It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa scientists braced for 'solar tsunami' to hit earth

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well, not sure if this is anything. Here in IL, we received some pretty heavy storms within the last 2 days (yesterday and today). We never had storms like these before. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I read the two links and was thinking I was reading it incorrectly, contradictory analysis. Thanks for the all clear - thought I was loosing it!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Solar tsunami hits earth (news.discovery.com...) and

Nothing Happens!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

If you worry now, you'll just be wasting energy, live life the best you can every day, and realize that if the world DOES end tomorrow, at least you've lived life to the fullest, you have no control so why worry about it?

[/peace]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

You've missed the most pertinent part of my reply where I took quotes from your sources showing how they contradict each other.

This is what you missed out:

I'm reading things like "maximum quake frequency occurs at times of moderately high and fluctuating solar activity" and "It has been established that the maximum in the number of earthquakes directly correlates with the instant of a sudden increase in the solar wind velocity." which suggests that earthquakes occur during active solar cycles, then there are comments from your other sources saying "Earthquakes occur frequently around the minimum years of solar activity." and you state above that earthquakes occur from inactive solar cycles letting in cosmic particles and the like.

I've bolded the important parts.

So which is it?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
i don't know how much wearing my tin foil hat and sun block helped yesterday, but i'm still here today.

it was in the triple digits & hot yesterday here in illinois, though.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I already explained it to you but somehow you keep missing the point, or you just entirely ignore it...

I even showed you several links that show when the Sun's activities went down cosmic rays, radiation, and other energies were able to enter the Solar system,because the Solar System's and the Earth's defenses are/were down, and guess what?... Those energies also affect the Earth in many ways including causing CLIMATE CHANGES, and even increasing the seismic and magmatic activity on Earth.

I even showed you, and put in bold MORE THAN ONCE the fact that the Sun's activities are not the only factors that cause these phenomenon, but somehow you seem to become blind when that information is right in front of you...

For some reason you, like other people involving anothre topic known as Climate change, want to apparently claim, or believe that only one factor can influence the seismic and magmatic activity on Earth, but of course you are wrong...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

See?.. even Phage can't seem to understand that there is not just one factor...

The Sun is not the only factor which affects the Earth and every planet in this Solar System.

What is it with you two? you still believe the Sun is the center of the Universe?

For some reason neither of you can fathom reality... When the Sun's defenses are down we are affected by other energies, plasma and stellar objects which are outside the Solar System but which the Solar System interacts with.

The Solar System is not standing still in one place...it moves throughout the galaxy, and our galaxy moves throughout the Universe and encouters different regions of space which change the dynamics of what happens to planets like Earth.

Somehow you two don't seem to know, or even understand this...

[edit on 5-8-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

hi phage

seams people are studying the effects of upper atmosphere weather modifycation and the reverse effects of energy injected into the system by man made means weather mod from earth

i think cme hitting the earth could be likened to HAARP

It isn't just conspiracy theorists who are concerned about HAARP. The European Union called the project a global concern and passed a resolution calling for more information on its health and environmental risks. Despite those concerns, officials at HAARP insist the project is nothing more sinister than a radio science research facility."
-- Quote from a TV documentary on HAARP by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC).

external linky for reference
www.globalresearch.ca...

this is about haarps effect on weather and i beleive the sun can eject alot more energy into this system then large linked radio arrays

can the sun create earthquakes ? not sure but if it can then so can HAARP

can a large CME create the perfect storm in the upper atmosphere?
not sure but id say so

could this interaction provide the perfect sheild to bounce radio frequencies from mile long arrays back to the ground ?

not sure

but if the claims of the UE gov about the sinister reason for HAARP then cmes from the sun may allow unpresedented use of HAARP for earthquake and weather modifycation

CMES allow for a double whammy
1. increases charged particals in the upper atmosphere (doing what?)
2. increases sprites discharges into the upper atmosphere (no relationship?)

the relationship between energy released from the sun and the earth respectivly through the atmosphere must have a result in the weather on our planet

and HAARP causes energy release into this same system as a SMALL CME

any thoughts as this makes sence to me

thanks in advance

XPLodER

speculation is not meant as an insult but simply to stir debate about cmes influence on earth weather/tectonic systems

as well as HAARPS

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

So...everything causes earthquakes? (I liked the one about an increase in earthquakes being related to solar activity more than a year before).

Ok, I'll admit that the data backs that up, there are earthquakes all the time and something is happening in space all the time. But what we are specifically talking about here is the relationship between CMEs (geomagnetic activity in particular) and earthquakes.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Man... my finger is getting tired of starring Chad's replies to Elect. From your back-and-forth posts, I have a much better view of what we don't know, and the different hypotheses scientists have concerning the correlation between quakes and solar activity. That is the most anyone can ask for from this topic, and I thank you both for your input.

The Temp

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
i hope that solar tsunami hits NASA headquarter and everybody part of this evil organization

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Nothing happened where i was either
Did have a thunderstorm the very next day which had really really loud weird sounding thunder. Maybe the storm was above me i dunno

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by aspx
i hope that solar tsunami hits NASA headquarter and everybody part of this evil organization

NASA is not evil. I know Many many many people who work or have worked there. I even know of a guy who used to be a safety inspector for the shuttles who was dying of an alleged poisoning because he was doing his job 'too well' (and know this for the fable it is).

And also: At least let it wait until they finish filming Transformers 3 before tsunami'ing it to hellenbach (they are filming on location atm)

Temp

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

edit on 9/27/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join