It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Women Conditioned To Be Weak By Society?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by misuneko

That's not it. I am quite aware of the war your sisters have launched upon the world to bring forth their feminine paradise. I am also aware that you and your sisters have been successful in the past. I don't agree that your dream will come true, however.

I have yet to see the Sun Rise in the West and it doesn't appear that such an event will happen anytime soon.

What I do see, though, is the very same feminine energy sacrificing their children to their perverse doctrine; indicating that things are not evolving as planned.

But what I do know is that being weak sometimes brings a strategic advantage, but if you think balance means that feminine will overcome the masculine I am not so sure that the world you could create would be much better than the one that currently exists...also a product of irrational feminine rage.

You think there is a war going on with my sisters? Your missing the point. We are all one! male and females on this planet are all ONE.
And what feminine energies are sacrificing their children to perverse doctine? please elaborate.

Seems like paranoia!

If you don't know what I am talking about then you are possibly being used by people that play a bigger game than you...I call them the Sisters.

Of course it's paranoia...that's what many people like to call insight when they cannot dislodge a target from their strongly held beliefs.

Nevertheless...the turmoil that the world is experiencing has the condition and social status of women and femininity as a part of the foundation.

The esteem of the woman and respect for her role in society is a part of the core of conflict, whether its a minor disagreement, like ours, or the global war on terror.

For example...those turban wearing suicide bombers we are seeing everywhere...they are the offspring of a woman, a single woman, who feels her depressed position in the world is a direct result of male oppression. She sends her children, sons mostly, to enforce her world view...a major component of her argument is to teach the man to embrace his feminine side.

Her goals in life are a lot like your own...apparently you didn't realize this...if you did you'd know what I meant by the Sun Rising in the West...that's the culmination of her fight.

So...when you suggest that some major changes are emerging...I read something totally different into the statement...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by vaevictis

Aggression, i do not place within Masculine or feminine energies, I think aggression is a reaction to a situation either sides can adopt that emotion.

Ying and yang are complementary opposites within a greater whole.

Without the masculine, there is no activating principle to ignite life to begin. When we lose touch with our masculine, we lose our Desire; we forget what Desire is.

Without the feminine, there is no creation to be ignited and no form to manifest. When we lose touch with the feminine, we lose our Source; we forget where we come from.

I am not attacking, I am just stating that the feminine energies go hand in hand with the masculine and each should be judged as equal considering the aspects that they both present. To undermine one, is to undermine them both.

At present i believe that the planet is not working through its heart centre, much related to the lack of feminine aspects and some of masculine aspects. I believe a slight shifts towards the feminine will allow humanity to balance itself allowing a everso slight pause to harmonise. I think that would be a good thing.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

So basically even when I do a direct quote of your own words, you tell me I'm misquoting and insist that's not what you meant. And there's something wrong with my logic and understanding? You posted the things I quoted, not me. Perhaps you should consider posting exactly what you mean to say so that you don't later have to attempt to explain it away as someone misunderstanding you. Either that or starting owning up to what you post. Your choice.

As for the rest of your post, it's gotten to the point where we're just repeating ourselves over and over and frankly it's a bit dull. I suggest we agree to disagree and leave it at that.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bruxfinn

You are seeing the external not the connection between the higher self and the connection with the feminine and masculine energies.

Also your description of passing the blame onto women is exactly what is wrong with our society today, a society that doesn't take responsibility for their own action, seeks to throw the blame to someone else for their actions.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Reply to post by Jenna

why don't you two just get a room already?

2nd line isn't as funny.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

You are seeing the external not the connection between the higher self and the connection with the feminine and masculine energies.

Also your description of passing the blame onto women is exactly what is wrong with our society today, a society that doesn't take responsibility for their own action, seeks to throw the blame to someone else for their actions.

Of course...it must be me that is not making the proper connections.

Well...then...it seems that you have answered the question to the thread and confirmed what I have been saying all along.

Women are not conditioned to be weak by society. They are taught and encouraged to stand firm upon their beliefs and go toe to toe with anyone, anywhere and concerning any topic.

Just as you are doing right now.

As a matter of fact...I give up.

You win. That's strength.

I suppose you'll want to reply again and kick me while I am down.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
So basically even when I do a direct quote of your own words, you tell me I'm misquoting and insist that's not what you meant.

No, you are quoting me, and then attempting to alter and twist the meaning of my original quote into the point you wanted me to be making.

It's not ''misquoting'', but ''misrepresenting'' ( whether wilfully or not ).

For example, you posted:
''Ahh, but see then they are just trying to be like men and are only doing things that men find commonplace.''

