It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, I'm mnmlst

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hello there! I am a married, 31 year old woman who lives in Houston and I strive to be as anti-materialism and as minimalistic as I can (hence the username "mnmlst").

I'm inspired by Buddhism (hence the "happy Buddha" avatar, who is not to be confused with the historical Buddha, Siddhartha Guatama. Fun fact.), but I'm not sure I would officially call myself a Buddhist. I look at Buddhism as more of a philosophy or inspiration in life, rather than a religion.

Aside from all that, I have several rescue pets and am back in school and working on a degree in agriculture (better late than never).

My hobbies are reading, movies and bowling. I am interested in UFOs, ghosts, and conspiracy theories, though that interest is balanced with a healthy dose of skepticism.

I look forward to participating in the forums!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Correction: I thought I had an avatar ....

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmlst

Howdy mnmlst, welcome aboard! 31 is still young and you are right, it is never too late to get some edumucation!

Agriculture- are you aware of Monsanto? Lot's of interesting stuff surround them.
Rescue pets as in pets that rescue, or pet's that have been rescued? Either way cool and I'm sure they keep ya busy as well as bring you joy.

Cya on the boards,
spec

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Welcome; the formatting of your username supports it's inherent definition...nice...

This thread should help in the placement of your avatar...

I look forward to seeing you on the boards...

Edit to Add - I see you figured out the avatar deal...

[edit on Mon, 02 Aug 2010 12:49:28 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Edit to Add - I see you figured out the avatar deal...

[edit on Mon, 02 Aug 2010 12:49:28 -0500 by MemoryShock]

Yes! LOL, found the tutorial! Navigating this site will take a little getting used to

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmlst

Welcome mnmlst to ATs it is nice to have another positive driven person on board as it always helps. I see you study Buddhisim which I have always viewed as a peaceful religion and it will be interesting to see whats you got to bring to the threads see you around friend....

[edit on 8/2/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by mnmlst

Howdy mnmlst, welcome aboard! 31 is still young and you are right, it is never too late to get some edumucation!

Agriculture- are you aware of Monsanto? Lot's of interesting stuff surround them.
Rescue pets as in pets that rescue, or pet's that have been rescued? Either way cool and I'm sure they keep ya busy as well as bring you joy.

Cya on the boards,
spec

I was not aware of Monsanto, but will look into it!

My pets were rescued. I used to volunteer with a local animal shelter. Don't do that unless you want to end up with pets galore! I have 1 dog and 3 cats, which is more than I would prefer at this point, but they needed me and they do indeed bring me joy. My spouse brought another dog to the relationship. I also have a really cool little crested gecko.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Namaste mnmlst

And welcome to ATS! It's great fun, and there's loads of friendly helpful members to get you up and running.

Have fun, and some Buddhist insight on the boards is always very welcome.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmlst

I strive to be as anti-materialism and as minimalistic as I can (hence the username "mnmlst").

That includes vowels, too? wow, that is minimalistic...

Welcome, and enjoy ATS/BTS.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'll agree with everyone that it's a cute username.

Besides that, though, you sound like you'll make a wonderful addition to the website. Welcome aboard!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by mnmlst

That includes vowels, too? wow, that is minimalistic...

It's shorthand. I'm already breaking rules.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmlst

No mandatory vowel rule that I'm aware of... though I think it might get a bit confusing if...

...dsrgrdd vwls cmpltly.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Welcome mnmlst! Since you're interested, hop right in and give us your thoughts on one of the newest UFO threads to be presented to us.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmlst
Hello there! I am a married, 31 year old woman who lives in Houston and I strive to be as anti-materialism and as minimalistic as I can (hence the username "mnmlst").

Welcome to ATS! I'm "just down the road" from you - Beaumont.

I'm inspired by Buddhism (hence the "happy Buddha" avatar, who is not to be confused with the historical Buddha, Siddhartha Guatama. Fun fact.), but I'm not sure I would officially call myself a Buddhist. I look at Buddhism as more of a philosophy or inspiration in life, rather than a religion.

So you know the difference between the two...and you share my outlook as wel,l right down to the "not sure" bit.

I am interested in UFOs, ghosts, and conspiracy theories, though that interest is balanced with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Okay, that's it. I'm adding you as a friend. Let me know if you have any trouble & I'll have your back.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta

Okay, that's it. I'm adding you as a friend. Let me know if you have any trouble & I'll have your back.

Cool!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmlst

Welcome to the ATS smiling buddha ...

May the ripples you generate be kind.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Welcome,

I think you will fit in just fine here and I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Cheers!

top topics

join