It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Women Conditioned To Be Weak By Society?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

oh Edrick, Edrick, Edrick...we are only going 'round in circles.
You're wearing me out here, i don't have the energy to go through your post and quote all the places I disagree with you again. At least we're on the same boat for some things. I'll have to take what I can get with you and have no problem living with that. You're full of some of the queerest and random things I've ever heard... no I've never seen a bicycle trying to make babies with a fish, suffice to say one would probably have to ride the other
It's been fun, though I must say I'm disappointed you've continued to take some of my words and ideas out of context. Oh well, all water under the bridge now~

Out of curiosity, forgetting everything we've discussed, I wonder what your response to this question would be...say ONE shark is smarter than ALL dolphins, and ALL dolphins are smarter than EVERY OTHER shark, which species would you say is the smarter one? This has nothing to do with the discussion and is probably off topic. I only ask because it's a thought that just occurred to me and I'm not sure how I'd answer it myself.

EDIT: Holding all things equal, what if we increase the number of smarter sharks to 10, 20, 30 etc but in all instances the smarter dolphins outnumber sharks...hmmm...

Any thoughts?

Cheers

[edit on 11/8/2010 by noeyesnoearsnofacenofears]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

ONE shark is smarter than ALL dolphins, and ALL dolphins are smarter than EVERY OTHER shark, which species would you say is the smarter one

Said smartest shark should have absolute power over all other sharks and all dolphins therefore obliterating any differences previously held between the two species and having the most worthy triumph.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

okay, thanks for your response.

i edited my post but i don't think that will change your position~

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by noeyesnoearsnofacenofears

Yeah I'm confused now.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

say ONE shark is smarter than ALL dolphins, and ALL dolphins are smarter than EVERY OTHER shark, which species would you say is the smarter one?

Group D:
1. 120
2. 110
3. 99
4. 106
5. 110
6. 111
7. 100
8. 92
9. 139
10. 128

Group S:
1. 88
2. 72
3. 98
4. 69
5. 78
6. 84
7. 89
8. 92
9. 68
10. 150

Group D Total: 1005
Group D Average: 100.5

Group S Total: 888
Group S Average: 88.8

Dolphins Win.

Edit:

EDIT: Holding all things equal, what if we increase the number of smarter sharks to 10, 20, 30 etc but in all instances the smarter dolphins outnumber sharks...hmmm...

Honestly, It depends upon the Ratio.

If 1 in ten sharks were the "Smart" sharks...

1 in 5?

1 in 2?

@AProphet1233

Said smartest shark should have absolute power over all other sharks and all dolphins therefore obliterating any differences previously held between the two species and having the most worthy triumph.

Honestly, the Extent of "Success" of knowledge or intelligence, is usually up to Group Effort.

So, if you have 1 SMART shark, that can make a sword, or a harpoon gun, or something....

Can the Other sharks understand the concept of a tube that shoots a tooth at an enemy?

How to fire it?

etc...

Whereas... the Dolphins are just coordinated in their movements.

-Edrick

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Edrick]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick

Honestly, It depends upon the Ratio.

hehehehe okay i know i said i was done posting here but i couldn't resist pointing one more thing out...I'll let you in on a little secret about your graph...the ratio is 2/3 to women and 1/3 to men REGARDLESS OF HOWEVER YOU CUT IT provided you use the entire graph as representation.

I promise you!!! Give it a go! The only reason I chose the points I did is because those are the points where the male and female lines converge, so it only seemed natural. Cut it 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 1000 times wherever you want to, when you add everything up, if you take the whole graph into consideration, it will remain 2/3 to women and 1/3 to men.

Still, I don't think this is a conclusive way to determine which sex is more intelligent!

About the sharks and dolphins, there is something you are completely missing, and based on the evidence I've seen thus far I don't suspect you'll see it unless I point it out to you!

Hehehe, this is quite fun.

