It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive Boar on the Rise in Germany

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

As Germany's wild boar population has skyrocketed in recent years, so too has the number of animals contaminated by radioactivity left over from the Chernobyl nuclear meltdown. Government payments compensating hunters for lost income due to radioactive boar have quadrupled since 2007.

Source: www.spiegel.de...

It seems that Chernobyl made ravages around quite a big area. It just stunned me!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gagol

Interesting, there was that other news recently that a new study found that mammalian populations within the 'Dead' zone around Chernobyl may show a decline, as opposed to the more common comments about how wildlife 'appears' to thriving, the new study inferred that appearances may be sligtly deceiving, if you factor in the loss of humans on the area...

Also, I am sure that if you dig around, you will find that in the UK there are still some areas where farmers have their livestock (sheep mainly I think) taken away and can not let them enter the food chain due to continued radiation level excesses attributed/dating back to Chernobyl. They too receive government compensation. I think I last saw it mentioned on BBCs Country File program within the past 12 months.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
hi Gagol

S&F
because of the Oil spill long term negatives effects
Chernobyl will be nothing compare to whats coming
1/2 of the gulf of Mexico is now radioactive
alls of its beautifull creatures will be contaminated
people/animal eating them will get also affected
Corexit have maybe succeeded hiding the oil from the surface
but it will kill the Gulf (RIP for the next 100years)

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I am not sure about that. Given enough some time bacterias will eat the oil, the Corexit thing I don't know enough about it. Radiation... is very persistent. I think we can say that both are pretty bad situation.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by gagol]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gagol
reply to post by Ben81

I am not sure about that. Given enough some time bacterias will eat the oil, the Corexit thing I don't know enough about it. Radiation... is very persistent. I think we can say that both are pretty bad situation.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by gagol]

they said that the mix between oil and the corexit dispersant
make it 100 times more toxic than only one of both not being mix...
so its quite bad
im going in NC soon (familly trip to the outer banks)
its been a while since i have see the sea
DDDDD
hope i will not see any tarrballs on the beach
or on the familly dogs
i will be extremelly mad

hope i will not see my skin falling off after a swim because of the corexit ahahahah

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Thanks for the insight. While you are there, can you take a few pictures of the (I hope not) mess?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gagol
reply to post by Ben81

Thanks for the insight. While you are there, can you take a few pictures of the (I hope not) mess?

ouais je vais prendre quelque pic de la plage pis les mettre ici
-
yes i will take pictures of the beach and post them here

top topics

join