It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Observations on going away from ATS for awhile and coming back

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I have stayed away from any discussions of aliens for years. I got a little interested when first starting to view ATS at the beginning of 2007. I realized after just before a year on the site, that it was the same bs, with a slightly different spin every few months.. all pointing to disclosure being right around the corner. It's bs, guys. If/when it ever happens, it'll likely seem to come out of the blue. As for the various people who report seeing alien crafts, I'm being honest here.. about 1% of the population is schizophrenic, and I've done some research into some of the various causes behind it .. not only this, but about another 2% of the population is either a pathological liar and narcissist, so my conclusion is that this may be a result of attention seekers and hardcore psychotics. It may also be that visitations do happen, but ... for real .. NO FREAKING EVIDENCE !!!! Common sense rules, imo. I do admit to still being on the fence. Not so much as for them being out there, but that they are visiting and seen on a regular basis. I'm nearly positive that intelligent life exists somewhere in the cosmos. ..

As for financial collapse, that's a whole other ball game. It should have happened, seems pretty much inevitable, and could happen any day now, though I think there's still some months/years ahead. That's a much more reasonable topic to discuss, imo.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha

A persons judgement and common sense counts for a lot around here

I don't think it does! Judging from the flags and star levels, it's the salacious, the titillating, and outright confrontational threads and posts that seem to be rewarded.

When I'm working hard and can't get on ATS; I'm happier! But I crave the salacious, titillating and confrontation that only a board like ATS can provide.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Darn...sucked back in! to reply to this thread.
I have not "been" here for sometime now and I believe the "break" I took helped me out greatly.

I have been through alot, and ATS was just adding to my problems. If you feel a need to let it go for a bit then by all means do so...trust me you will not miss anything.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I never spent any time in the aliens forum. I guess I just don't believe in them and can't get past it.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
LOL! There is finally a thread in the Aliens and UFO forum worth reading and responding to and it gets moved to below top secret. What happened to "Deny ignorance"?

Oh well, I finally have a reason to sign into below top secret.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChicUFO
LOL! There is finally a thread in the Aliens and UFO forum worth reading and responding to and it gets moved to below top secret.

Yeah, I'm not really sure why my thread got moved, but whatev. Was I too general (and not enough about aliens specifically)? Really, the ONLY reason I was ever on ATS was because of the aliens topic. And I thought discovery of ET was probably just around the corner.

Anyway, I don't know much about belowtopsecret, but I'm guessing the thread dies right around here.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sophismata

Than is probably an accurate assumption. I only joined BTS for this thread and I can see that BTS is not much of a site. It's pretty boring on BTS but don't feel bad, I had a thread deleted because I used (snip) in it. ATS uses an automatic censoring program that replaces certain words with *snip* I edited my own post as a joke and replaced words like hair with (snip) the mods deleted my post without reading it.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I haven't been on ATS since 2006. I was struggling to make something of myself at the time. The reason I did come back was because my view of the world has changed. I used to be part of the UFO crowd but not so much any more. Now that the sides have changed I'm convinced that people share the same views as me here. Not to mention there are a lot of decent down to earth people I used to discuss things with. One thing I don't like is the one sentence posts with absolutely no content which we got hung for posting many years back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join