It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supertext Comma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Anyone know how to input a "supertext comma?" I guess that's what you'd call it. I'm using footnotes, so have 1s, 2s, 3s, you know, but in the main text where the notation is given to the reference, I'm using the numbers that are tiny and higher up (that's supertext, right)?

One particular place, I'm attributing two sources so want a 1 "comma" 2. But I don't know how to make a tiny, high-up comma that matches with the numbers.

I hope this makes sense and if so, anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I mean you'd think this would be incredibly easy to find out with Google and I'm typically superb at finding junk. But I couldn't find anything in the five or six minutes I worked on it, so I said screw it, somebody on ATS will know and I've got plenty of time.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You forgot to say where are you writing that.

Doing something like that in Word is easy, on an ATS post it's not.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
tried to search for it on a standard windows pc using the arial font. open the character map application by clicking on the start button then select Run (if you're running Windows Vista or 7, click on the search box in the start menu), type "charmap" and run it. once the application loads, select the arial font and scroll down a bit past the uninteresting characters until you find the U+0313 character. note the parts highlighted in red in the image below.

[edit on 8.4.10 by toreishi]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Sorry ArMaP, I wasn't bothered because I figured I would be able to figure out how it worked on my setup if somebody had the info. And so it was. I'm using Pages on a Mac, but toreishi's solution was perfect.

I had figured a work around (and don't even remember what it was, but I just kept copying and pasting). But toreishi's solution was what I was looking for. Don't know why I couldn't find that myself. Perhaps it was a weird font I was using rather than something more standard like Arial ... though U313 converts just fine into my font, as well as any others I have tried.

Thank you both, especially toreishi!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
But now that you bring it up, ArMaP, when you say it may not be easy to do this on ATS, does that mean a pain in the buttocks, or dang near impossible and totally not worth the effort? How would you do it?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

mans.3,4]

(Copying and pasting obviously doesn't do the trick.)

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

I mean almost impossible, because ATS doesn't support the BBCode for superscript, so we are limited to the predefined characters that are only ¹, ² and ³.

Unless there's a method that I haven't found yet.

Edit: and even the above depend on the encoding configuration of the browser.

[edit on 4/8/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Anyone interested in the info in this thread would likely be interested in the following thread as well:

Adding citations in posts with a superscript (little raised numbers).

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

Thanks for that.

I tried Unicode characters before but I was probably doing something wrong.

new topics

top topics

join