It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Sheriff: 'Our Own Government Has Become Our Enemy'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I really love what Brewer and the Republicans have pulled off here. After 8 years of leading the the way in scaring the hell out of people into voting for them, they've done it again through immigration. It would was a rather smooth move to get this arizona law through just in time for the 2010 elections. Maybe all the talk about terrorists didn't do it with the public anymore? In anycase I do believe its a win-win for them in their eyes. By introducing the bill they drummed up conservative support, and by the bill being changed they maintained the same support. While it is arguble as to whether they gained any significant votes through this (considering the people I know who support this bill were going to vote for them like clockwork in anycase) it was an excellent campaign tactic. If theres anything the Republican and conservative movement have that liberals don't, its that of heavily influencing peoples minds and drumming up outrage. But in anycase I'v found a much more interesting fact to this entire immigration fiasco.

Iv spoken to alot of friends and family concerning this bill and I have had my fair share of arguments with them. The most significant argument for this bill I have heard is that this bill gives the police officers the power to deal with the issue at hand instead of waiting for the Federal government to take action. How so you may ask? Well Im sure the vast majority of ATSers here who support the bill can explain that to you. Apparently whats so essential about this bill is that it gives police officers the ability to investigate your immigration status while you have committed a crime. Really? Its this arguement that I just fail to see. Iv had my fair share of times when I was stopped by the police officer and a backround check was done on me. The fact is, police officers always had the power to do a backround checks on you, and they always had the opportunity to get a good idea of whether you were legal in this country or not, and yes, they always had the ability to turn you into the feds following being caught committing a crime. I have never heard a story as to whether a police officer was disciplined for taking in and reporting an illegal immigrant to authorities following a crime.

So why so frustrated? Why are you angry that part of a bill was removed that you claimed yourselves was just what? Allowing police officers to carry out immigration backround checks and take action? Why? What exactly was stopping police officers from doing this before? The answer was nothing. Iv heard people make the argument that police officers were prevented in reporting illegals or taking them in and carrying out backround checks following a crime they had committed. Its pure BS in my opinion. The fact of the matter is that nothing stopped police officers from doing so in the past and nothing will in the future.

So why all the frustration? Because this is not about the above. Let me tell you what this is about. This is about stopping anybody off the streets or in their houses and demanding they show their papers based on not 'acting' accordingly. For all the crys about how invading the census can be, people certainly have a change of tone on here when it comes to stopping people and asking them for their papers. Its hypocrisy, but then again I get it. You spend your life in small town america and all of sudden these these insensitive Mexican immigrants (Mexican americans or legal immigrants) decide to have the nerve to move into my town and wave the Mexican flags. They might as well be treated like second class Americans for that. This is what this is about, its exactly what this is about. People are just to cowardly to admit so.

Its all good though. In 30 years time latinos, the bulk of them Mexican americans, will assume the majority in this country. I can only imagine what will be the next crackpot immigration bill to the passed.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by testudo
B1070 Illegal alien supporters desecrate US Flag during National Anthem.

This is where you guys irritate me the most. Burning a flag is protected as free speech. So is this. That's a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT. But you come on here calling it desecration. How can you deny these people the right to free speech and in the same breath claim you support the constitution?

How do you guys reconcile that in your brain housing groups?

You can't denounce this without denouncing the constitution.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
lawls. stop paying your taxes. it's that simple. you keep feeding the beast, how do you expect to stop it when you give it all your resources>?!?!?!/!?!?!>

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
lawls. stop paying your taxes. it's that simple. you keep feeding the beast, how do you expect to stop it when you give it all your resources>?!?!?!/!?!?!>

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
and a third post just for the sake of being obtuse.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

While I am not saying that they are not garbage, credit should be noted and given since they did correct their article: CNSNews Correction

(Correction: As initially posted, this story inaccurately said that Pinal County was contiguous with the Mexican border. It is in southern Arizona, but not on the border.)

