It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would rather be a sheep than a man who lives in fear.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
You were living in fear because you chose to.

What a cop out on your behalf to become a sheep.

Sure there is a lot of doom and gloom - use it as fuel to make a positive difference.

Don't just choose indifference.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by RRokkyy

There is another stage.

Taking action. You take action by first of all voting. Second by letting your views be known to those in office. Third by participating in peaceful, legal protest much as the Tea Party and others have done. Fourth by running for office yourself.

Giving up is not an option worth considering. It's like suicide, its the cowards way out.

The Voting Game has gotten us nowhere but to this apocalypse.

Those in Office dont care about your views.)Health care,amnesty(

Peaceful protests do very little.)Remember 10 years of Vietnam protests,(

Very few have the stomach (third POWER chakra),ability or connections to run for office.
Read my post half way down the page: 27 Reasons why the NWO cant be stopped.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3-8-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

LOL I know what you mean. I see it even on facebook. People would believe that the sea floor is collapsing because of the oil leak, but you post an article on a CME headed to Earth they just believe it won't do any harm.

yes, I do ask for disappointment for believing first and ask questions later, but at least I am not gullible.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think."

- Adolf Hitler

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan89

Baa ..........Then get ready to be brought to the Slaughter . You are WEAK .

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by State of Mind
"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think."

- Adolf Hitler

Isn't anyone looking at my other posts? I clearly state that I do not support the government. I DO think, thank you very much. I question boths sides. Look at the *snip* posts!

"Baa ..........Then get ready to be brought to the Slaughter . You are WEAK ."

My point is proven. You are automatically a sheep if you disagree with the truthers. I would rather be a free thinker than a prisoner of Alex Jones, David Icke, or Truthergirl.

Please, keep in mind that I was in a different mindset when I started this thread. I was p*ssed off and not concentrating on my words. If my house was raided by government-sponsered thugs, I WOULD defend myself. Suicide would only come when they are killing me slowly and painfully. I think you would, as well.

Profanity and Censor Circumvention on the Rise

[edit on Fri Aug 6 2010 by Jbird]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
anyone who commits suicide is giving in to the things that make them think about it if somebody fears the nwo an beining rounded up in fema camps etc. wouldnt u fight for ur rights an freedom or would u be a little &*%#@ an take it

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
While I too have great distaste for labels and categories, and I hear what people are saying about Wotan89's use of those in some of his posts, I don't think some people are getting his overarching point. He has made some mistakes and poor uses of words in his original post (by his admission, not my accusation, mind you,) and has apologized for that and clarified his purpose.

He's not saying he wants to be a "sheep" in the sense some are thinking of it in. He's simply saying that he would rather be the thing that some people label a sheep - i.e. a person who happens to disagree with or, since he's a self-professed skeptic now, simply doesn't yet accept due to lack of proof some of the conspiracy theories people often describe as "the real truth" - than live in fear or blind belief of a thing for which he can find no irrefutable proof. (He also isn't saying he would rather die than resist tyranny. He has clarified that repeatedly.) He is asserting his new found skepticism and trying to say, "If being skeptical makes me a sheep in your eyes then so be it."

That really does appear to be his only point, despite some anger-fueled missteps along the way to expressing it. I think we can at least focus on what he has said his real point is, rather than continue to criticize what he has already accepted were mistakes on his part and apologized for.

As for his mentions of considering suicide, I respect people's opinions, but I personally highly doubt calling him weak-minded and telling him he simply needs to "man up" (a common refrain on ATS when it comes to mental illness, I've noticed) is going to help him if he is still in anywhere near that state of mind. As for me, I can only repeat the same advice I offered earlier in the thread here.

Just my two cents.

[edit on 8/4/2010 by AceWombat04]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Wow op you're taking this completely the wrong way. Don't blame the truth seekers for your fear blame yourself. They spread knowledge because knowledge is power, you're the one choosing to feel helpless like you can't prevent any of it. People like you are the reason nothing is being done about it. People that choose to live in fear of the knowledge rather than use it to their power.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

Really like that cartoon.

I was sort of similar when I first read this site, big panic about the economic collapse in particular and couldn't stop thinking about it. After a while though I realized that the biggest thing to take from ATS is the ability to think logically and critically for yourself.

Know that this stuff is out there and enjoy life at the same time, that's what I try to do.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I have decided to return to my hometown of Dragør, which is in Denmark. Although I have not seen this place in fifteen years, I miss it dearly. Sure it is cold and dreary, but I loved it, and I felt much safer there than I do in the United States.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan89
I have decided to return to my hometown of Dragør, which is in Denmark. Although I have not seen this place in fifteen years, I miss it dearly. Sure it is cold and dreary, but I loved it, and I felt much safer there than I do in the United States.

www.jihadwatch.org...

