It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA to Crack Down on Farm Dust

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

EPA to Crack Down on Farm Dust

www.news9.com

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is considering a crackdown on farm dust, so senators have signed a letter addressing their concerns on the possible regulations.

The letter dated July 23 to the EPA states, "If approved, would establish the most stringent and unparalleled regulation of dust in our nation's history." It further states, "We respect efforts for a clean and healthy environment, but not at the expense of common sense. These identified levels will be extremely burdensome for farmers and livestock producers to attain. Whether its livestock kicking up du
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ftpcontent.worldnow.com
www.news9.com

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I'm almost at a loss for words for the lack of integrity the EPA is showing.

Isn't it common sense when farmers plow their fields and harvest their crop, dust is going to be created? People who live in the city and suburbs don't have any idea of how their food gets to the market, but they'll make up laws and restrictions for the people who are responsible for the meals all because they may not like the dust being stirred up as they take their polished new automobiles for a drive trhough the country.

Dust is a natural particulate which will settle back to the ground unlike hydrocarbons and ozone. Get a grip EPA. There's oil pouring on the beaches in the Gulf for crying out loud!

www.news9.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This isn't about enviromental protection.
It is another tool to use against small farms and people trying to grow their own food.

The monoculture trust will be able to afford the fines and fees. The independent 'free' farmers will not.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Some dust is a normal occurence with a farm, but there are ways to reduce extreme amounts of dust. Big monoculture trusts should be held accountable to spend a thought about dust regulation. If this regulations is done right, small farms could even benefit, as they simply dont produce the volumes of dust, that big farms do and therefor save a buck against the competition.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This story kind of reminds me of this story, only more subtle.

You know...there really are no more laws to make save for the expansion of corporate and political control. It's getting very tiresome...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Un-freaking-believeable. The epa worried about dust on a farm, it's a FARM you idiots!!! Ofcourse there's going to be dust! How freaking stupid are thses idiots in the epa??? Next they'll say we're all breathing too much an tax that.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hello? Hello, common sense, where are you? *knocks on the forehead of EPA employees*

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This is what the EPA is spending it's efforts doing this!!!

They are concerning themselves with how much freaking dust is created from farming when they let a Big Oil Corp not follow guidelines for safe deep well installation and has now polluted thousands of square miles of gulf waters and shoreline!...am I missing something here?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
This story kind of reminds me of this story, only more subtle.

You know...there really are no more laws to make save for the expansion of corporate and political control. It's getting very tiresome...

I am going to assume that without satellites, 'they' wouldn't have come up with this one. Laws are all about detection, really, the ability to detect something. What a wonderful world we have to look forward to.

There must be names which are attached to these proposals, not some unknowns, but real people. Is there any mention of how this will be done? Or who, personally, is behind it? Obviously it is nwo, but who are the ones who started it? Even I couldn't have come up with this as being one of their tools of enslavement....

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

What an interesting thought and one that potentially has merit.

I was wondering how enforcement would occur and how they had arrived at the conclusion that it was an issue in the first place...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
reply to post by davidmann

What an interesting thought and one that potentially has merit.

I was wondering how enforcement would occur and how they had arrived at the
conclusion that it was an issue in the first place...

Had a few 'dreams' to help me along, memory...once I was in a closet, hiding, and this beam was honing in on the heat given off from a piece of pipestone in my pocket. A beam that was coming from 'space', meaning, a satellite. It KNEW. I was terrified as well, though, to wit, I have no shame about anything in my life. There I was, in my best suit, standing stock straight in a dark closet, making a futile attempt to hide from the nazis. And these faceless clowns were judging me for what they assumed would be effective with evoking feelings of guilt and low self-esteem. However, memory, this is simply a hard core version of dust monitoring. I don't even think about the heavy, mental stuff they perform. Too busy overriding it.... They might as well have just said 'carbon' rather than 'dust'. Dust. WTF is 'dust', chemically? There is no end to what they can have if we let them have it.

Freelancers are driving around neighborhoods these days with thermal cameras, helping the police find grow rooms, locally, you know. Feds do it from the sky. One day they will use scanners to label those with 'diseases' as well, because they can. They will find whatever they are looking for. Breaking it down to soil, or dust, is beyond the pale. One guess is that as the world becomes more computerized, the dust will have to go because it interferes with the fine workings and resolution they require to use their equipment. It's hard to believe they have to scrape this low for simple tax revenues. Perhaps God's dust is in direct competition with their 'dust' (chem sprays)? That, too, is a possibility.

It's the sheryl crow effect. Instead of working from the worst scenarios, terminally leaking oil wells and a sea floor that looks like a scrapyard, you instead punish the smallest, most natural particle in existence: dirt or dust (carbon), and those who are to be blamed for it, ie., anyone you can see. Sheryl, if you recall, said that we can help the planet by using one piece of toilet paper per executive log. Later she said it was a joke. By bringing up the most preposterous, ridiculous examples possible, you automatically net all the larger causes of waste or pollution, as targets. It presupposes that the cause is just, when they try to get really petty, like toilet paper usage, or dust. What troubles me the most in this is the emphasis on the individual as a target, because this engenders fear and oppression which can be handed out at will, and based on political creeds or hatreds of them.

I guess that there's job creation involved as well. One day a guy will come up to your door and fine you, because you have a gravel road leading to your house. It will have to be covered with something, you know, asphalt, brick, cement, what have you. This costs money, and also carries possible taxes if the road you pave happens to be black. It will cause more hardship and regulation for all those trying to get off the grid. It IS subtle. And very real. With the satellite view, every square inch of a person's property will be quantifiable in as many ways as they care to examine. They'll go after colors as well, dark being bad.