Should be noted since many papers and/or journalist are either too lazy or arrogant to provide correction when a mistake is made in regards to the facts of an article or report.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

And you sir think mexicans are special and should be able to break the laws of this country. Admit it. Tell everyone you want open borders, or you tell them keep the borders closed but let mexicans get a free pass to come into this country illegally.

Whats your agenda are you a illegal? Do you have illegal family in the states? Or do you hire them?

And about waving the mexican flag. I wouldnt go to another country waving the American flag unless maybe it was a sporting event or national competition.

They dislike Mexico so much they run from it. So whats the logic is waving a countrys flag you hate so much in the land of a country you presume to love?

How many illegals do you take care of? Put your money where your mouth is and you help support them. Give them shelter, food let them come in and use your TV, computer etc.

I hate people like you because you either

1) Bring up race

2) Act like those who oppose illegal immigration oppose legal immigration.

Strawmen bunch you lot are.

FACT: WE HAVE LAWS AGAINST ILLEGAL ENTRY.

FACT: WHEN 15-20 MILLION PEOPLE IN A COUNTRY SOUTH OF US CROSS THE BORDER UNANNOUNCED ITS BREAKING OUR LAWS.

Nothing to do with race, where they come from etc.

Why cant people like you get that? Whats so freaking hard to understand about that?

Explain

[edit on 3-8-2010 by ker2010]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Mexican immigrants (Mexican americans or legal immigrants)

Heh never fails i love how people like you always seem to leave out the word ILLEGAL. Tell me are some people allergic to that word? Its seems to be the case around here. Its not about race, its not about immigration, Its about ILLEGAL immigration. Understand now?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean

Originally posted by testudo
B1070 Illegal alien supporters desecrate US Flag during National Anthem.

This is where you guys irritate me the most. Burning a flag is protected as free speech. So is this. That's a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT. But you come on here calling it desecration. How can you deny these people the right to free speech and in the same breath claim you support the constitution?

How do you guys reconcile that in your brain housing groups?

You can't denounce this without denouncing the constitution.

Do you know if she was a citizen or not? Why dont you say anything about her racist comment about "the white man was there?"

I see whites are the only people who can be racists. I think its the supporters of illegals who are racist.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

Well, its too bad that it took the sheriff this long to figure out what many of us knew for decades.

Oh well...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

This reverse racism B.S. that so many members are screaming about is absolute nonsense. Has another race lynched you simply for being white? No. Has another race deprived you of voting rights and citizenship because of color? No. Has another race came into your country, raped your women and killed your children, took away your land, and then moved you to reservations? No.

You need to learn the meaning of racism and how it has affected millions due to colonialism and imperialists.

The only reason why you're screaming racism is because you're not getting exactly what you want, when you want it. The day a bunch of black guys show up to your door dressed in hooded outfits and burn a cross on your lawn, then you can open your silly little mouth and use the R word as if it had meaning, otherwise you're spouting nonsense that comes only from the mouth of ignorance. As it stands now, you're just a whiner using a small vocabulary that you don't even understand.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by PsychoX42]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoX42
reply to post by ker2010

This reverse racism B.S. that so many members are screaming about is absolute nonsense. Has another race lynched you simply for being white? No. Has another race deprived you of voting rights and citizenship because of color? No. Has another race came into your country, raped your women and killed your children, took away your land, and then moved you to reservations? No.

You need to learn the meaning of racism and how it has affected millions due to colonialism and imperialists.

The only reason why you're screaming racism is because you're not getting exactly what you want, when you want it. The day a bunch of black guys show up to your door dressed in hooded outfits and burn a cross on your lawn, then you can open your silly little mouth and use the R word as if it had meaning, otherwise you're spouting nonsense that comes only from the mouth of ignorance. As it stands now, you're just a whiner using a small vocabulary that you don't even understand.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by PsychoX42]

WTF are you talking about. Im simply saying whites arent the only ones who can be racists. Do you disagree?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by arizonascott

Interesting opinion. I think before that happens, we'll gonna be pushed to a situation when "they" will give us an "opportunity" to join them.

