It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul IS the Axis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The more I listen to Ron Paul, the more I realize, that he has just good old-fashioned American values, just like what I was taught while I was growing up.

I love this man, for being true to himself, and true to the same values that made this country great.

But it is a crying shame that the vast majority of "Americans" are too self absorbed in the pursuit of pleasure, to realize that their very own futures, have been sold out by the corporate owned government.

This video was not as good as I had hoped, but I hope that it might still stir some emotion in each of you.

For by feeling emotion, we may act to create a better world.

www.youtube.com...

Peace

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
He's definitely an anomaly - a politician with principles. Americans had a chance to usher in real change in the 2008 election, but they failed to do so. While it is unfortunate that the majority apparently still sides with the establishment, Ron Paul has had a significant impact on the modern political scene. Hopefully, that impact will continue to grow.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I really like the video, not the reality of it, but it was moving and well put together. I also agree with both of you. 08 was an amazing reality check. People are too tuned in to the status quo for anything to change. I'm pretty much totally turned off by the whole situation now, people are too selfish and short-sighted - even now, even after we nearly had a second depression. These wars go on and it's leaked that we have lost more soldiers and killed a lot more innocent civilians than reported. But no problem for the majority - it's not them sacrificing in these wars. If everyone had a relative serving in Iraq or Afghanistan, the majority would be against war. It's lame how we allow the PTB to manipulate us. I try to think positive, and to the mainstream it seems I am not.

But really I am, really we are. We are thinking more positive than anyone, wanting wars to end and (economic) freedom to return to the empowered individual. We want the modern wage slave-system to die (the solution is more personal, but things have to happen politically also). What a world this one could be - but we NEED politics to change, it's just another piece of the puzzle but a very important one. I think it's more important that people change though, they just shoot themselves in the foot when they allow this rat-race system to continue. They can't see just how great this world could be, period. They can't imagine anything else but "That's just the way it is."

But we have this system, democracy, republic whatever, even if we did not we could still change our country, our states, our cities... It's a place we share, we could do anything. People don't realize that. We are in fact using our human potential whether we realize it or not, and right now we are using that amazing power blindly. Absoutely blind. And it's all going to the profits of the super-wealthy - the house we live in and car we drive are TINY crumbs, that most work our entire lives for. But worse than our personal situation, I think, is what we do to the world by living in the most powerful country and flying blind.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

I appreciate your reply. But I would like to point out that while you said, we almost had another depression, I would say that we are starting the greatest depression ever.

The cause of this, will be known as the use of fiat currency, and debt based money.

We need to return to sound money, based upon precious metals and commodities, and not debt.

Very soon, what Ron Paul says, will be apparent to even the most uninformed.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

I agree with you. The "next depression" was only delayed. Now for most, for the masses, it was merely a near miss. But that near miss still did nothing to make people look deeper and be worried that the same formula may be still prevalent. In other words people never look into the inner workings or the underpinnings, no matter how hard these facts slap them in the face, no matter how close things get to disaster, economic disaster.

But the fact that it almost happened should have been enough to wake people up. Now it may happen in six years or so and people are right back to their normal paradigm.

If you were texting while driving and nearly got in an accident, it would teach you to stop doing it, but for the masses it just teaches them that everything is cool or in "God's hands" and they will never change until they get into a head on collision. (with reality)

top topics

join