It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad challenges Obama to TV debate on solving world's problems

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCPatriot

Originally posted by Unst0ppable0ne
Obama, the world needs something like this. A change of style. Communication... It would also give us insight into Iran.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

The moron thought there was 57 States.

And before you get all huffy.....just imagine what you'd be posting if Bush had to have a teleprompter shipped to everyplace he's expected to open his mouth.

Yep...Bush left us with some gems. My favorite..

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and *neither do we.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Seriously ? As they don't have enough means for their propaganda ?
Seriously that's the reason you put forward for refusing a debate that is a chance even if it's marginal to find a compromise or at least trying every diplomatic lead to resolve a big issue that the whole world is worried about ?

You'd better have iranians bombed than propagandised by edited footage ?

You're a very dangerous humanist. Please never try to do something for my own good.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

then you will be served my friend

on the what kind of guy i am (read 2 post of mine)

my last post on page 1 and my first post on page 2
in this thread
Assad warns of growing threat of Middle East war

i always respect people opinions... if i dont agree i will debate it with the most profound words i can find in me...
and i only speak with my soul... thats why i usualy speak a lot without any thinking...my brain is producing words has i type the words..if you know what i mean

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
There is a lot to your post...so lets start sorting out the BS here...

WTF are you talking about? Please provide a link or News source to any Wikileaks EDITORS being ARRESTED. You used the plural...any one will do...

Was not hard to google, its a internet search engine.
Wikileaks editor detained by US customs

Why even take the effort of googling, it was posted on ATS itself.

If you are talking about the Intelligence Analyst who leaked the docs...He didn't work for Wikileaks, he worked for the US government.

In other words he has no right to expose corruptions, lies, fraud, truth..no freedom of speech or freedom of information. I understand your point.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by name pending]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by DCPatriot

The moron thought there was 57 States.

Plus he lied about snooki on the view , claimed he didn't know her, when in fact he did,

lol i had some thoughs on that to ...
i think he said it in a joke way .. because it was obvious that he already spoke about her and he knew her
he simply cant have told that he didnt know her seriously ... that would be madly silly not to remember her ...
its like many of us joking sometime between friend or collegues
it was nothing but a joke that everyone though he wasnt kidding

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manouche

You'd better have iranians bombed than propagandised by edited footage ?

Are those our only two choices? No offense, but don't be dumb in positioning the issue in that binary way.

The GOP during the election railed into then candidate Obama for proposing even diplomatic communications with Iran.

What was their reasoning?

How does that apply to a reality-tv style public event?

I am all for diplomatic communications with leaders that claim we are Satan...I am not for having any US President meet with them/share a stage etc. It rewards idiotic behavior IMO.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG

potus=president of the united states

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL

ahhh this is what potus mean ...
hilarious..very clever to lollllll
hocus potus ..
potus ...pot ?
no the President Of The United State
how come i didnt realise that first LOL

10 stars for that
PP

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by name pending

Originally posted by maybereal11
There is a lot to your post...so lets start sorting out the BS here...

WTF are you talking about? Please provide a link or News source to any Wikileaks EDITORS being ARRESTED. You used the plural...any one will do...

Was not hard to google, its a internet search engine.
Wikileaks editor detained by US customs

Oh...A Wikileaks Editor was DETAINED...Being questioned is not being arrested.

Because what you said was that Wikileaks EDITORS (notice the plural)were being ARRESTED.

Originally posted by name pending

The recent arrest of wikileaks editors should ring a bell or two that United States is not following what it preaches.

Just saying Easy on th BS.

There is a BIG difference between asking someone some questions and a few dozen journalist and bloggers being "dissapeared" or imprisoned for years on end by the Iranian government.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Lula, president of Brazil, went to Obama, went to Medvedev, asked what would be satisfying for the US and Russia as an agreement over the nuclear issue with Iran.
He got from Ahmadinejad what the US and Russia wanted.

It was only a few months ago, do you remember what went wrong ?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG

potus=president of the united states

thank you for taking the time to define that for me. acronyms are not my speciality all the time.

sorta like that GOD thing.

if GOD was an acronym....

well, if GOD can't be all things GOD, then how can GOD not be...

Governments Of Dollars?

just a thought, but i do thank you for setting straight on what POTUS means.

much appreciated,
et

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Lula, president of Brazil, went to Obama, went to Medvedev, asked what would be satisfying for the US and Russia as an agreement over the nuclear issue with Iran.
He got from Ahmadinejad what the US and Russia wanted.

It was only a few months ago, do you remember what went wrong ?

The deal that was brokered was that Iran would provide Russia/France with it's enriched uranium and Russia and France would return fuel rods for nuclear power.

If Iran wanted to enrich uranium for peacful purposes then this should make sense and even be cheaper than doing it themselves.