If we find ourselves unemployed, our kids hungry or sick, a pregnant wife, and "they" come to us with a promise to fix our problems....what are we gonna say?

Most of us will say yes, put me a chip, tell me what to eat, when to sleep, where to crap.

We need to learn how to vote, not like last time, that was wrong America.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
What is the difference of being a Hispanic American or an American
when We hear the term
Hispanic American
African American
Nazi American.
Whenever you brag about being American but put a Name in front of it
It becomes Un-American.
So Hispanics are a White Person according to the Census
So when they add Hispanic American
it sounds the same as Nazi American, Skin Head ETC.
The point being, we have been trained that Americans can burn flags
But if a
Hispanic American
African American
Nazi American
Burns a Flag they are Un-American!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Next Question
So Hispanics are a White Person according to the Census
So how is it Racist when two White Groups of People disagree?
Or is that just a Hate Crime?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I wonder if there is any way of opening the border to illegal immigrants, registering them, then assessing the costs to American society caused by them and then billing Mexico for those costs.

The Mexican government might be led to supply a "made in Mexico" solution to the problem by policing their own side of border better.

Just blue skying it here.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

I have a better idea bill the american citizens who support illegals. Wonder how long they will be in support. lol

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Whatever policy is decided upon should be consistent. I'm in favor of billing Mexico because the Mexican elite, who have looted their country for centuries are the fundamental cause of this problem.

If the government of Denmark were in charge of Mexico, the illegals problem would be the other way around. Poor Americans would be sneaking south.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Actually, the incidence of border crossings has been on the decline for some time; LINK

To listen to this sheriff, the Governor and Fox news, you'd think there was an invasion.

Isn't it always the same people buying into fear of some other -- over and over again?

The problems are more on the Mexican side of the border and there are plenty of people dying of thirst on the way here. I think this COULD become a huge issue -- very much like Palestine, but that's as a RESULT of people acting like this Sheriff and this is as a RESULT of corporations using cheap labor and then supporting the meme that the "illegals" are the problem.

Lot's of the advertisers of these news stations are making money on the cheap labor -- so OF COURSE, they don't talk about the ILLEGAL EMPLOYMENT PROBLEM. It's the same thing that is the ACTUAL problem between Israel and Palestine; how do the terrorists get in? Israelis don't want to mop their own floors. Then the hard line politicians, get to justify their own existence by stirring up an ants nest now and then.

More fear-mongering leaders and sheriffs will beget MORE fear-mongering leaders and sheriffs.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
Actually, the incidence of border crossings has been on the decline for some time; LINK

To listen to this sheriff, the Governor and Fox news, you'd think there was an invasion.

Isn't it always the same people buying into fear of some other -- over and over again?

The problems are more on the Mexican side of the border and there are plenty of people dying of thirst on the way here. I think this COULD become a huge issue -- very much like Palestine, but that's as a RESULT of people acting like this Sheriff and this is as a RESULT of corporations using cheap labor and then supporting the meme that the "illegals" are the problem.

Lot's of the advertisers of these news stations are making money on the cheap labor -- so OF COURSE, they don't talk about the ILLEGAL EMPLOYMENT PROBLEM. It's the same thing that is the ACTUAL problem between Israel and Palestine; how do the terrorists get in? Israelis don't want to mop their own floors. Then the hard line politicians, get to justify their own existence by stirring up an ants nest now and then.

More fear-mongering leaders and sheriffs will beget MORE fear-mongering leaders and sheriffs.

That is because more of them died and this is just One County in AZ.
If you support Illegal Crossing You Support 50 a Month dieing as they try just in my County!

July was the second-deadliest month on record for illegal immigrants crossing in Southern Arizona, with 59 bodies ending up at the Pima County Medical Examiner's Office.

The month's total ranks second only to the 69 deaths recorded by the office in July 2005.

azstarnet.com...

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Gmoneycricket]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join