It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad challenges Obama to TV debate on solving world's problems

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I could also post several thousand posts to be honest that have not seen the public eye, but i would or should point out that this deals with facts rather than an art that i am far more familiar with than the majority know their actual DNA. By posting images of a particular person and purposely creating an abstract interpretation does not benefit the picture.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
A debate to solve the worlds problems huh?

So let me get this straight. The product of such a debate, between these two men, will invariably be the worlds salvation?

Where do I get off? Can I get off?! I want off this ride now! Preferably before the bombs blow.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I wouldnt give Iran the benefit of a talk, I meen give me a break this guy is a threat of course Obama might lower the standards of this great country and "reason" with terrorist because that is all he is. Only reasoning you can do with Ahmadinejad is a nice bullet betwen the eyes.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Where do I get off? Can I get off?! I want off this ride now!.

maybe it's time to create a new emotion?

one that sumarizes what happens when the laws number more than any innocent child born today will even live long enough to number.

if earth was a starship .... who the hell is at the helm?

who is trying to put this ship on autopilot with the self destruct sequence set?

seriously?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Its what is commonly been accepted as subliminal interaction.

You ( and perhaps not you directly ) are a product of your environment.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by PsychoX42

Riiiight...after all, it's not like Iran was pursuing nuclear weapons in secrecy for 20 years while claiming they were not going after nuclear weapons right?... And at the end they had to admit they had been working on obtaining nuclear weapons for almost 20 years...

After all, Iran has not given any sort of aid to Hezbollah, Hamas, and Islamic Jihad, among others...

did you not see the picture i posted, i wouldnt be surprised at all if they have been doing so many years in secrecy.

and please if you dont want to say his name(why?) because you cant bother pronouncing another cultures name?

you know that western culture's names would be difficult for middle east to pronounce also, don't you?

and please stop trying to sneak in insults
so please stop being foolish

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
By posting images of a particular person and purposely creating an abstract interpretation does not benefit the picture.

in some circumstances you may be correct. but look what circumstances we are in. look at where we are now, compaired to where we have allegedly been in our histories, and the histories that nations keep?

Mahmoud does not agree that our history happened the way we portray it to our children, and teach it in our schools, schools from more than just one nation. he says certain things never happened the way we are led to believe they happened.

i'm not trying to desicrate this man's heritage or his image. i'm sharing possible humorous images to lighten the mood a little bit when we are discussing matters that lead us to focus on, and participate with, a possible negative outcome to an escalating situation.

if we fall into a pattern of focussing on what "they" want us to focus on, instead of the bigger pictures, then are we being good citizens, are we being fair representatives of our nations?

i'm welcome at the white house. i can go there, and i can get in.
my president is welcome at my house. he can come here, and get in.
the president of iran is welcome at my house. he can come here, and get in.

am i welcome at the house of the president of iran? can go to his home and can i get in?

it was not intention to make fun at him, or of him, just to share in the humor that exists. humor is a piece to a puzzle that denies ignorance without the synonyms of the "denying ignorance" being recognized or acknowledged as "ignoring innocence". who wants to ignore babies? that could be .... neglectful, at least. but, this is only one possible interpretation of the motto "deny ignorance".

as i mentioned i believe at least one of those pics may be doctored, but some are just cultural differences to some, maybe.

as for my personal stance on homosexuality, empathy for another of the same sex is not "gay" in a negative way always in my opinion.

and i don't believe homosexuality is a choice, not to them. but, i base my opinion on what i know of myself. and i know that even if i had every gun on the face of the planet aimed at my head, i don't think i could "choose" to be sexually aroused by another man.

so, those who say it is a choice and that they do not have this "problem" in their country, as Mahmoud has stated, then the only way he is not lying about it being "a choice" is...

at one time he has looked at another man and thought to himself "maybe". Or else how is he justified in stating as fact that homosexuality is a choice?

but, i take solice in knowing that i could be mistaken and i reserve the right to not be adamant pending further experiences and information i may learn from in the future.

thanks,
et

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Those who speak the truth welcome questions.

Isn't that the truth!! This wonderful point illustrates quite well the reason certain people quickly quiet or smear those who speak the truth or at the very least say something counter to them that makes as much if not more sense. If you speak the truth, no one can ask any question that will make you look like you're distorting facts of just plain dumb.

Makes me think of a certain news outlet that is continuously kicking people off the air, outright telling them to "shut up", and constantly interrupting them. This is a tactic to divert attention away from the truth/common sense that is being spoken. The person quelling the debate usually knows that they have either been caught in a lie, realizes they didn't have their facts straight, or that the other person's claims make more sense.

I could see this happening with Obama and Ahmadinejad. People can say what they want about the guy but everything I have ever read about what he says is right in line with what A LOT of Americans think about our governments actions here and abroad.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

i'm welcome at the white house. i can go there, and i can get in.
my president is welcome at my house. he can come here, and get in.
the president of iran is welcome at my house. he can come here, and get in.

am i welcome at the house of the president of iran? can go to his home and can i get in?

The more you talk, the worse it gets for you which is an evidence that you are neither a scholar, nor a writer.

You suck at both.

Watch your logic:
1. i'm welcome at the white house. i can go there, and i can get in.

You are making plans to visit Washington D.C. There is no greater place to make arrangements to visit while in the city than the White House. Located at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, many great leaders have visited and lived in the home. Being that it is still in use today and must protect the United States Commander in Chief, it is not as easy as buying a ticket at the entrance and being set loose. The following will guide you into the White House free of charge.

Read more: How to Visit the White House | eHow.com www.ehow.com...

2. my president is welcome at my house. he can come here, and get in.

Good for you.

3. the president of iran is welcome at my house. he can come here, and get in.

