It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undersea river discovered flowing on sea bed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Great find. Very interesting story.

This would explain a lot of very strange goings on we witness in Bikini Bottom.

I've witnessed a lot of strange goings on in Bikini Bottoms, but enough about my love life

Wow, I have been watching Spongebob for years with my kids and this link to the name never occured to me. This sheds a whole new light on this cartoon. How dumb I am.

Now I know how Mr Crabbs ended up there!

At least now, I know whats on your mind all the time.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by JohnySeagull]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Interesting as this may be, I was under the impression that it was already generally accepted that there were rivers of water under the seas. It's caused by differences in salinity, which in turn increases the density of the water, causing it to "sink" to the bottom of the sea bed. This water then reacts to gravity in much the same way standard rivers do, flowing in streams and eroding the sea bed.

Is it simply these rivers in particular, there location or size/scale that is of interest here, because underwater rivers is certainly not news to me.

S&F for interesting post though

[edit for spellnig]

[edit on 3-8-2010 by nik1halo]

I thought this as well - I clicked on the heading of this post thinking it was going to be an old post that someone brought back from the dead - guess I was wrong..

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Great find. Very interesting story.

This would explain a lot of very strange goings on we witness in Bikini Bottom.

I've witnessed a lot of strange goings on in Bikini Bottoms, but enough about my love life

Wow, I have been watching Spongebob for years with my kids and this link to the name never occured to me. This sheds a whole new light on this cartoon. How dumb I am.

Now I know how Mr Crabbs ended up there!

At least now, I know whats on your mind all the time.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by JohnySeagull]

My kids like Spongebob. There are a lot of subtle things in there, but the most obvious that I noticed right away...

He's a sponge that lives in bikini bottom. A sponge....

Mr. Crabs is there in bikini bottom.

The squirrels name is Sandy Cheeks.

Don't know if it's correct or not but I had read somewhere that the characters were developed to each represent one of the seven deadly sins. Could be but if you go through them they don't quite all fit.

Anyway, back on topic. I thought it was common knowledge that there were different flows of water throughout the oceans due to temperature and salinity differences. Couldn't the gulf stream be considered an 'underwater river'?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Primordial

Thanks for that insight. It makes perfect sense. I promise not to mention SBSP again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join