When what I actually said was:
''But a woman's ''success'' is quite often defined as emulating a male role in any given situation.''

A completely different point to the one that you were desperately trying to attribute to me.

Perhaps you should consider posting exactly what you mean to say so that you don't later have to attempt to explain it away as someone misunderstanding you.

LOL.
I did post exactly what I meant. What I mean is clear, if only you'd actually read what I'm saying, rather than what you wanted to be saying.

You're just blustering because you've got the wrong end of the stick on more than one occasion.

Let's not forget, it only appears to be you that can't grasp what I'm saying in my posts.

As for the rest of your post, it's gotten to the point where we're just repeating ourselves over and over and frankly it's a bit dull. I suggest we agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Is that the white flag being raised ?

Ah, the glorious sign of - dare I say it - ''submission'' from my vanquished foe.

Well done, Jen, you were doing all right at the start of the thread, until you ''lost the plot'' over the last 3 or 4 pages.

Better luck next time.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Its not about winning! its about understanding each other and creating a balance.

Doesn't matter who starts things, who finishes things, as we are forever in a cycle. its about how to harmonise all aspects of life and to keep it going in harmony for as long as possible before the scales tilt again.

As for kicking you when your down, why not hold my hand and i will pull you up and we can walk side by side putting our differences aside and understanding that the most important thing in life is to love.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by IandEye
why don't you two just get a room already?

She'd never get that lucky.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Its not about winning! its about understanding each other and creating a balance.

Doesn't matter who starts things, who finishes things, as we are forever in a cycle. its about how to harmonise all aspects of life and to keep it going in harmony for as long as possible before the scales tilt again.

As for kicking you when your down, why not hold my hand and i will pull you up and we can walk side by side putting our differences aside and understanding that the most important thing in life is to love.

You are assuming that I haven't figured this out... It's like you are absolutely convinced of one thing...that I need help. Why is that?

You are illustrating to me that women are not being conditioned to be weak by society. But also they may be taught to yield from time to time for the good of the whole.

It appears also then that men are taught to do the same things. As I am yielding to you now.

But I still think this type of topic is intended to be devisive when no division exists. There are limits to the usefulness of these types of discussions. When is that limit reached?

Do you know when enough is enough? Do you know when its been too much?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

Aren't you the funny one today.

Whatever you say dear. Continue insisting you didn't say what was right there in black and white if you must, it matters not to me. And not a white flag, just an understanding that the discussion is going nowhere and it's pointless to continue. So rather than waste more of our time, it's quicker and easier to just agree to disagree.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Jenna]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Whatever you say dear. Continue insisting you didn't say what was right there in black and white if you must, it matters not to me. And not a white flag, just an understanding that the discussion is going nowhere and it's pointless to continue. So rather than waste more of our time, it's quicker and easier to just agree to disagree.

I'm not denying what I said, as it's as clear as day, if you actually read them.
I'm only correcting your ( knowingly or not ) misinterpretation of the said words.

As you say, hoisting the white flag was the correct thing for you to do.

I wasn't expecting a woman to openly admit she was wrong !
But I think the ''agree to disagree'' line is close enough to an admittance of your defeat.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Like I have been saying ying and yang, human beings are both aspects of the same two elements being masculinity and femininity. I never said that I am assuming you have or haven't figured anything out, or have I convinced you that I am trying to help you in any way. I believe people find their own way in life. Do you think you need help?

Yes there maybe limits to the usefulness of these types of discussions, depending on who is reading, and who finds it useful up to what point of the discussion. We both have the ability to end this conversation at any point.

Knowing enough is enough is dependable on what a person still has to say, and how long they intend to spend on this subject matter. Personally I am on a night shift so my time at present that I can give to this thread is about another 9 hours. :p

To wrap it all up I believe that women are not weak, and nor are men. Therefore we should not be in conflict with each other but show unity with our differences and work together for a better future and recognise our positive similaries.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Gotta remember that there's a flip side to every situation. Men are also victims of conditioning in that they must do certain things to fulfil their role. Granted, in a patriarchy men tend to benefit from the roles they are playing but there are many men who don't fit into the prescribed roles and suffer as a result. I don't mean to diminish the subjugation of women that is still ongoing but it's not as cut and dry as men benefit and women suffer.

For every woman who is tired of acting weak when she knows she is strong, there is a man who is tired of appearing strong when he feels vulnerable.

For every woman who is tired of acting dumb, there is a man who is burdened with the constant expectation of "knowing everything."

For every woman who is tired of being called "an emotional female," there is a man who is denied the right to weep and to be gentle.