Your house, but not all Americans.

4. am i welcome at the house of the president of iran? can go to his home and can i get in?

Same as number 1

Do you see?

I don't see.

Do you think you can get in the white house, in the same fashion the president can get in your house? How easy it is for the president to get in your house, so why is it so hard for you to get in his house?

It just proves your thought process haven't matured yet.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by tristar
By posting images of a particular person and purposely creating an abstract interpretation does not benefit the picture.

in some circumstances you may be correct.

I guess, you're functional comprehension of my response is clear. Then again i acknowledge the random comprehension but that should not or can be dismissed as your or my motives regarding the topic hand.

peace

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Translators translate words. They do not provide cultural motif and religious doctrine.

Bonjour does not mean Hello, no matter how many times you've been told that it does.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Why is it that you ALWAYS make claims like this without even doing proper research? EVER?...

You really need to start checking things before you make claims which are false...

On November 10, 2003, the International Atomic Energy Agency issued a 30-page confidential report on Iran's nuclear activities. The report, which the agency sent to its board of governors and to 20 governments, reveals that for the past 18 years Iran has secretly developed technologies for producing weapon-usable highly enriched uranium and plutonium. During that time, the report says, Iran violated its Nonproliferation Treaty obligations and falsified declarations to the agency regarding safeguards required under the treaty.

www.nrdc.org...

But of course, all of the above is not true right?....

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
We've deposed democratically elected rulers, and installed puppet dictators, COUNTLESS times in every region of the globe. It is our media that paints the pictures, and those lacking real-world experience and discernment fall for it time and time again.

Thankfully there are a growing number of people who understand that Iran is a completely harmless country that is the target of ferocious propaganda mostly created by the US and Israel. This is for economic reasons, geo-strategic reasons, and ideological reasons.

And other regimes and countries have deposed democratically elected rulers and installed puppet dictators, and created wars to expand and spread the lefttist agenda of communism, among others...

Two of my uncles who served in Cuba's communist military had to participate in the spread of the leftist wet dream of communist revolution to countries like Angola.

One of my uncles who still lives in Cuba has post traumatic stress disorder and he continuously shakes because he was a munition expert and had to watch as many of his friends died fighting wars outside of Cuba to spread "the revolution"...

Many of the people of Iran are harmless people, and they get murdered, incarcerated, hanged, and what have you and even humanitarian organizations acknowledge this... But of course someone like you does not....

Unfortunately there is a growing number of people, who like you have swallowed the "propaganda kool-aid" and believe in blaming everything on the U.S. and Israel...

But worry not, the same people who created this propaganda you believe in are in control of the U.S. now, and they are surely destroying it...

It is very convinient for the leftists to forget, or even ignore the fact that for example the vietnam war in which the U.S. participated in was started by the communist Chinese government, and their troops in their own "spread of communism around the world"...

For some time now China, and other leftist regimes have been using other ways to spread their disinformation campaign which includes blaming the U.S. and Israel for every problem in the world...and it is obvious that people like you love to drink from that "disinformation kool-aid campaign"

[edit on 2-8-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

You are one of the few people who can see what this truly is...

amazing how many people believe anything, and everything when a dictator claims "let's talk about solving the problems of the world" when that same dictator ignores and allows atrocities to occur in his own country....

[edit on 2-8-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Obama gets good will issued from Bin Laden, Castro, Chavez, Lula and others, but you think he hasn't been speaking with the president of Iran?

It's just before mid-term elections now, perhaps it's a good time for Obama to garner some display of strength, to rally the liberals and sway the confused.

If "The Chosen One" would accept the challenge of debate, there is no promise that the debate would occur. Good ole' Mahmoud could come down with the flu or something at the time of the debate. That would allow "The Worst President In History" to have his talking points for several weeks before the mid-terms. (i.e. He could spread his agenda across the air waves without debate)

IF.... everything is legitimate with the debate, and there is no set up for it; I have one question:

Where are the elected Conservatives?! And why aren't THEY challenging ANY lefties with debates?!?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
No way in hell would Obama agree to this. He would be exposed for what he is very quickly.

Iran plays politics very well, far better than the western world. Ahmadinejad would tear him to pieces with questions Obama could never give a satisfactory answer.

Ahmadinejad has spoken in the US, why hasn't Obama or Bush spoken over there?

Those who speak the truth welcome questions.

This.

Quoted for #ing truth!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Wow this is great but of course obama will wiggle out of it nothing good can from it from the stand point of TPTB he is becoming a real thorn in there side, have a good day,

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Time to drop a big bomb on this guys military and other sites that are of (high) value. Enough talking about this and strike this idiot.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Most people seem to be getting too deep into this topic. It's simple.

Ahmadinejad and Obama will debate on TV. It will be like when Obama debated O'Reilly, except this time more internationally heard.

They will both say the same things they always say.

Ahmad: "You support Israel, the devil which is causing the worst human rights violations of the world."

Obama: "You support terrorist organizations and your human rights aren't perfect either."

Ahmad: "But your human rights involve massacring the innocent."

Obama: "And you are trying to develop a nuclear weapon to destroy Israel."

Ahmad: "We have a right to use nuclear power for energy."

Obama: "We cannot allow you to continue your nuclear ambitions."

Blah blah blah. . . will go on for 20 minutes.

Then 2 months later everyone will forget about it. They're both kind of wimpy, i mean, Obama has his leash held by corporations, while Ahmad has his leash held by the Ayatollah.

If you drink tap water you'll forget about it in 2 weeks.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This is a brilliant plan--

Iran's president challenges Obama to show whether "Zionists" call the shots for the U.S. government.

If Obama says"NO", then the Zionist Illumiinati are outed!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join