It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preliminary Draft Of A World Constitution (1947-1948)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Declaration Of Duties and Rights

A.
The universal government of justice as covenanted and pledged in this Constitution is founded on the Rights of Man
The principles underlying the Rights of Man are and shall be permanently stated in the Duty of everyone everywhere, whether a citizen sharing in the responsibilities and privileges World Government or a ward and pupil of the World Commonwealth:

to serve with word and deed, and with productive labor according to his ability, the spiritual and physical advancement the living and of those to come, as the common cause of all generations of men;
to do unto others as he would like others to do unto him;
to abstain from violence,
except for the repulse of violence as commanded or granted under law.

B.
In the context therefore of social duty and service, and in conformity with the unwritten law which philosophies and religions alike called the Law of Nature and which the Republic of the World shall strive to see universally written and enforced by positive law:
it shall be the right of everyone everywhere to claim and maintain for himself and his fellowmen:
release from the bondage of poverty and from the servitude and exploitation of labor, with rewards and security according merit and needs;
freedom of peaceful assembly and of association, in any creed or party or craft, within the pluralistic unity and purpose the World Republic;
protection of individuals and groups against subjugation and tyrannical rule, racial or national, doctrinal or cultural, with safeguards for the self-determination of minorities and dissenters;
and any such other freedoms and franchises as are inherent in man's inalienable claims to life, liberty, and the dignity of the human person, and as the legislators and judges of the World Republic shall express and specify.
C.
The four elements of life - earth, water, air, energy - are common property of the human race. The management and use of such portions thereof as are vested in or assigned to particular ownership, private or corporate or national or regional, of definite or indefinite tenure, of individualist or collectivist economy, shall be subordinated in each and all cases to the inherent interest of the common good.

GRANT OF POWERS

1. The jurisdiction of the World Government as embodied in its organs of power shall extend to:
The control of the observance of the Constitution in all the component communities and territories of the Federal World Republic, which shall be indivisible and one;
The furtherance and progressive fulfillment of the Duties and Rights of Man in the spirit of the foregoing Declaration, with their specific enactment in such fields relations as are described hereinafter (Art. 27 through 33);
The maintenance of peace; and to that end the enactment and promulgation of laws which shall be binding upon communities and upon individuals as well,
the judgment and settlement of any conflicts among component units, with prohibition of recourse to interstate violence,
the supervision of and final decision on any alterations of boundaries between states or unions thereof,
the supervision of and final decision on the forming of new states or unions thereof,
the administration of such territories as may still be immature for self-government, and the declaration in due time of their eligibility therefor,
the intervention in intrastate violence and violations of law which affect world peace and justice,
the organization and disposal of federal armed forces,
the limitation and control of weapons and of the domestic militias in the several component units of the World Republic;
The establishment, in addition to the Special Bodies listed hereinafter (Art. 8 and 9)
There is a lot more but didnt know how much i could paste without geting in trouble. If im a loud ill post the lot all 44 articles of law,please let me know ats
thank you,guys what you think????

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/8/10 by argentus]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The powers not delegated to the World Government by this Constitution, and not prohibited by it to the several members of the Federal World Republic, shall be reserved to the several states or nations or unions thereof.

THE FEDERAL CONVENTION, THE PRESIDENT, THE LEGISLATURE

The sovereignty of the Federal Republic of the World resides in the people of the world. The primary Government shall be vested in:
the Federal Convention,
the President,
the Council and the Special Bodies.
the Grand Tribunal, the Supreme Court, and the Tribune of the People,
the Chamber of Guardians.

The Federal Convention shall consist of delegates elected directly by the people of all states and nations, one delegate for each million of population or fraction thereof above one-half million, with the proviso that the people of any extant state… ranging between 100,000 and 1,000,000, shall be entitled to elect one delegate, but any such state with a population below 100,000 shall be aggregated for federal electoral purposes to the electoral unit closest to its borders.
The delegates to the Federal Convention shall vote as individuals, not as members of national or otherwise collective representations [except as specified hereinafter, Art. 46, paragraph 2, and Art. 47].
The Convention shall meet in May of every third year, for a session of thirty days.

