It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Women Conditioned To Be Weak By Society?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

I suspect your confusion is because it's slang, not something meant to be taken literally. All it means is that a particular woman is braver than most men the person saying the phrase knows, or in this case the poster was saying more than half of all women are braver than most men.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If women would decide to create a world order or a mason type of sisterhood they would clearly dominate the man an i mean "all the way".

They are not weak or fragile or cute li'lle thingny, they are equal to men and to me, they surpass many men. They have instinct, intuition and give life, and cope with pain... they will never cease to amaze me.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I find people in general are conditioned by society to be weak and/or subservient. You can observe this throughout your life when really paying attention. People pander and play to these conditioned components, extremes and stereotypes pitted against each other. Then people put their focus on their "differences", enabling dis-empowerment of the individual, and then rippled out into society.

Embrace the similarities and enjoy them, celebrate them. Both sexes are equally strong and honorable!

Be In Peace

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

I suspect your confusion is because it's slang, not something meant to be taken literally. All it means is that a particular woman is braver than most men the person saying the phrase knows, or in this case the poster was saying more than half of all women are braver than most men.

So its a form of slang to diss on the stupidity of men. k that makes sense. Thx.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I have no clue how you got that from what I said.
Or are you just trying to be offended?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
Can you point out where in my previous posts that i mentioned wearing heels and skirts was to feel confident or sexy? I dont need to be wearing heels to feel either confident or sexy, im perfectly happy with myself.

You didn't need to mention it, love.
The motives for wearing such things are obvious.

You have fairly well shown your attitude of superiority love, and fairly shown true inferiority in doing so.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Men are 20 to 40 times stronger than a woman because of evolution.
But, because of evolution, women are 40 to 60 times smarter than men.

Our world is changing. Men stopped hunting buffalo and are starting to accept, albiet slowly, that women were secretly the alphas all along.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
3. Judicial Courts of Justice: Need alot more female lawyers in Family Law. Women (and children) still don't get a fair deal across the board. Domestic Violence is still not taken as seriously as it should.

Oh please, it's expected that whenever a married couple with kids divorces, the woman gets to raise the kids, and the man gets to pay her child support and maybe also alimony. And if she gets welfare, he gets billed for that too.

Family Law chews men up and spits them out. It's horribly unfair to men.

9. Women in our military forces are still targets by their male counterparts

Funny use of the word "target." Men can get assigned to the front lines where they will be targets of the enemy. Women are guaranteed they will not be assigned to the front line jobs. They are far more protected.

Now if that makes the men resentful and feeling the women aren't pulling their weight ... well they aren't! They aren't taking the real risk of being in the military in a war, the significant risk of being killed by the enemy.

Whether they are weak or not, they are getting a lot of protection.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Thinking about this thread today, something my late husband once said after I asked him how I looked really hit home. He said (generally) "You can wear shorts and play basketball with me and the kids in the morning, switch to a business suit for an urgent client meeting, change into jeans to squeeze off a few rounds at the gun range and have your nails manicured at the salon enroute home, switch to a cute dress as we attend an afternoon wedding, change into a workout outfit for our daily workout, then don sexy lingerie for a private evening alone. How you dress doesn't matter, I LOVE YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE, NOT WHAT YOU WEAR."

While the original focus of this thread was clothing as a symbol of subjugation, maybe, just maybe, the ability of women to wear what we choose to suit our moods, desires, social agendas and professional image is really just another symbol of our versatility and strength.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I have no clue how you got that from what I said.
Or are you just trying to be offended?

No I was being serious I don't really care if someone disses my gender just as long as they say it clearly. I am not offended, that post didn't make sense that is all. It was weird. I don't think most males care what happens to the male species in general, # happens time moves on big deal what else is new, its the constant whining we can't stand.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
woman are weaker- period. and that's why- menstruation. it binds them to the physical reality in a way men can never be. not to say that the physical reality isn't important but I think most people would agree that the spiritual reality is deeper, tougher, and why we exist in the first place...the physical world is like a karmic prison and no one understands cycles like a woman.......
but seriously- women gained 'power' in the 60's and the world was beautiful. then, women reigned in their love in the 70's and men were sensitive and loving- making up for the lack of it on the part of women. the 80's rolled around and men tried to regain power through mmasculine greed but women were already there. so again in the 90's we had the sensitive males making up for the lack of femininity in the world.
women control society much more than thet learn from it. especially since, somehow, a huge number of women (and men too) grow up thinking the universe was created for THEIR feelings us men are forced into that absurd reality. if anything society has made men weak and afraid. in this pagan, luciferian society women hold a lot of sway- they are the easiest method to turn men into devils. withholding love I'd the greatest sin there is.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
4. Professional sportswomen still don't get equal prize money v her male counterparts.