Cheers

EDIT: Nevermind...the graph doesn't show us anything juicy after all...can't prove anything significant with it either way. Meh.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Still, I don't think this is a conclusive way to determine which sex is more intelligent!

You are quite Correct.

Because Mathematically... the two Genders have the Same Mean Average.

The correct way to elucidate this point is to state: "Men are Capable of Higher Levels of Intelligence in greater numbers than Women"

This has to do with Genetics, and Mutations.

About the sharks and dolphins, there is something you are completely missing, and based on the evidence I've seen thus far I don't suspect you'll see it unless I point it out to you!

Hehehe, this is quite fun.

Yes... It is Fun!

Do Tell!

-Edrick

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Edrick]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

You are quite Correct.

Because Mathematically... the two Genders have the Same Mean Average.

The correct way to elucidate this point is to state: "Men are Capable of Higher Levels of Intelligence in greater numbers than Women"

This has to do with Genetics, and Mutations.

-Edrick

Yep, after re-thinking things you're right about that. It also means "Men are Capable of Higher Levels of Dumbness in greater numbers than Women." Stalemate. Pooey. That graph is rubbish, doesn't really say anything, why did you post it at all?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Yep, after re-thinking things you're right about that. It also means "Men are Capable of Higher Levels of Dumbness in greater numbers than Women." Stalemate. Pooey. That graph is rubbish, doesn't really say anything, why did you post it at all?

Yes it Does.

It means that there are *MORE INTELLIGENT MEN THAN THERE ARE INTELLIGENT WOMEN*

That is what it says.

IT ALSO says that there are *MORE* DUMB *MEN* than there are DUMB Women.

That is what that graph says.

Engineering.

Science.

Logistics.

Large Scale Computer Network Architecture.

Mass Produced Internal Combustion Engine Personal Conveyance Devices.

Several Billion Barrel Per Year Oil Refining (Read; Giant Pressure Cooker) system that keeps these Cars Running.

Fleets of Giant Boats... to haul the Fuel to where it's refined, and where it's used.

Understanding how all of this works, enough for it all to Run Smoothly....

Adding more efficient systems of production, logistics, resource management.

Calculating the amount of Chemical Propellant that you would need to accelerate a 1 ton Radio Communications Beacon *INTO THE SKY*

This Takes Copious amounts of Cerebral Fortitude.

As well as the TIME necessary to Absorb and Understand all of this knowledge.

Complicated Industrial Society Requires Lots of Smart, Dedicated People...... To keep from Falling Apart.

Ya Know?

-Edrick

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

*yawn*

It doesn't say women can't do any of those things either.

Too bad all the dumb men show these qualities are far and few between.

On a side note, one would hope men are able to do all those things given their historical advantages in procuring the necessary education.

I'm curious though, mind giving me a link where I can learn more about who came up with that graph and how they did it?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

*yawn*

It doesn't say women can't do any of those things either.

Yeah... it just Says that Men are Better At It.

Too bad all the dumb men show these qualities are far and few between.

This makes no sense.... are you saying that you want there to be... MORE dumb men?

On a side note, one would hope men are able to do all those things given their historical advantages in procuring the necessary education.

You mean Creating Education in the First Place.

And Mathematics.

And Engineering.

This knowledge didn't just Fall out of the Sky.

I'm curious though, mind giving me a link where I can learn more about who came up with that graph and how they did it?

Sure...

www.lagriffedulion.f2s.com...

blogs.warwick.ac.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

-Edrick

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I remember taking math in HS. I was good in math and stayed in the most advanced math class.

Every year the percentage of girls became smaller. In senior year there were six kids in our class, five boys and one girl. It seemed that everyone was doing fine, but then the girl dropped back to a slightly slower class (it was a surprise to me when I came to class one day and she wasn't there any more), and the five of us boys finished the year successfully.

