It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Defamers Defame Muslims: Is the ADL Right or Being Hypocritical?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by muftanan

Absolutely!!!!!!! This "mosque" is not even at ground zero, it's two blocks away, it does not even border the site on any side. I used the quotes because as you said, it is more of a YMCA with a prayer room.

Yes, people would still angry if a mosque was build 2, 20, 2000 miles away from ground zero. We had one go up a few towns away from mine, and there were all sorts of protests and such and I live in the midwest.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
it is legal to build a Christian church in Mecca, Saudi Arabia?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
reply to post by SpectreDC

As I see it the muslims are victims in this too by extension. So when someone publicly stakes claim for this horrible tragedy regardless if it's true or not, they're on the naughty list by the families who lost their loved ones.

It's sad all the way around so why don't you use a little reasoning too?

So you respond to a post defending the construction of the mosque by saying the Muslim's are victims in this, which considering someone is defending them you would suppose someone believe they are being victimized.

You would think someone telling someone else to use reason would you know...use reason.

But then again, I can actually READ and use REASONING before responding to someone with a post that ultimately makes no sense since you''re ultimately responding with irrelevance.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
it is legal to build a Christian church in Mecca, Saudi Arabia?

Why is it that when people don't want something done, that should be done, they make comparisons to other countries and say "they don't do it so why should we do it to them?"

I mean, you would think amongst people who believe America is such a wonderful place that we place ourselves above others and act on a higher principle, thus not CARING what other countries do when determining what WE should do.

But who the # am I kidding, again I use my brain to decide on things.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I think there is another explanation.

“Cordoba,” in Islamic symbolic terms, means Islamic rule in the West. It does not mean “coexistence,” unless coexistence is interpreted as referring to Islamic rule. Pamela Geller at Atlas Shrugs cites the article (original in Arabic) published by Iraqi-American Khudhayr Taher on 18 May, in which Taher explains the following:

We must note that a hostile and provocative name [Cordoba] has been chosen for this mosque…Choosing the name ‘Cordoba House’ for the mosque to be constructed in New York was not coincidental or random and innocent. It bears within it significance and dreams of expansion and invasion [into the territory] of the other, [while] striving to change his religion and to subjugate him…

It used to not even be a stretch for reasonably well educated Westerners to recognize the place of Spain and Cordoba in the history of the West and Islam. Many of today’s younger adults, however, have learned nothing about the Mediterranean before 1492 except that the Muslim period in Spain was a flowering of science, art, and culture. There was a great deal to admire in the accomplishments of the Muslim Cordobans, but they did, in fact, invade and conquer Spain, sell its inhabitants into slavery, provide a base for slaver raids into other parts of Europe, and rule by the sword in much of the caliphate.

is this true?

lonestartimes.squawkboxnoise.com...

I will have to give myself a history lesson.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Saudi Arabia is an Islamic monarchy, while the US is a democracy.

I'm not saying it is right, I would love to see a Church in Saudi Arabia, however we have two systems at work here.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
So wait, the ADL is opposing the mosque being built or is all for it?

I'm a bit confused.

IF they are opposed, then they are being hypocrites, plain and simple.

If they are for the mosque then they are following their most basic tenant.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Opposed. Which, I agree, seems to violate their proclaimed mission.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Apparently what some terrorists who probably weren't even real Muslims proved on 9/11 is that we are not what we thought we were. They won, in my opinion. They defeated us and turned some of us into a nation of illogical, unthinking, very vocal haters. That's very sad.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Apparently what some terrorists who probably weren't even real Muslims proved on 9/11 is that we are not what we thought we were. They won, in my opinion. They defeated us and turned some of us into a nation of illogical, unthinking, very vocal haters. That's very sad.
We've been that much longer than 9/11, 9/11 just made those people louder and busier.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

If that is true that I am responding with irrelevance, then wouldn't it be up to you to use reasoning instead of responding as a litte person with a chip on your shoulder?

Are you here to punish or are you here to contribute?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
an interfaith center would have been nice.

An interfaith centre would have been an interesting option to have considered and perhaps there is still room in the rhetoric to support this idea. Not in the sense that it should be a place of worship for all faiths, but a centre where people from all creeds, colours and religion can interact. I am reading some UK press coverage and it is being made clear that it is a community centre with a Mosque inside, but open to all visitors.

Boasting a mosque with sports facilities, a theatre and possibly day care, the centre would be open to all visitors to demonstrate that Muslims are part of their community, not some separate element.

Daily Telegraph

However, if the centre enhances community relations, then this can only be a good thing.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

True. I guess it just all just finally had a reason and a focus to bubble to the surface. Islam has replaced Communism as the threat some need to achieve their goals.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty

If that is true that I am responding with irrelevance, then wouldn't it be up to you to use reasoning instead of responding as a litte person with a chip on your shoulder?

Are you here to punish or are you here to contribute?

Shall we show them how you are punishing me in my other thread?

The topic here is the ADL's hypocrisy. I seem to have failed yet again to attempt to have a civil discussion here.

[edit on 8/2/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You are not capable of seeing past the moment. It is not me who is punishing anyone. As I said in the other thread, I wish you the best!

Best Regards,
Liberty

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

Welcome to my ignore. I'm sure this is a first for us both. Your actions and accusations in the other thread are misguided and unforgivable. This is the sad consequence. Goodbye.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

However, if the centre enhances community relations, then this can only be a good thing.

Well I can't argue with that, it has to begin somewhere.

The thing is I don't trust most people.

and I am seldom disappointed.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The UK had their own 9/11 and it has taken time for the scars to heal within the national psyche, but they have. However, it has been nearly ten years since 9/11 and new generations have been born and subjected to poisoned rhetoric on all sides. These new generations should know of the events, but we owe it to them to behave in a responsible, yet progressive way? We should be setting examples for failures in ideological systems that has cost hundreds of thousands of innocent lives.

If the Islamic Community Centre is going to become all embracing, then make sure it does.

Edit: Typo

[edit on 2-8-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Trust in this day and age has become a rare commodity in all aspects of life. My views on the Islamic Centre aren't strong, but would hope differences can but put aside and it is used to promote a positive Islam and embrace the community.

The UK has some serious religious divides, but on the whole we get on. Is there violence? Yes, but the majority view in the UK is that we are a multi-ethnic nation and that's just the way it is. It isn't going to change, so the ethnic communities must learn to prosper and get along with each other.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Is there violence? Yes, but the majority view in the UK is that we are a multi-ethnic nation and that's just the way it is.

As well are we,

Recently the divisions are becoming more and more of an issue, I was raised in a multi cultural neighborhood,

I still live in a multi cultural neighborhood.

TPTB are picking at a scab, if you know what I mean.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join