There is absolutely no way that sportswomen should get paid the same as sportsmen.
They offer a dire, 3rd-rate version of the male version of any sport.

This is what irks people about supposed gender equality.
Many women want full gender equality, yet also want to treated differently or get special dispensation because they are women.
That's not equality. That's favouritism.

An amateur male club player or team is superior to the top professional woman or team in just about every sport.

I'm all for women receiving equal prize-money if they earn it by competing in the men's competition.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
I know a few 'artistic' men who wear eyeliner, mascara and nailpolish if that counts? and no they are not gay. They must be less 'weak' than the other artistic men who may wish to express their creative sides this way but do not, as society frowns upon it, or maybe they think it would eliminate their chances of finding a woman? so they repress their naturally creative tendencies.

But here's the thing:
If you are claiming that people experiment with make-up for their own benefit, then the only way you can benefit from that is by looking in the mirror.
There's no reason to wear make-up in public, unless you want someone else to see it.

So I think it's you that is probably ignoring the plain and simple truth on this matter...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

The problem here is that you're taking your own attitude towards clothing and assuming that most men have the same attitude about it. Then you take your perception of womens clothing and makeup and assume that women only wear those things for the reasons that make sense to you.

My views and opinions are based on my own personal experiences, observations and perceptions. I've never claimed otherwise.

I've also stressed that I am referring to things ''on average'', and I am not viewing things in black-and-white, nor am I suggesting there aren't exceptions to the rule.

Men and women can both behave in a shallow manner. That doesn't mean most do. Men and women can both be weak, no one gender has a monopoly on that. Both do things to attract the opposite sex. Both have their celebrity idols, regardless of what you want to call it.

Men and women can both be shallow, that's true. But women are so geared on pleasing, attracting, and seeking attention from the opposite sex that it takes up an inordinate amount of their time and, in many cases, defines who they are.

Both men and women have celebrities that they might look to as role-models, but what I've been commenting on is how so many more women are interested in reading inconsequential nonsense about anybody a magazine decides to class as a ''celebrity''.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohsnaptruth
Men are 20 to 40 times stronger than a woman because of evolution.
But, because of evolution, women are 40 to 60 times smarter than men.

Sorry to put it bluntly, but the only reason women are still around is because of their unique and necessary ability to give birth.

If men called also give birth, then natural selection would have made women extinct. And we'd all be gay.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
EDIT: Double Post.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~
While the original focus of this thread was clothing as a symbol of subjugation, maybe, just maybe, the ability of women to wear what we choose to suit our moods, desires, social agendas and professional image is really just another symbol of our versatility and strength.

Sorry, but that's not really an example of feminine versatility, because there's nothing to stop men from wearing any clothes they like. They just wisely choose not to.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
EDIT: Double Post.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
Gal. 5:22-23

if you were to classify these traits, would you consider them feminine, or masculine???
I'd say they were more on the feminine side really....
and that women are by nature, more spititually tuned (if you can find a church that has prayer meetings, got to one, and well take a not which gender is represented the greatest). and spiritually stronger.

when you say that "withholding love"....do you mean actual love, or do you mean sexual passion???

[edit on 4-8-2010 by dawnstar]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
I've also stressed that I am referring to things ''on average''

Yes, while also saying there are only three reasons women wear skirts and heels and that women only wear makeup for others to look at.

Men and women can both be shallow, that's true. But women are so geared on pleasing, attracting, and seeking attention from the opposite sex that it takes up an inordinate amount of their time and, in many cases, defines who they are.

According to whom? You? I know more women who couldn't possibly care less about seeking attention from or attracting the opposite sex than those who do care about doing so. In my experience, most women wear what they want because they like it not because men do. Thus the problem with generalizing. Any time you take personal experience and try to apply it to an entire group you run the risk of being wrong. I know enough women who aren't as shallow as you'd like to claim most women are to find it hard to believe they're the exception to your rule.

Both men and women have celebrities that they might look to as role-models, but what I've been commenting on is how so many more women are interested in reading inconsequential nonsense about anybody a magazine decides to class as a ''celebrity''.

When you get right down to it, the best NASCAR driver, greatest basketball player, toughest football player (American football), or best 'insert sport here' player is all inconsequential nonsense. Being obsessed enough with a certain sport or player to the point where you just have to watch every game, start collecting memorabilia, and spend a large chunk of your free time reading/talking about a player or sport is just as silly as a woman spending all her time reading celebrity gossip.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join