It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Book condoning murder has another rabbi in hot water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Book condoning murder has another rabbi in hot water

www.haaretz.com

The book, named "The King's Torah," deems the killing of non-Jews who threaten Israel as legal. "It is permissible to kill the Righteous among Nations even if they are not responsible for the threatening situation," the book says, adding: "If we kill a Gentile who has sinned or has violated one of the seven commandments - because we care about the commandments - there is nothing wrong with the murder."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
More hate speech from people who no doubt consider themselves "deeply spiritual". We've got Florida churches burning the Koran and now this. My invisible man in the clouds is not only better than yours, he authorises me to kill people who don't obey his rules, even if they don't subscribe to them.

I wonder what these seven commandments forbid? Probably not killing, then. Are they a sub-set of the Christian ten commandments? Or a whole different set? Personally, I'm with George Carlin on this issue...

www.youtube.com...

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
He is referring to the Seven Noachide Laws, given to the sons of Noah, which are
Prohibition of Idolatry: You shall not have any idols before God.
Prohibition of Murder: You shall not murder. (Genesis 9:6)
Prohibition of Theft: You shall not steal.
Prohibition of Sexual immorality: You shall not commit any of a series of sexual prohibitions, which include adultery, incest, anal intercourse between men, and bestiality.
Prohibition of Blasphemy: You shall not blaspheme God's name.
Dietary Law: Do not eat flesh taken from an animal while it is still alive. (Genesis 9:4, as interpreted in the Talmud (Sanhedrin 59a)
Requirement to have just Laws: Set up a governing body of law (eg Courts)

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rich23

Well. LOL, when are there only 7 commandments? I have read that the 10 were already shortened, somehwere, on our beloved ATS!

Are Jews following some sort of abridged formula based on this article? Cilff notes of some sort, to suit an agenda?

Bull hockey on this one!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Okay, thanks. I was wondering about the 7.

Still, it seems they are cutting and pasting, to make an agenda!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It's definately very provocative. When you publish something saying that it's ok to kill gentiles, gentiles are no doubt going to take offense.
I believe his rationale is that IF a gentile nation were to rise up against the Jews, the Jews are required to slaughter that nation, wholesale. Counter-genocide, if you will.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
people call me crazy when i tell them god talked to me, but they believe me when i tell them i talked with god today

lets hope the Israeli ain't stupid enough to start a nuclear war because their country is small and only takes one nuke to completely destroy everything.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
And only yesterday the newspapers were full of Peres' remark that the English were anti-semitic.

More Jewish hypocrisy.

Shouldn't this man now be considered a potential terrorist - or at the very least be charged witn inciting violence? But of course he won't be, because if a foreign country were to put his name on the potential terrorist list, that would be anti-semitic.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
It's definately very provocative. When you publish something saying that it's ok to kill gentiles, gentiles are no doubt going to take offense.
I believe his rationale is that IF a gentile nation were to rise up against the Jews, the Jews are required to slaughter that nation, wholesale. Counter-genocide, if you will.

Mmmm... the quote seems pretty unambiguous to me: break one of the seven commandments (see above, and thanks for the list, dashen) and it's perfectly ok for a good Jew to kill you.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
People are using this article as an excuse to bash Israel or Jews. These people should read the article because the article makes it clear that a significant portion of Israeli society and Jews disapprove of the rabbi's remarks.

For starters, the Israeli police arrested the rabbi for inciting violence. This indicates that at least some people who matter in Israel do not approve of this guy. Furthermore, the article comes from a major Israeli publication. This further shows that at least some people in Israel do not approve of the rabbi.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Those dang muslims!
They want to take over the world...
ooops

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

He was arrested for inciting violence by the Israeli authorities. It seems that the Israeli government has policies in place discouraging Jews from inciting violence against non-Jews. The Arab world on the other hand seems to actively encourage people to incite violence against Jews.

top topics

join