It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

* Useful Quake & Volcano Links *

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gagol
There is so much links in the OP, it can keep me busy for a while!

It is interesting to see how information has become so pervasive. 20 years ago, the only way an average person could follow earthquakes was with newspaper! Now we have everything accessible in realtime.

S+F

Know what you mean, although we used to hear about it on TV News if it was a biggie (20 years wasn't that long ago
)
I think the tsunami of 2004 woke a lot of people up (including Governments) to the hazards of earthquakes.
The Chinese must have mountains of historical data, too bad we can't get at it.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by Antoniastar

Thanks very much. Yes I got that one wrong.

I think the only problem with this thread is going to be updating it in a way that it still makes sense. I can't get back to change that one now.

You're welcome.

Uhm, as far as updating your thread, besides linking to a website page expressly for this purpose, you could just start a new thread when needed (add new links and corrections, etc). Like maybe wait a certain amount of time (once a month or every 3 months, etc.) and then called the new thread Updated plus your title or whatever and then add a link to your new thread to this thread that way you still have all the comments.

You'll lose the stars and flags but I think the title and the content speaks for itself.

Otherwise I don't see any other way to update it. I don't know if that's against ATS rules or not. It wouldn't be a duplicate thread if the title is different and the content is updated.

I'm sure this option has already crossed your mind. Just tryin' to help out.

Toni

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Awesome work Puterman! Thanks Heaps!!

Also thanks to Muzzy for putting the Aussie links up as well

Cheers

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

Hi Toni

Yes a link to an external site would resolve the problem and since I have a site and have already transferred all the data to it, this is what I will do probably.

I guess the best thing to do would be to create a new thread with the first post as a link to the site and then at least people can add new sites in the thread. I don't have the facility (or bandwidth) to run a bb on the site.

Give it a week or two more to collect any interesting links and then I will do it.

Thanks for you input - and everyone else as well of course.

Edit:

You'll lose the stars and flags

Completely and utterly not a cause for any concern!! It would not bother me if they dispensed with them.

[edit on 6/8/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Earthquake P wave travel time calculator from USGS

Quite handy as you can set up a specific station and it will save the information in a coolie so next time it is still there.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

You're welcome.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join