I wish to cite a little known fact. Dust is to the oceans what rain is to the land. That's right. Dustfall provides the ocean's with nourishment which happens to yield the most fertile aquatic environment. I'd guess that if you could reduce the dust to strangulation level, you could affect the health of the oceans.

If no dust fell in to the oceans, it may be exactly as though no rain fell upon earth. Imagine a paved planet...and no exposed dirt anywhere...is that what they want?

My my. Barbara Streisand and I have such different conceptions of creature comfort.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Great idea. I guess that the EPA would have the farmers spray water on the ground to keep the dust down. That makes a ton of sense, particularily in places like Oklahoma where they are just loaded with fresh water.

This is only a way to get government involvement into the farming business. A law that provides them with a legitimate excuse to access private property.

How about the EPA take a look at the imported fruit and vegetables from Mexico, watered with feces laden water, awash with chemicals? How about the EPA do a serious job evaluating the genetically modificated plant industry and determine the long-term environmental environmental impact of genetically modified plants on the ecosystem?

Time to defund the EPA

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Interesting link.

I'm glad you posted this link.

A few years ago I was reading that ADM and Monsanto were trying to get bills passed that would virtually make farmers markets and roadside produce stands illegal.

Seems like these laws are a pathway to outlaw private vegetable gardens.

badgerprints, you're on time with your post.

Seems like Washingtons done run out of laws to impose so they have to dictate on what we can eat. Mmmmmm Chinese tomatoes! Why are they so small!

[edit on 2/8/10 by Intelearthling]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by Intelearthling

Great idea. I guess that the EPA would have the farmers spray water on the ground to keep the dust down. That makes a ton of sense, particularily in places like Oklahoma where they are just loaded with fresh water.

This is only a way to get government involvement into the farming business. A law that provides them with a legitimate excuse to access private property.

How about the EPA take a look at the imported fruit and vegetables from Mexico, watered with feces laden water, awash with chemicals? How about the EPA do a serious job evaluating the genetically modificated plant industry and determine the long-term environmental environmental impact of genetically modified plants on the ecosystem?

Time to defund the EPA

I visit a scrapyard when fortune allows it. It is in the middle of a yuppie gentrified zone in Chicago. There you will find asbestos and mercury and all sort of pollutants because they have a shredder. You can basically toss a TV set on the pile and get paid 5 cents per pound because it has some iron in it. They spray water from large towers over the shredder, and many of the workers wear bandanas. In this case the water spray is a good idea. The particles fall to earth faster than were the particles dry, minimizing the spread of toxic dust.

In the case of this EPA ruse, the ramifications are much more far reaching and complex.

Yes...water is part of it. It implies the start of the water wars, as farmers will be forced to use, and pay for water, just to not break laws and get hurt financially; water that could be used simply to irrigate crops, not play Hazel for an evil nwo regime.

Who knows what the long term implications are? THX 1138 anyone? Sunlight kills you. Dust kills you. Free thinking is illegal. I thought I spotted a trend twenty years ago, pushing people to build homes as large as their property would allow. The radio was warning of diseases and many were getting online businesses started up so they could avoid all the sickness they were seeing portrayed on their telescreens. The outdoors were definitely not safe. There were mosquitoes, homos, new diseases, no cures, boogey men, sick people at your office place (come on-remember the tv ads that rubbed this sickness factor in?) and they took an active role at the media outlets telling you to stay home if you suspect that you, or anyone at work, were coming down with the flu du jour symptoms. This trend went in stride with the internet and housing boom. But to me it seemed they were trying to start a fear against nature. Odd gattaca like sunglass advertisements. The sun hurts your eyes, wear these glasses. Maybe they just wanted everyone to overspend on their dream homes, I don't know.

But they all work in synch. Water is a valuable resource. It may be they are trying to get the water wars started. Look around you, fer chrissakes. Oil after oil spill. Corexit dumping. There's no way to eliminate 'dust', but water comes first to mind...either that, or some new chemical monsanto is working on...

Common stock...we work around the clock. Now I understand yet another reason why the nwo wants as many illegals breeding as much as possible. Fill the land space with a checkerboard of pavement and commerce as to help illustrate the actual need for scarcity provisions, taxes, regulations. Make the land choke with congestion, so to help usher them in to more power and IN THEIR LIFETIME. Force them to use as much of everything in the name of 'economics'. No one's looking for meaning anyway so why not make them chase their tails! Now you have to control your dust. No, it won't stop at hitting farmers. If you ask me, they picked the wrong group to attack. The farmers may not be strong enough to fight this, versus the amount of corporate farms that won't fight this, but everybody has a stomach. We understand the food conspiracies too well to be grateful for a government that willfully destroyed the mom and pop farmers.

Consider this fact: Dust from the earth is to the oceans what water is to soil. We find that the best fishing zones of the oceans are created by the jetstreams which carry this nutrient to their water resting place. If all dust were stopped from meeting the oceans, it just might be the equivalent of rain not meeting the land. Just imagine the logical extension of this...a planet paved, showing no soil anywhere, except in a preserve. I think it would accelerate man's damage to the oceans, the waters. But first and foremost, they want tax monies. The best plans are integrated plans. They forge things that do many things at once.

This looks like some serious long term planning.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by XenoStuffz

umm, dry ground+ animals/tractors/automobiles= dust

lots of dust, and the oil industry does not help at all

top topics

join