It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tells veterans that end of Iraq war is about to begin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

US front line troops to leave Iraq by end of month

once again he lies more.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
www.washingtonpost.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

US front line troops to leave Iraq by end of month

once again he lies more.

Yeah lol:

Official figures show 535 people were killed in violence in July, the deadliest month for Iraqis in more than two years.

The figures compiled by the defence, interior and health ministries were released late Saturday and showed 1,043 people were wounded last month.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I don't have much to say, but how does and "end start to begin?"

You are either in, or your out.

Sounds like a pussy footing comment, to me!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
And his track record for truth telling is...well we all know. so I'll just sit back and see what happens here, I wont hold my breath either.Thanks for sharing though

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
And the war with Iran begins.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

its just more rhetoric to curry favor for November elections. I can see him pulling SOME back just before November to pull in votes for the Dems, but i dont see a mass exodus like hes trying to portray anytime soon.

Its all a show for voting purposes.......

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Maybe I am too cynical, or just looking for monsters behind every tree, but I am thinking there might be two reasons for this. One is since BO is such a liar and elections are coming, he might be looking for reelection votes. But since we all know that BO isn't actually the final authority in these matters, maybe TPTB have a new war up their sleeves.......like maybe with Israel/Iran? JMO

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
At first, when he said he would end combat operations in Iraq "as promised" by the end of August, I got teary. I really want it to end. but then I thought about how we are still in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Then he talked about 90K troops being "brought home". We'll see. I have a feeling that just gives him 90K troops to send somewhere else like say, oh I dunno, Iran??

Then I also remembered how many things he said he would do that were in opposition to the Bush Admin policies and completely did the opposite by not only continuing them but also by expanding on them.

I want this to be true, but I am a firm believer in using someone's past actions to determine their future actions and this doesn't leave me a lot to be happy about.

edit to change wording

[edit on 2-8-2010 by nunya13]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Obama is the routine pathological liar as we see it.

This is the signal that the globalist elite want a war with Iran, and the Iraq veterans will be expendable cannon fodder...thanks to the military-industrial complex.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

As a Marine combat veteran that spent two years of his life in Iraq: Make no doubts about it - should the actual combat mission in Iraq cease by the end of August - that will be a good thing. It should have years ago.

But, I'm forced to ask myself: Is this simply repositioning for continued combat in Afghanistan (another place we shouldn't be fighting) or even a positioning for another front-line?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Wait for it.............wait for it...............wait for it.

Odierno: 50,000 troops to stay in Iraq through summer 2011

50k police for a population of 31 million

Sounds about right.

Oh wait, they are not police, they are a contingency, a transitional, another military base, in ANOTHER country, AGAIN.

Now that the Democrats are in Power "War is good"!

But we have to protect the world and spread Democracy. Democracy is the bastion of tyranny. We give you a Republic, if you can KEEP IT!

The Democracy Conspiracy

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Troops in Iraq - Total 85,000 U.S. troops as of February 28, 2010.

Source: usliberals.about.com...

Trust me, to those 35,000 men and women, that's a big deal.

Not to mention that if the Commander in Chief publicly declares that the mission will become humanitarian, it certainly should. And should it, that's a very big deal to that grunt patrolling in a IED ridden hell.

Should it not become humanitarian, then by all means, Obama is a liar (again).

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Wow. It's the beginning of the end.........of this particular war.

Finally, will we hear mission accomplished, again?

Still, I'll wonder, what was the mission, again?

I would like all the troops in Iraq to come home, and all of them in one piece.

Meanwhile.........I do recall a pledge that Obama made when he was campaigning for the POTUS position. It went something like....gonna remove the troops from Iraq and place them in Afghanistan.

Hmmm...........

Meanwhile, if Obama wants my respect and vote, not that he cares about my lil ole vote, nor my respect, he would bring em all home. Stop the insanity on many levels. Stop the ridiculous spending on he wars, put that money to good use, actually funding real jobs, that mean something to people. Rebuilding the infrastructure of the U.S., guarding the borders against invaders, encouraging real development of alternative fuels and the systems that can use these fuels, I could go on and on, of course.

But the main interest to me is stop sending our people off to die in wars, stop killing innocent peoples in other countries, and seek real peace, not peace through war and intimidation.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nlouise
he might be looking for reelection votes

US presidential elections are held every 4 years so he doesn't have to worry until 2012 but I believe Congress is every 2 years. Don't know if it's only reps or senators or both though.

I'm really glad hes going to bring the troops home but like others I'm worried about where he's going to send them next, Afghan or Iran? I hope it doesn't come down to that but I fear it will.

My 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
90k of troops!
he will send they to the border of Mexico.
or send them against the american people.
take your guess.

I feel sorry for the troops.
they will feel so good.
then he sends they some ware just as bad...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thov420

Either way he doesn't need the votes he's positioning himself to be a dictator. And dictators don't really need votes. Thank God the worlds ending in 2012 as another 4 yrs of his nonsense can't go to good in my book. At least Bush knew how to give you a reach around before publicly screwing you. As with others comments yep I feel these troops will end up in another war, seems death is the chosen way out for them by our elected officials. I'd like to see mid war somewhere our troops turn around come home and wage war on these scumbags in Washington D.C.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
He already took credit for a victory in Iraq so it's only normal to bring the troops home.
My only question, will the troops have jobs to come home to?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
please show respect to other members and stay on topic, just a little heads up.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
please show respect to other members and stay on topic, just a little heads up.

Who's straying from the topic?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

buddha commenting the likely ness that these us forces which are been recalled are going to be sent to the border of Mexico,

mexico, iran are different topics, i believe there is another thread concerning american border and Mexico invasion of the south i think?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join