It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Carlin - The American Dream (Banned on youtube)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
You've never heard of George Carlin before? The man is a comedy legend and when he died, the world lost an amazing man....

That said, I would venture to guess that the reason the videos are being removed, ties into the reason most other videos of copy righted content tends to be removed... Because it is copy righted and was put up with out permission from the owner.....

I see no conspiracy here, personally. Besides, if it is on video like that, you can probably go find a copy of his stand up for sale some where.... look on amazon, or ebay, or bestbuy... places like that...There you can watch it and not have to worry about copyright issues.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

I think it is after a person dies plus 50-70 years, generally. I could be wrong. I’m not sure where I heard that.

ETA source - www.copyright.gov

forgot to add: Love George Carlin... I never tire of listening to him.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by worlds_away]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I don't know what criteria youtube employs to ban audio/video. It seems
to be a fairly arbitrary hit-n-miss. And leaves alot of posters scratching their
heads and feeling they are being treated unfairly.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I always believed that an image is not public domain until the person has passed on; such as Stooges, Marilyn Monroe, and others ( I am probably thinking very old school on this), but that the 'Work' of a person will always be protected under 'ownership'; even if it is only an Estate.

I am sure it is more complicated than that, but on a Lay understanding I would see why the videos can show image without content if that is the case.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by worlds_away
Love George Carlin... I never tire of listening to him.

Same here...I can count with less than the fingers on one hand how many comedians can make me laugh so hard that it brings me to tears & George was one of them.

I also noticed that near the end, the videos of his comedy routines & interviews gave me the impression that he was at peace with himself. I get that impression from when he talked about having "no stake in the outcome" & being able to just sit back & be amused at watching everything happen.

I'm still young enough to have at least some stake in the outcome, unfortunately, because at the pace events are happening, I stand a pretty good chance of it affecting me personally, for better or worse. But I'm also old enough to gather resources & put some effort into "disconnecting" enough to try lessening the negative effects.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by worlds_away
reply to post by dragnet53

I think it is after a person dies plus 50-70 years, generally. I could be wrong. I’m not sure where I heard that.

ETA source - www.copyright.gov

forgot to add: Love George Carlin... I never tire of listening to him.

well I am noticing a real strong movement on this video on youtube. WMG or warner music group has claimed they have a copyright on george carlin voice. Interesting didn't even know they could copyright his own voice. This is the only video being nuked by them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join