Ask any woman who's good in math. They know how rare they are.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Thanks for the links, will make for some interesting reading~

Look, trough out the years men have been geared towards doing those tasks more so than women. Of course there will be fewer women in the fields you describe -- women are relatively new to them! To say men have had a head start would be a gross understatement. The fact that your graph shows there are more men doing the "complicated stuff" says more about the nature of society's structure than it does about the intellectual potential of either sex. Because men have been geared towards "crunching numbers" and making "big bad toys" does not mean that men lack the intellectual potential to do anything a woman can. The same can be said in reverse about women. If this were not the case, the average mean between the sexes in the holy graph would not be the same.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by oniongrass

hey oniongrass, there's no denying that cases like this take place. There can be any number of reasons the girls did not reach their potential doing maths which may or may not have anything to do with their intellect i.e stressful life, loss of focus, greater interest in doing other things instead of math to mention a few. At any rate your example is not a fair representation of the entire populace, and maths is not the only measure of intellect in the world.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Reply to post by Jenna

well sweetheart- there have been many buddhas with many eccentricities.....siddhartha is an old stereotype. spirituality isn't disney.

how am I spiritual? selflessness. I didn't know there was another way. I have done over 40000 hours of volunteer work in my short life so far.

now will you answer my only question to you: is your last name 'bush' by chance?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

I agree with you, man.

I've never understood this idea that men are more obsessed with sex than women.

In my opinion, men and women have pretty similar sex drives, it's just that they manifest themselves differently.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

It means that there are *MORE INTELLIGENT MEN THAN THERE ARE INTELLIGENT WOMEN*

Sadly, you'll never get an acknowledgement from the illogical feminists as to the real reasons why women, on average, will never earn as much as men.

Men will hold superior, well-paid positions due to having higher instances of greater intelligence.

Men will also earn more, due to having a greater variety of job options due to their superior physical strength.

If feminists were truly interested in equality, then they would understand that men will earn more and hold higher positions.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by noeyesnoearsnofacenofears
There can be any number of reasons the girls did not reach their potential doing maths which may or may not have anything to do with their intellect i.e stressful life, loss of focus, greater interest in doing other things instead of math to mention a few.

Excuses, excuses.

A stressful life, loss of focus and having interest in doing other things is hardly just the preserve of females, is it ?

Women, on average, aren't as good at more advanced mathematics as men are.
Larry Summers was correct in what he said. It's a shame there was the inevitable outcry from the truth-obfuscating thought police.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

You might be a Buddhist, but you're no Buddha. Community service doesn't make a person spiritual. And no, my last name isn't Bush.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Look, trough out the years men have been geared towards doing those tasks more so than women. Of course there will be fewer women in the fields you describe -- women are relatively new to them!

Look.

The Highest Paid Jobs in the WORLD are those that you have to have an ABOVE AVERAGE INTELLIGENCE FOR.

As you increase the Intelligence requirement, the overall ratio of available men to women increases.

Fewer and fewer women.

More and more men....

Making more money, because they have Skills (Intellect, problem solving capacity) that are Marketable, Useful, and Valuable.

Due to the laws of supply and Demand, men will EARN MORE MONEY than women.

This is Due to Genetics....

Let me see if I can put this into terms that you will understand.

Women have XX

Men have XY

The Women's XX chromosomes act as "Stabilization" for random mutations.

This is why women have a backup copy OF the X chromosome.

So that if parts of one is damaged, it can swap with the other.

Men do not have 2 X chromosomes.

We have One X, and One Y

That means, that we have a 50% better chance of having random mutations show up on the X chromosome (from our mother)

AND we have the Chance of Mutation from the Y chromosome.

The X chromosome, is not "Transferable" with the Y chromosome... The Y holds backup copies of itself.

The X chromosome cannot act as a backup for the Y chromosome.

This means... is that the Average rate of Genetic Mutation for MEN, is Higher Overall, than Women.

This means.....

Well, I already showed you the graph.

Men have more VARIANCE.

Because of:

en.wikipedia.org...

Its a Radiation Thing.

-Edrick

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join