It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Cannot Exist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Problem #1: "things happen for a reason"
Evidence, please (though I know you rejected this). I know and respect that so many people incorporate this mantra into their lives, but it's a desire or it's a belief. It's not a fact.

Although the same applies to the idea that things do not happen for a reason.

But I agree with your conundrum. Some people think that atheists are atheists because the idea of god having always existed doesn't make sense … and that's true. But the idea that god doesn't exist and that the universe didn't originate from an entity doesn't make sense either. Where did it come from? Where did the ingredients that created the universe come from? If it was nothing, what initiated the metamorphosis of nothing into something? It's perplexing and utterly unanswerable, in my view.

I disagree with the poster that we shouldn't worry about it, but be kind instead. I mean, that's kinda true and all, but how can we not be curious about the most significant question our minds can possibly come up with? The grand joke (played by whom?) is that it really is without possible response.

Either something started everything. Or, nothing did. And neither makes any sense at all.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join