The Federal Convention shall subdivide into nine Electoral Colleges according to the nine Societies of kindred nations and cultures, or Regions, wherefrom its members derive their powers, such Regions being:
the continent of Europe and its islands outside the Russian area, together with the United Kingdom if the latter so decides, and with such overseas English- or French- or Cape Dutch-speaking communities of the British Commonwealth of Nations or the French Union as decide to associate (this whole area here tentatively denominated Europa);
the United States of America, with the United Kingdom if the latter so decides, and such kindred communities of British, or Franco-British, or Dutch-British, or Irish civilization and lineage as decide to associate (Atlantis);
Russia, European and Asiatic, with such East-Baltic or South-Danubian nations as associate with Russia (Eurasia);
the Near and Middle East, with the states of North Africa, and Pakistan if the latter so decides (Afrasia);
Africa, south of the Sahara, with or without the South African Union as the latter may decide;
India, with Pakistan if the latter so decides;
China, Korea, Japan, with the associate archipelagoes of the North- and Mid-Pacific (Asia Major);
Indochina and Indonesia, with Pakistan if the latter so decides, and with such other Mid- and South-Pacific lands and islands as decide to associate (Austrasia);
the Western Hemisphere south of the United States (Columbia).
Each Electoral College shall nominate by secret ballot not more than three candidates, regardless of origin, for the office of President of the World Republic. The Federal Convention in plenary meeting, having selected by secret ballot a panel of three candidates from the lists submitted, shall elect by secret ballot one of the three as President, on a majority of two-thirds.
If three consecutive ballots have been indecisive, the candidate with the smallest vote shall be eliminated and between the two remaining candidates a simple majority vote shall be decisive.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
can i paste all of them on the board?? i think members would like this.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny c

It would be useful to know who drafted this, on whose behalf.
That information is what would give it significance.
Was it a "somebody", or a "nobody"? It makes a difference.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Well, seeing as there was a massive debate on copy & paste here...
I suggest using the code for quoting articles, before going any further.

[ quote] subject material [ / quote ]

(no spaces)

Then provide the source with the same code.

[ url ] website address [ / url ] (again, no spaces)

This is a remarkable find if true and will provide a basis for the embarkment of a World government at an even earlier age then previously thought.

I knew they had plans, but obviously this never came to fruition.
Unless, this is the draft for the United Nations...

[edit on 2-8-2010 by havok]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Drafting Salvation
By John W. Boyer
Illustrations by Steve McCracken

In a race against doomsday, Chicago's best minds forged a plan that, five decades later, reads a bit like prophecy.
The Sunday following the August 6, 1945, bombing of Hiroshima, Robert Maynard Hutchins offered humanity two clear choices. Speaking in an NBC radio round-table discussion, "Atomic Force: Its Meaning for Mankind," the University of Chicago chancellor predicted that proliferation of the bomb would inevitably lead to "world suicide" unless war itself was abolished "through the monopoly of atomic force by a world organization." William Ogburn, a distinguished Chicago sociologist, replied laconically: "But that is a thousand years off," to which Hutchins rejoined:

Remember that Lon Bloy, the French philosopher, referred to the good news of damnation, doubtless on the theory that none of us would be Christians if we were not afraid of perpetual hell-fire. It may be that the atomic bomb is the good news of damnation, that it may frighten us into...those righteous actions and those positive political steps necessary to the creation of a world society, not a thousand or five hundred years hence, but now.

Hutchins's comments were all the more ironic (and controversial) in view of the fact that much of the research work on the atomic bomb had been done at the University of Chicago under the stands of the old Stagg Field.

Soon after this broadcast, Hutchins was approached by two senior members of Chicago's Humanities faculty, Richard McKeon and Giuseppe Borgese. In a memorandum to Hutchins, they proposed that the University sponsor a study group to do in reality what Hutchins had advocated in theory: to write a constitution for world government. The professors argued that the University of Chicago "has played a decisive role in ushering in the atomic age, whose birthplace and date might well be put in Stagg Field, December 2, 1942....There is no manifest destiny, but there is more than a symbolic value in the suggestion that the intellectual courage that split the atom should be called on, on this very campus, to unite the world."

