It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar blast heading toward Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Hi All,

After all it seems there might be a light show here in New Zealand tonight.
www.stuff.co.nz...

Aurora australis, or the "Southern Lights"
If its a clear night, I will take some photos and share with you all.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by remrem
Hi All,

After all it seems there might be a light show here in New Zealand tonight.
www.stuff.co.nz...

Aurora australis, or the "Southern Lights"
If its a clear night, I will take some photos and share with you all.

That would be awesome to see photos, I have started the same topic.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
At 3:10 to 3:15AM EST I was out smoking a ciggie and saw a green flash in the sky to the NE. I live in East coast of central Florida. The flash lasted as long as it takes me to say "there and gone", was spherical in shape, and did not light up the whole of the sky. This was, from my perspective, right below the Pleades cluster and behind a neighbors damnd tree down the street. It was not a blown transformer or I would have heard it, and it was green and seemed to only light up a circle (filled, not outline) of the sky. I am 10 miles from the Atlantic so this was over the ocean and am wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this. I must say that I always look up at the sky when I am out at night, and today I had a couple internet connection problems and 1 instance of my electricity flicker, so I had it in my mind that those things were from the solar flare. And then before going to bed I see this... IDK maybe I was too tired and had solar flare on my mind, and I halucinated seeing an aurora borealis thingie. One other thing... I was looking that way because there was a bright star more northern in the NE than the flash. It is probable one of our planets as it was alome and very bright. But why I was looking at it is because it was not close to the horizon and yet still flickered and pulsed like there was a lot of atmospheric disturbance between me and it... then I see the green flash, there and gone. I move around so I can see around the tree (up the street a bit, then to my front porch) to maybe see what made it or see it again. I did not see it again after looking in that direction again for the next 15 minutes. But before I went back in I noticed that the star/planet I was originally looking at is not twinkling as much as it was.

Sorry for the rant. Had to tell someone.

Anyone experience this tonight (8/3/10 3:14AM PST) ???

The temp

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

northern lights farther south

Scientists said residents of northern regions — from Maine to Michigan and anywhere farther north around the globe — may see unusual northern lights.

Usually only regions closer to the Arctic can see the aurora of rippling reds and greens, but solar storms pull them south.

www.spaceweather.com...

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Here in Kansas City, my internet has been running extremely slow tonight, with lots of connection attempts timed out, which is really unusual. Perhaps that's part of it too. I haven't been out to see the sky, the heat and humidity are brutal.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Tempest333

just a guess that the green flash was a boloid explosion seen head on instead of from the side which would have left a tell-tale tail in the sky
just like a meteor

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Tempest333

You probably saw a Perseid meteor.
The meteor shower is underway at the moment.

www.chiff.com...

new topics

top topics

join