It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Washington Post: WikiLeaks must be stopped

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crimelab
The White House and the media declare, "Nothing to see here!" and they move on to demonizing the leaker of material which is of supposedly no consequence.

Lol, I am glad I am not the only one to notice the irony of that.

Its so awful it may constitute terrorism, and Assange has "blood on his hands" and no end of wailing and gnashing of teeth is going on on the one hand. But at the exact same time, they are stressing over and over how there is nothing of consequence here. Pfft, everyone knew this, they tell us.

Orly? Then why all the whining and crying? Lol. Its pretty comical in one way, but scary in another. Because they are so out of their depth you know they are going to try and crack down.

Just get ready for it, and prepare all your low internet usage friends and family too, because wait for it, "we have to secure the internet! Terrorists!"

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm torn with this. I absolutely believe in defending free speech and have even put money where my mouth is for some causes.

There is a long history of newspapers releasing State secrets from the Pentagon papers to Watergate to more recent news.

The problem here is this is a web site, in direct competition with newspapers and other news agencies, who is based in another country and owned by non-Americans. Constitutional free speech only applies to Americans and freedom of press applies to American news organization.

I do think if anyone is killed from not redacting names, the military personnel involved should be hung for treason. Any accomplices of civilian nature should be charged with capitol murder.

Which now brings us to Wikileaks. I think they should be sued by the people whom they named. This could be done within the US court system and this may bankrupt them to closure.

It's a hard world and wikileaks has pissed off some big enemies. You can only tweak noses so long before you get an ass kicking.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It wasn't the Billy Bobs that started the American Revolution, Take 1.

It was the intellectual elite, the free thinkers.

I've actually thought today that part of this seems like an attack on intellectualism & the ideals that came out of The Enlightenment.

So...what else should be expected of the Neocons?
I just can't figure out if it is their stupidity doing it, or if it is just this absolutely fundamental ideology that is so at odds with really, what is in my opinion, America.

They really do seem to want a theocracy. I wish people would realize what that could be like if it were to happen.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
To further quantify, this goes to my theory about the two factions of TPTB. One helped him (CFR...Obama aligned) and the other is piss (neocon/Zionists...Bush/Cheney aligned). One wants the Afghanistan/Iraq/Iran/Syria/Israel stuff stopped. The other doesn't.

Whether or not the CIA was involved in helping get this out there? Probably. And the CIA is probably also involved in stopping it...because see, factions of the CIA align with factions of TPTB.

It'd be so cool if we had clearer scorecard, but you can get a pretty good idea by the media and people...who says what and how...as to who is with which faction. This includes the current administration. It's just harder to tell with the CIA...them being so clandestine and all.

It's very interesting to watch but a bit harder to quantify. Liz Cheney was another example of a person being "aligned" who is speaking out.

Along with the WaPo, Bloomberg and the WSJ have interesting slants on the articles re: WikiLeaks too. Other media lean the other way, more toward using the data to oppose the wars, to put it simply.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
So if anyone posts legitimate news, this is what happens?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the army/government itself supposed to keep things secret, and NOT the news? If it gets THAT far, it's THEIR fault, isn't it?

If they want things being kept a secret, they should do a better job of security, rather than assault the media when it gets out..

They get this guy eventually, and they'll get the Sheriff in AZ too. Anyone who stands up for America is a terrorist in the eyes of the Feds/democrats.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Benchwarmer]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join