True to his character, both as a visionary and an iconoclast, Hutchins quickly agreed to sponsor and lead a distinguished committee of academics in crafting nothing less than the outline of a government for the world. Most were U of C faculty members, among them Borgese, who became secretary of the group and main writer of the final draft; McKeon, whose disagreement with the group majority on some basic issues would later diminish his role; Robert Redfield, then dean of Social Sciences; Mortimer Adler, who had advocated world government in his book How to Think about War and Peace; economist Rexford Guy Tugwell; and Law School Dean Wilbur Katz. Other founding committee members were William Hocking, James Landis, and Charles H. McIlwain of Harvard; theologian Reinhold Niebuhr (who later withdrew); and Beardsley Ruml, a former dean at Chicago and by 1945 the chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank in New York.

Dubbed the Committee to Frame a World Constitution, the group convened its first closed meeting in the fall of 1945. While ambitious in scope, the project's goals were tempered with humility. At best, it was hoped that "the world at large will have ample occasion to learn from our successes and failures," Hutchins wrote in 1947, "and to teach us and others....We do not think [the constitution] will be adopted; we dare to hope that it will not be ignored.
Hope this helps Disraeli ,there is a lot more on aftermath news . com
happy hunting

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Thanks Havoc ,fair play to you buddy.
I never know how much to paste without geting in trouble.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

My friend, there is no 'C' in the way I spell havok. [facepalm]
I know your spell checker probably corrected it before you checked.

Anyways...

Check it out....It's not paste(ing) its simple code.
It looks like you are just typing this info in.

In order to comply with the decorum here, you must use the right coding.
Kind of like plagiarism on a essay for school.

Would you just write down what someone else wrote? No. You would fail.
You have to use the [ quote ] insert text here [ / quote ] feature. (no spaces).
The better a thread looks, the more readers you will entice.

I'm not trying to correct you, but did you read the T&C before signing up?
You should because it helps explain how to properly use others material.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny c.

Dubbed the Committee to Frame a World Constitution, the group convened its first closed meeting in the fall of 1945. While ambitious in scope, the project's goals were tempered with humility. At best, it was hoped that "the world at large will have ample occasion to learn from our successes and failures," Hutchins wrote in 1947, "and to teach us and others....We do not think [the constitution] will be adopted; we dare to hope that it will not be ignored.
Hope this helps Disraeli ,there is a lot more on aftermath news . com
happy hunting

OK, thanks for that.
So this was a study group of university professors?
I can't help thinking that a secret document intended for inter-governmental discussion would have been a more significant find. In those days just after the war, everybody with an imagination must have been having thoughts about how the world could be put to rights.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Have you seen how long that is?? Its a historical document,why would you want a summery essay of that.
I think on this you would want the real deal,its to big just for quotes.
LOL ITS LEGISLATION, YES I READ BEFORE JOINING LOL
I have never used a spell checker in my life.

Disraeli they were my toughts exactly,like it was commissioned for maybe the united nations,i think it would be made with the tought that man kind could not go to war again like it just had.I also belive you are right about everyone having toughts of changing the world.I belive these were commissioned to lots and lots of professers world wide because i have just talked to one who is nearly poisitive that his university Trinity college dublin had done one also.I found it interesting though.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by johnny c]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny c
reply to post by havok

Have you seen how long that is?? Its a historical document,why would you want a summery essay of that.
I think on this you would want the real deal,its to big just for quotes.
Then link to it. Cite your sources. You have yet to do so, and will probably get this thread locked or deleted if you don't.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Aftermath news.com the source is on it if you read it,WHY WOULD IT GET DELETED WITH THE SOURCE IS GIVEN BRAINS??

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Again, my friend, I am NOT trying to be smart or mean...
Just use the proper setup so this thread is thoughtfully put together.

Just trying to help...

If you would use the [ ex ] [ /ex ] code, it would help too because its from an outside source.

Aftermath news .com is not a valid way to quote a source.

This is a better way:
Above Top Secret
Or this:
Aftermath News

Keep up the good posts.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok

Again, my friend, I am NOT trying to be smart or mean...
Just use the proper setup so this thread is thoughtfully put together.

Just trying to help...

If you would use the [ ex ] [ /ex ] code, it would help too because its from an outside source.

Aftermath news .com is not a valid way to quote a source.

This is a better way:
Above Top Secret
Or this:
Aftermath News

Keep up the good posts.

Thanks havok,have them sorted now mate

top topics

join