For every woman who is called unfeminine when she competes, there is a man for whom competition is the only way to prove his masculinity.

Read more here.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

...honestly...what's the real issue here? can't get laid? women called you ugly???
can't for the life of me figure out why you are so desperate to be right on this issue

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

There's the part you prefer of the definition. Here's the rest that can apply to people:

2 a : mentally or intellectually deficient

So, then you mean to say that women are not mentally weaker than men?

b : not firmly decided : vacillating

You mean to say that women are not more hesitant than men?

c : resulting from or indicating lack of judgment or discernment

You mean to say that women do not posses less discernment than men?

d : not able to withstand temptation or persuasion

You mean to say that women are not less able to resist temptation?

Tell me... Since you said that women were not weaker than men, and I summarily proved that you were wrong.

Tell me what YOU mean when you say that women are not "Weaker" than men...

Because according to Science, and the definition of the words we use to communicate.. Women ARE weaker than men.

So... when you say that women are "Equal" to men, or "Not Weaker"... what *EXACTLY* do you mean by that....?

And please.. no more hollow words, I want you to stand up for yourself and what you believe in, and explain, in PLAIN ENGLISH what you mean by that.

-Edrick

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Edrick]

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Edrick]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

To answer all of your questions, no. Women are not weaker than men in any of those areas. A single woman can be, but women in general are not. Nor are men weaker than women in those areas. A single man can be, but men in general are not. The only area where I believe, and can prove, that men are stronger than women is strictly in terms of physical strength. That's just biology.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by vaevictis

Children, boys and girls are brought up to be either weak or strong by their parents. My sister in laws oldest daughter was her first child and very spoiled having everything done for her rather than letting her learn and discover for herself. Leaving a child to learn and discover things for themselves leads to accomplishment, personal pride and bravery.
Her second child also a daughter was left on her own and allowed to fend for herself because she quickly had a son and another infant daughter, so my sister-in-law simply did not have the spare time to "baby" her.

Now the oldest daughter, 15 years old will call the 6 year old to help her fix the television, her computer, and generally help her do things she cannot figure out for herself.

The girls mother says she made a mistake with her first born but the rest of the children will learn self empowerment and sufficiency by not being "over nurtured" or nurtured to a fault.

And for your reading pleasure...10 things women do better than men:
socyberty.com...

And www.dightonrock.com...

Biologically, there is a clear superiority of women over men: • Women live longer by at least seven years! In the animal kingdom, the female also lives longer than the male. • Women are more resistant to infectious agents and even cancer! • Women work longer hours during their lifetime than men. Women have less leisure time. • The infant mortality rate is less for girls than boys. • In industrialized countries the greater longevity of women is an undisputed fact. • Women are known to take better care of themselves, both physically and mentally. • At any age, men are three times more likely to die of accidents, violence and cardiovascular diseases. • Malignant cancer related to smoking and alcoholism occur more frequently in men. • Women resist extreme cold longer than men, because they have a deeper insulating layer of fat under their skin. • Hemophilia, the hereditary disease which prevents blood from clotting, affects males primarily. • Men are more subject to color blindness, stuttering and learning disabilities. • Women have better manual dexterity enabling them to do work requiring finer movements. • Women are wealthier than men. The U.S. Treasury Department informs us that women die richer by outliving spouses and inheriting everything. • Girls mature, on the average, three years earlier than boys.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

whoa.pot smoking jesus playing the guitar to impress girls? let me just say- you're an idiot. yes all those people will be forgotten- that's what selfless is you fool. i said that having kids is an extension of the ego and that it is the closest we can come to immortality. i didn't say it was a good thing. do you think it takes strength to let go of cherished ideals or is that weakness? this 'conversation' is over

Well really the let me tell you something selfless does not exist, quit trying to bull# me I have seen what selflessness can approximatively be like in this world and it ain't pretty it's a disease, and no being forgotten is not selfless its inevitable no matter what you do, having kids and ego are just things one must do to not look at what is, in the end you and everybody else mean nothing, that is the essence of selflessness "nothing". You want to be like the Buddha sit in lotus position till you become like a rock and see nothing. To some it takes no strength to let go of cherished ideals because they see in to the heart of nothingness, but they will still fell it. Strength is something fools talk about who have never fought anything that is not a silly game. Against some things it's not about winning, against some things there is no winning or even surviving...only how long you will last till you die. Go play another game that you can win. Selflessness does not exist.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Reply to post by galadofwarthethird

the self does not exist........should we get a room too?

and jenna- what's your last name? its not anatomical or botanical, is it?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join