It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Washington Post: WikiLeaks must be stopped

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I guess the propaganda machine is throttling up...

Let's be clear: WikiLeaks is not a news organization; it is a criminal enterprise. Its reason for existence is to obtain classified national security information and disseminate it as widely as possible -- including to the United States' enemies. These actions are likely a violation of the Espionage Act, and they arguably constitute material support for terrorism. The Web site must be shut down and prevented from releasing more documents -- and its leadership brought to justice. WikiLeaks' founder, Julian Assange, proudly claims to have exposed more classified information than all the rest of the world press combined. He recently told the New Yorker he understands that innocent people may be hurt by his disclosures ("collateral damage" he called them) and that WikiLeaks might get "blood on our hands."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source: www.washingtonpost.com...

Honestly, who didn't see that coming?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
So far the comments on that article are favoring Wikileaks, I guess americans do not like to get lied and have their military's mistake hidden in secrecy.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gagol

I couldn't say it any better than what the washington post described! espionage, criminal enterprise, but missing one word treason.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Am I the only one that has noticed that the article was written tomorrow, Aug. 3. 2010
While the responses are from today Aug. 2. 2010

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jubjub

I guess it's a trick from Time Travelers. I did not notice it myself.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gagol

I loved this comment by a user at Washington Post which perfectly sums up the author of the article

I think Marc Thiessen could make a fortune selling us the details on how he gets paid to troll the media like this.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This from the same paper that did an expose on the faulty nature of American Intelligence communities and the abusive funding practices for private contractors?

Sounds like they don't talk amongst themselves.

I don't support corporate/government secrecy especially when many of those secrets indicate that specialized interests are responsible for an ongoing war that many do not even want.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I think Marc Thiessen could make a fortune selling us the details on how he gets paid to troll the media like this.

The Washington Post is a propaganda outlet for the elite imperialists in our society. Never forget that.

That is why someone from AEI is allowed to put out this OpEd which is quite clearly attempting to get the public to go along with the elite's new scheme of dismantling the free flow of speech on the internet.

The elite have had a monopoly on the distribution of information to the masses for thousands of years because it use to cost a lot of money. Now with the internet distributing information to the masses of the world costs almost no money. This has opened the door to the masses communicating and informing each other.

The elite are unwilling to tolerate this as it seriously undermines their ability to propagandize the public.

We the people cannot allow our government to pass any of these cyber-terror bills or any other bills nor allow our government to act in shutting down web sites. Ultimately they are taking away each and every individual's right to communicate with one another. We cannot tolerate this.

Welcome to the class war that has been waged against the masses by the elite, for eons.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Bobbox1980]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
IMO

Wikileaks is doing this nation a great favor, while the American Politicians may be opposed to it seeing how it forces them to confront an issue with public facts they are now upset.

As for the Washington Post, seeing how it is a Neoconservative conglomerate for the Militarist Conservatives such as Dick Cheney, Rupert Murdoch and Bill Kristol, I don't believe anything the WP has to say.

Our Media is owned by our Corporations and so is our government. Our Corporations dictate to our media how to 'spin' and our government how to 'work'. The media then tells the public what to think which leads them on how to 'vote'. Our corporations own every part of our public life and even a major part of our private.

With courageous organizations such as Wikileaks acting as the true media we are getting the facts without corruption in between.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gagol

Interesting how these news outlets had no problem with this kind of thing when they hammered Nixon by releasing the Pentagon Papers in 1974.

I guess it depends on whether or not you are likely to win a Pulitzer if leaking this information is a good or bad thing.....

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
"Criminal Enterprise"? "Espionage"? "Treason"? How does the United States even prosecute a foreign national for treason? That article threw all sorts of bias into that piece, loaded with buzzwords like these the reader is convinced Assange must be a monster without ever considering what he may or may not have done.

The DoD mouthpieces are now ramping up their character assassination efforts on Wikileaks, and no doubt legislation will be forthcoming to curtail the internet as we know it.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I think the usage of those words are more relevant to the people who read them and as such will be influenced by them...an implicit way to discourage further support of the process that has begun...

I hope time will prove these media propaganda efforts to be Epic Fail...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
So if wikileaks is gone who will the whistleblowers turn to? Post? As if they'd have any change of blowing anything through them.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

Except you missed the target, the leaders are that and more. And the people have every right to keep them honest, open and transparent. They're oyster is busted, and the pearl isn't theirs, it belongs to us.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

How indeed? These are charges we need to lay upon their shoulders and the International Bankers, along with exhortion, usary and slavery.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I can think of something the Washington Post can blow...........................

I just think the whole thing is funny, personally. I think the PTB are a little confused right now. They dont get why their media machine isnt delivering them the results they are expecting.

They are so used to us just swallowing whatever they throw our way that they must really be wondering what they heck is going on right now. The alarm clock went off, PTB, thats what. People are waking up. Thank goodness.

We just need to keep holding their feet to the fire. And, enjoy the show. I am loving the MSM flip flopping all over the place like a fish out of water, personally. Its actually made TV fun to watch.

Edit to add,

The comments to the Op Ed are great. Truly inspiring to see how many mainstream people are not having it anymore.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think we should take a look at the author. In a way I am kinda glad the Washington Post is publishing many sides to stories. Here is some information about the author:

Thiessen has worked in Washington for many years, starting with five years at Black, Manafort, Stone and Kelly. He spent six years (1995–2001) on Capitol Hill as spokesman and senior policy advisor to Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Jesse Helms (R-NC).[3] He joined the Bush administration as Chief Speechwriter for Donald Rumsfeld in 2001, then moved to Bush's speechwriting team in 2004.[3] In February 2008, he became chief speechwriter when William McGurn resigned. [4]

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Notice also how this comes after few high profile leaks. Post or this author is just jealous that they didn't get the story. They don't want the competition.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Yep. The WaPo is a neocon rag. Not a shock.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I believe all this fire and brimstone is setting the stage for declaring Wikileaks a Terrorist Organization and thus making it illegal for any American citizen to support them.

It has been pathetic watching the story become the leaker instead of what was leaked. The White House and the media declare, "Nothing to see here!" and they move on to demonizing the leaker of material which is of supposedly no consequence.

The disgusting display of Army Generals accusing Wikileaks of having "blood on its hands" - while conveniently (or pathologically?) forgetting that none of the 1000's of innocent Afghans who have died over the last 9 years would be dead except for American actions - was way over the top, even in terms of American hypocrisy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join