Muslims are only 4 percent of Denmark's 5.4 million people but make up a majority of the country's convicted rapists, an especially combustible issue given that practically all the female victims are non-Muslim. Similar, if lesser, disproportions are found in other crimes.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Nice, love your unbiased source, well done.

Yes that was sarcasm

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think this is my first time in this thread, but I keep seeing the name pop up and keep getting this thought, so I thought I'd share it and maybe it'll get out of my head.

I think a lot of whom you may be deem "sheeple" who also live in fear. They just fear different things. Listen to different people.

And if you're implying that the opposite of "sheeple" are people who are aware of things? Then I'd disagree with that definition and the premise that it brings fear too.

If you fear, don't blame other people. Just look to yourself to ask why.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Maybe it is your fault for beleiving everything you hear/read.

most of us here, take these things with a grain of salt. even the most knowlegable on these subjects dont let it interefere with there everyday life.

but between you and me, if i was rich i would build a nuclear bunker in my yard..just in case.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan89

I think it’s foolish and irresponsible to blame one’s own fears on the people you choose to seek information from.

The reality is while life is not always pleasant forewarned is forearmed. People who understand that simply then plan for those possible contingencies and put their fears aside knowing then that what ever comes down the pike they are as well prepared for it as possible.

What you found out, was your fears were entirely self created by how your own imagination played out the contingencies that they outlined for you.

You chose to believe these things would happen in short order.

You chose to believe that there was nothing you could do about them.

That would be all on you and not on them.

Fate is just the weight of circumstances and some people are more adept at carrying that weight and meeting those challenges than others.

Your post is about blaming the messenger for how the recipient then chose to use the information, or in your case by your own admission obsess over the information in debilitating ways to you.

Now, I can guarantee you the messenger(s) did not instruct you to do that.

Hiding your head in the sand and ignoring things is not likely to serve you any better, than over reacting to things and obsessing over them to the point of despair.

Striking a healthy and wise balance where you can be objective and critical, and critically constructive towards information while examining it from an unbiased viewpoint is much more sensible.

Your problem is one of learning to mastering your own focus.

The world is in this predicament because so many people fail to take responsibility for their own actions and insist that someone must always be to blame for them.

Conspiracy theorists did not lead you to your impasse; you led yourself to your impasse.

That’s the real lesson here, and from my vantage, what you are continuing to display is a pattern of drawing incorrect conclusions and remedies, that avoid you having to be responsible for your own decision making process and ability to maintain a healthy and balanced focus in life.

You won’t learn that by blaming your problems on others.

Just saying!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0

When you see weakness, do you see an opportunity or an urge to protect?
How you answer that question says a lot about who you really are.

It depends.

Some people, (and I am not hinting at anyone here in this thread, just in general) use their "weakness" as a tool to manipulate others into doing their dirty work for them. Or to avoid having to take responsibility for themselves. Or as an excuse not to reciprocate kindnesses or favors.

Some people are genuinely in a position or situation where they are being bullied or abused.

The people who fall into the first category, I do not extend myself for.

The people who fall into the second category, I will, and have, fought for up to and including physically risking my own well being for them.

I use discernment, and good judgment, and careful observation to determine if I am looking at a professional victim, who uses weakness to manipulate others, or a good person in a bad situation.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

Originally posted by Wotan89

www.jihadwatch.org...

Muslims are only 4 percent of Denmark's 5.4 million people but make up a majority of the country's convicted rapists, an especially combustible issue given that practically all the female victims are non-Muslim. Similar, if lesser, disproportions are found in other crimes.

My Danish friends have said that the effects of Islamification have had little effect on Denmark, despite what both the mainstream and alternative media wants you to believe. The whole incident with the Muhammed cartoon has settled down over the years. Just saying.

To me, this is further proof that the media--whether it be mainstream or alternative--is not the most trustworthy source.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
What about the government always putting people in fear of the supposed terrorists?

When America attacks it's because of the "terrorists".When the Muslims attack it's because..they're terrorists?What makes them terrorists,and not soldiers of war?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan89

I'm sorry to hear the difficulties you have suffered by reading theories on whatever subject but you cannot blame people for your own inability to control your thoughts or emotions. I too have read many many many detailed theories on these "supposed" things going on that are being kept secret and it did 3 things to me...

1. Make me happy that i had the knowledge and a method of preparing myself for the event that any of them may be true.
2. Help me look at the world from a more critical point of view with regards to those in power which enables me to do better for those less fortunate in knowledge
3. make me not give a damn about what anyones says or does to me because at the end of the day it all works out in the end...i'm a strong believer in karma and no bad deed goes unpunished. If you have a suspition about something then share it...dont bottle it up, you never know it could save someones life.

Conspiracy theories exist, there are a lot of them, probably far more than we know about, why? well because there are too many people around to makea hefty profit from so they need to generate them to keep people on thewild goose chase and off the correct path.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join