It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lyrics Analysis - The Catalyst

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hello everyone, I am personally a die hard Linkin Park fan and got down to listening to their newest song that was released today. Now given trends in the past few years over their songs, they've become more political in some of their songs like No More Sorrow and Hands Held High. A tour they conducted in 2008 was called Road to Revolution and they released a subsequent album from that tour.
Here I would like to over some analysis of the lyrics here pertaining to the modern political world, everyone here's worldviews taken into account, etc.
Given previous bands who were politically active in their lyrics like during the Vietnam War era, we had plenty of bands making their thoughts known to the mainstream.
Now we come to the modern era of everyone here on ATS of course knowledgeable about the undertones starting to make an impact on the course of America and likewise throughout the world as a result of the mishaps and arrogance of governments.
Now that you know where I am coming from, the lyrics should speak for themselves, anyone wishing to listen to the song itself may find a low quality version of it on the Linkin Park myspace page.

God bless us everyone
We're a broken people living under loaded gun
And it can't be outfought
It can't be outdone
It can't outmatched
It can't be outrun
No

Like memories in cold decay
Transmissions echoing away
Far from the world of you and I
Where oceans bleed into the sky

God save us everyone
When we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns
For the sins of our men
The sins of our dogs
The sins of our fathers
The sins of our young
No
Repeat 2X

The sky

Lift me up, let me go
Repeat 5X

God bless us everyone
We're a broken people living under loaded gun
And it can't be outfought
It can't be outdone
It can't out matched
It can't be outrun
Repeat 3X

Lyrics source

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Funny you posted this - I just heard that song for the first time today (die hard rocker here) and liked it, as I've always liked LP. There's quite a bit of stuff coming out lately about the state of the world. Most recently, Megadeth did a concept album called, "Endgame" about the NWO. I didn't like the music much, as they went back to their old style of speed/thrash metal - too much even for me.

The absolute most awesome, though, is Judas Priest's latest album, "Nostradamus". While it's supposed to be about the man and his prophecies, the lyrics really have more to do with events playing out right now and how this all goes down. Especially "Sands of Time" and "Alone". The music is also superb!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Here are a few bands which i really enjoy, their lyrics are great - very similar topics...

HED PE is really cool for this - interesting songs (pretty hard rock)
Hed PE's myspace tunes

COG go a little deeper (they also have a great website and are hard rock)
COG's music

Drover Mad - a great song called animal on their myspace
Drover Mad myspace songs

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Just listened to the whole CD. It seems as more of a mashup of music and political stuff. I like that they actually have done this. Maybe this will make some people think.

My first post, lol.

I actually found myself listening to the MLK bit about 10x last night. MLK is a true inspiration for myself and I am sure for many others.

Here's the bit from the MLK part.

It's called Wisdom, Justice, and Love

"I come to this magnificent house of worship tonight because my conscience leaves me no other choice... A true revolution of values will lay hand on the world order and say of war, 'This way of settling differences is not just.' This business of burning human beings with napalm, of filling our nation's homes with orphans and widows, of injecting poisonous drugs of hate into the veins of peoples normally humane, of sending men home from dark and bloody battlefields physically handicapped and psychologically deranged, cannot be reconciled with wisdom, justice, and love..."

Towards the end of the song it goes into a type of robotic sound and repeats the following saying about 4x.

"It cannot be reconciled, there is no justice in war"

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join