It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Red Ufo above Italian skies!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

I didn't say mine was the only explanation. There are many good possibilities above. Take your choice. What is blatantly obvious is that a craft from a supposed superior entity would not fly around like a drunk, or flutter around with the least little breeze. It's a man made terrestrial object no matter which proposal above you choose to lean towards.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
No one wants the "real deal" more than me, but it gets so depressing looking at known objects that people swear and declare are UFOs. It almost makes one tired to open yet another "THIS IS IT" thread.

Yeah, it used to be that people didn't post so many obvious balloons or birds or little blinking lights in the sky. People used to have better judgment about this stuff. But that's all gone right out the window. People will just post any old junk these days.

It is a little depressing, and it makes it much harder to sift through the crap to find something worthwhile and interesting. Unfortunately, it doesn't do any good to yell at these people, because there are new ones all the time. And you'll get in trouble with the Mods.

Anyway, there are a lot of people watching or on this site who are right there with you.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Anyway, there are a lot of people watching or on this site who are right there with you.

Yep, judging by how the stars are being dished out you are right.

It just seems a little bit closed minded to me to write something off as a misidentification without offering any real proof as to why this is so.

It may be obvious that these are balloons, but nobody really knows that, so to look down your snoots at people who are open to the possibility that it could be something else is rude, in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Pretty sure that is a plane/jet of some kind, and not a bird. lol

bird?
funny.

that other object is interesting OP...
thanks, nice find...

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
In viewing just the UFO - it looks to me like a red balloon in the shape of a car, it has wheels. IMO

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
In viewing just the UFO - it looks to me like a red balloon in the shape of a car, it has wheels. IMO
Ya, crazy hey.
The tumbling UFO maneuver,.. yes ,.. I'd say that ET did a Text book move
So as to not be noticed as a real UFO..

your following me arn't you

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star
It just seems a little bit closed minded to me to write something off as a misidentification without offering any real proof as to why this is so.

Sure, there's going to be a degree of subjectivity with anything. But there's a difference between being open minded and thinking that every trash bag floating in the wind could be something more "important," especially when there's nothing to immediately indicate that it is.

Something as basic as something floating in the wind. Is it just floating, or does it dart back and forth, make right angled turns, come to a complete stop, reverse direction, or jump from spot to spot? Well, if it doesn't do those "alien-type" things, then wouldn't a reasonable person think that maybe it's just something relatively ordinary? I mean, come on. And this doesn't even take into account that photos and videos by themselves mean essentially nothing unless they're backed up by some other hard evidence.

But we seem to be inundated by people who jump to the Alien UFO explanation as a default, rather than considering all the mundane, ordinary things first. And of course they need to post it.

It really doesn't move anything forward in the field. It's just a waste of time that really makes me and a lot of other people just want to give up. If there were such a thing as disinformation workers out there, this would be just the sort of thing that would work brilliantly. Fifty UFO photos or videos of little points of light in the sky or Chinese lanterns or blurry birds. It's just all so tedious.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

In many respects, i echo your sentiments exactly. Perhaps im getting a bit disillusioned myself - the video or photographic proof that im always hoping for isnt making itself apparent.

I have even found myself starting to wonder if the whole subject isnt just fantasy. Luckily, i pulled myself back from the brink when those thoughts started entering my head.

It seems that every bit of evidence on ATS is debunked, and that can get a bit frustrating. Maybe this is the wrong thread to state this in, but i think it would be refreshing for somone to 'Debunk the Debunkers' a bit more often.

Instead, what happens is sombody comes up with a scientific or logical answer that would fit the evidence presented so that then becomes the accepted explanation.

Imagine how interesting it would be to have a Phage-type character on here who actually believed in UFO's! Somebody who could present a brilliant argument as to why what we are seeing really is a UFO!

[edit on Tue, 03 Aug 2010 11:31:43 -0500 by Silver Star]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Agreed Silver Star, I'm totally Agreed with you.

But many of this guys like the "Great Justin" (Jkrog R.I.P.)
or Zorgon, MikeSingh, Internos and of course other members are not more here on ATS and I dont know why.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star
Imagine how interesting it would be to have a Phage-type character on here who actually believed in UFO's! Somebody who could present a brilliant argument as to why what we are seeing really is a UFO!

Personally and logically, I think there are "real" UFOs -- things that fly around that are real and not hallucinations that are just downright weird and not normal -- but I have no idea what they might be. I don't even think "alien" is a good description.

That's because there are just too many good sightings and encounters described in great detail by people who are good observers and have no reason to lie. The odds of them all being hoaxes, misidentifications or delusions is just too high.

However, I think that once the wheat is separated from the chaff, the real UFO encounters and sightings are extremely rare. Maybe a half dozen a year, maybe fewer. So that leaves a huge number of them in the other categories.

Unfortunately for me, though, because I need more than just video or photographic proof, I think I might be waiting a long time for that telltale UFO sighting to answer some of the questions I have. And that's assuming there even is an answer. There may be some primary factor in all of this stuff that we as human beings are just not set up mentally to understand.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Agreed Silver Star, I'm totally Agreed with you.

But many of this guys like the "Great Justin" (Jkrog R.I.P.)
or Zorgon, MikeSingh, Internos and of course other members are not more here on ATS and I dont know why.

I never knew of the existence of these people.

Perhaps there are others like them on here, but they are probably averse to the flak they'd get off the army of debunkers.

[edit on Tue, 03 Aug 2010 12:00:40 -0500 by Silver Star]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
However, I think that once the wheat is separated from the chaff, the real UFO encounters and sightings are extremely rare. Maybe a half dozen a year, maybe fewer. So that leaves a huge number of them in the other categories.

I have found it amazing how much utter crap there is out there. I would never, in a million years, have thought that there would be so many hoaxers, fantasists e.t.c.

ATS has really opened my eyes to this.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It looks like a puddle jumper from Stargate Atlantis.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

INTERNOS!!!!

I evoke you....

INTERNOS!!!!....

I evoke you....

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
yea sure,baloons,swamp gasses,falling satelities why dont you guys eat some lasagna!
no baloon moves like that,being chased by planes.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ImShrike

That was funny with a capital F!

....looking up INTERNOS on the search engine...

Edit to add: What the hell happened to him?

[edit on Tue, 03 Aug 2010 14:55:38 -0500 by Silver Star]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I believe internos left ATS - which is a true shame; though i am not familiar at all with the details. Perhaps he has taken up residence in another newsgroup? Also; where are our aggresive skeptics? Are they on holiday?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing

It may be a balloon or some RCC or both? but the way it moves has got me stumped.

Could to be caught in some violent up draft but does not seem to climb.

If it was an RCC it looks out of control, and as for no background jet noise this has got me.

Could all faked up but who knows?

Regards BDU

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
and here we go again, balloon and bird...... next

thanks

rich

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join