It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Segments in Floor Debate on Pakistan War Powers Resolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This is a great speech!

I points out a very important part here, the U.S. is funding both sides of the fence.
Why? Well to prolong the war of course!

The U.S. has given money to Pakistan before and that money was never used for what it was publicly intended for.

7.5 Billion dollars for Pakistan? I heard of 500 Million lately but I didn't hear about the 7.5Bn, it seems that this amount didn't make it in the news apparently.

When will this nonsense STOP???????

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia
H.Con.Res.301 - Directing the President, pursuant to section 5(c) of the War Powers Resolution, to remove the United States Armed Forces from Pakistan.

7/22/2010--Introduced.Directs the President, pursuant to section 5(c) of the War Powers Resolution (such section requires the President to remove U.S. Armed Forces engaged in hostilities outside the United States without a declaration of war or specific statutory authorization if Congress directs such removal by concurrent resolution), to remove the U.S. Armed Forces from Pakistan:
(1) by no later than the end of the period of 30 days beginning on the day on which this concurrent resolution is adopted; or
(2) if the President determines that it is not safe to remove the Armed Forces before the end of that period, by no later than December 31, 2010, or such earlier date as the President determines that the Armed Forces can safely be removed.
www.opencongress.org...

Overwhelmingly defeated.
I guess congress doesn't care how long U.S. troops continuing committing acts of war without a declaration of war.

Even if this had passed, it would have only effected regular uniformed military which is a minority of U.S. involvement in Pakistan. There are many many more CIA, OGA(other government agents) including private DOD and intelligence mercenaries, I mean for profit contractors, sorry about the mercenary designation.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by pthena]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
This is a great speech!

I points out a very important part here, the U.S. is funding both sides of the fence.
Why? Well to prolong the war of course!

The U.S. has given money to Pakistan before and that money was never used for what it was publicly intended for.

7.5 Billion dollars for Pakistan? I heard of 500 Million lately but I didn't hear about the 7.5Bn, it seems that this amount didn't make it in the news apparently.

When will this nonsense STOP???????

Good lord, that makes me sick to my stomach. The United States government doesn't have a dime to thier name really and they end up peddling that much money to a country that we can easily end up at war with.

join