It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Carlin - The American Dream (Banned on youtube)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Couldn't get embed to work - NSFW

I didn't hear about this guy until a friend posted his video on Facebook. Every video on youtube of this has the audio banned or frozen. This guy hits spot on what is wrong with this country. Its the fact that the country is owned by people, actually owned, who's only goals are to put more money in their pocket by emptying yours.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by ninthaxis]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Uhhhh, how is it "banned" on Youtube?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It is being banned......

Notice the audio has been removed per youtube? Visit the video link and read. Link

[edit on 2-8-2010 by ninthaxis]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

Why isn't the video that I posted "banned" then?

And why did I just find like 4 more copies of the same video on youtube?

Edit to add: Also, if they are actually "banning" this video clip, it doesn't have anything to do with the content, but everything to do with copyrights.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Diplomat]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
But like you said, why not all the other ones then? I do not know why, I just know its making its way around Facebook now and that may be why youtube attention (google) has been brought to the video.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

think

all the videos are being banned ... why?

they have a system that compares the audio probably

since your video, uses a song in the background, it kind of goes thought the system

a very weird song that doesnt have anything to do with the actual video and it doesnt help us concentrate to listen well, so it obviously was intentional

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
since the fbi started cracking down on movie sites youtube has removed tons of videos. they removed every bit of george carlin about a month or two ago but people have been adding some since then.

a while ago you could watch any carlin full feature straight from youtube. those days are over. this is nothign sinister, just protecting artist's rights.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

The ten commandment

this guy is funny

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Sorry for this quickie post, but, YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF GEORGE CARLIN? He's priceless! Or was, anyway. He cut to the quick, that's for sure. My all-time favorite thing he said was, "Did you ever look at the people in the background of a movie and wonder if they're dead yet?"

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
now my opinion on the video

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW

what an AMAZING video ... I just love what Carlin said about religion, but this was completely perfect too

everyone need to flags this thread ... video is just amazing, and he said what a lot of people already know here ...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
MAN haven't been long since I laughed this hard since ages hahahahahaha

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This rant of his is spot on.
George Carlin's rants will live on!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Even though George Carlin wasn't a fan of religion the man sure could preach. He tells the truth even though he was considered a comedian. I guess the truth is so scary you have to laugh not to cry.

RIP Carlin

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
George Carlin is a legend...
I truly miss him... RIP

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

It isn't "banned" its COPYRIGHTED. I know because after his death I attempted to make a compilation of some of his best moments to put on youtube. 2005's Life is Worth Losing is watched for by youtube's copyright bots. It isn't banned, its just copyrighted. Besides it isn't like this is Carlin's only show where he attacks the "American way" and other ideals they spoon-feed us. I'm also fairly sure transcripts of this exist elsewhere on the internet.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Baseball vs. Football is classic...

"Capital Punishment" is truly, I believe, one of his best bits... funniest and actually spot on, in terms of his vilifying the voyeuristic American Public.
"And we'll balance the stupid @#^$*@& budget."

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
People really need to use the search function more often.

Do a search for George Carlin and you will see this has been posted many times already.

Good material tho.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
People really need to use the search function more often.

Do a search for George Carlin and you will see this has been posted many times already.

Good material tho.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I've been a fan of George Carlin ever since I first heard him do the "Hippy Dippy Weatherman" routine...I don't even remember how many decades ago. Everything I've ever seen him do since then got funnier & funnier...And with more wisdom injected.

Thanks for the video, I really needed a laugh just now...

And a thank you for George too, for all of his thought-provoking hilarity over the years...RIP, bro.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanObanion

But he is dead jim.

I thought all rights were lost because of that?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join