Iran agreed to ship the Uranium abroad, but also then stated it would also continue to enrich uranium in Iran at the same time...continuing the drive toward Nuclear weapons.

Is that what you were asking about?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by togetherwestand

that post does put something into perspective, i think. personally i may not agree with your stance or the reasonings that led up to this current situation. (i don't think the real puppet master(s) is/are of the here and now), but i gave that post a star because,.. well because.

iran says: "We are building nukes, and israel should be wiped off the map."

united nations & america says:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/993bebe4113e.jpg[/atsimg]

Iran President says:
"can we talk about this?"

that puts something into perspective for me,
et

p.s.

if this world wants resolve to this before escalation to conflct...

brief the firefighters (all nations) who have not fought since 9-11 on the truth of what is known in secret circles, and get out of their way!
ten years worth of passions and the corporate and political entities that keep firefighters from the fire scene .... try to imagine that "debate".

who picks a fight or engineers a fight and calls firefighters "collateral damage"?

i think we think.

firefighters can not forget, and we shall always remember
what happened to us, in us, on the eleventh of september

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This debate idea is a brilliant one. And one I would absolutely LOVE to see/hear. Nothing could be better than this. But alas, it will never happen. Not only would Obama not agree to it. The "Powers that Be", the true 'Rulers' would not agree to it in all eternity. For the most part, most of the world, especially the US, the Americonned people of the United States have been brainwashed, engraved to only see a picture of Ahmadinejad with a label of "devil" underneath it, along with the country of Iran. This would allow people/the world to see he is actually a human being and that maybe, just maybe , Iranian people are , ummm 'people' too. That would spell disaster to their plans as it would leave too many of the regular populace second guessing their "KILL THE DEMONS" backing for war.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Why would the president ANY president sit down with Im-a-nut-job.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
Why debate with someone who lives in their own reality?

In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country. We don't have that like in your country. ... In Iran we do not have this phenomenon. I don't know who's told you that we have this.

I see so many say that Obama is a puppet but that term also applies to his Iranian counterpart 10 times over.

He was lying. Like a politician.
Which leader Obama will talk to if he doesn't want to speak to liars ?
How is it that Obama wouldn't win a debate with Ahmadinejad ? He's perfectly trained with the medias, he's used to talk in public, in front of journalists, in front of TV cameras. He's a master at it as most american politicians obsessed by image and communication more than by ideas and policies. Did you see the presidential debate in Iran this year ? It looked like coming out from the 50's ! It's Ahmadinejad that would manipulate us in a live debate whereas we're used to western politicians performing tricks ?

Lying?

More like delusional in my book and debating the delusional is just silly.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

"The same words mean different things, and so long as you refuse to understand that talking "peace" means that you are discussing the terms of your surrender"

If the same word can mean different things, then why are you defining it for us?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
who knows if these people truly are the demons the media portrays them to be? i for one have never been to the middle east, so i can cast no judgement on the peoples character, or on the countries there. the fact that we would talk rather than play the usual games says he might be human after all. i don' support a lot of things the us government does, but at the end of the day i don't have any type of say in what they do, not even by a long shot. and neither do any of you. so we should look at these people for what they truly are, just human beings living under an oppressive government, much like the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seventytwo
reply to post by gallifreyan medic

And what about Israel?
Israel would be opposed to this I'm sure, this could cause a Huge diplomatic row..

What about Israel??

So are you saying that before the President of the USA can speak openly he must consider how Israel feels about it? Give me a break.. who gives a rat's arse what Israel thinks!

I personally love this idea, unfortunately it will never happen. There is an old saying, "Never say never".. well I am saying NEVER will this happen. For one, Obama would not be able to use his teleprompter, and that would just cause him to look like a bubbling fool. For two, having an open debate for all to see would just show once and for all who is really pushing an agenda and who is really pushing out all the propaganda... and most of us already know who is doing that. It's a can't win situation for Obama and The USA. Thus it will NEVER EVER happen.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

No.
This is the Vienna group negociations you're talking about.

The US proposed a compromise involving Turkey last year that was rejected by Iran. In spring, after consultations with Obama, Lula flew to Moscow then Tehran and got this same deal. Good news ! Iran accepts the US proposal.
Oh no ! For Mrs Clinton, it's now not enough and then, for the US administration either.

Brazil leaked an Obama's letter to Lula detailing the deal wanted by the US. Obama makes it clear in the letter he doesn't think Lula will obtain it. Turkey has confirmed Brazil's version of the story.

What are we supposed to think about this ? The US back deals when they think they will fail and if they succeed, they don't back them anymore ? What kind of trustworthy diplomacy is this ?

Why don't they try again in front of the world's eyes ? Just in case.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well what did you expect?
Obama offers to sit down with him, unconditionally, now Almonkeynijad thinks he's in the big times.

That's the reason why Bush ignored the boy's requests.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Alxandro]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join