It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Mother Christian Independent Submissive

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
For the longest time I couldn’t figure out how to create the introduction thread, I guess I figured finally figured it out.

When it comes to communicating, I fall short many times in expressing what I mean at the time. It might be due to being A.D.D, dyslexic and blond but I try to deny those as excuses. They probably have nothing to do with my poor communication skills.

I’m introducing myself so I can say everyone is welcome to participate in any threads I create. I say this because I’ve seen people degraded, humiliated and bullied because they communicate in a different way than what the popular thinks is acceptable.

If you communicate by posting ONLY Bible versus, then by all means send me your thee, thou’s and thy’s!

You UFO-ers are more than welcome to give your two cents worth too!
If you are the negative narrow minded type, that can’t get past negativity and or self-righteousness, all I can say is welcome and
The only thing I ask is that you don’t down grade your words for my sake. Speaking over my head with those expensive beautiful words is a good thing. It’s music to my ears, they are finer than gold , than any riches I know of.
Just give me time to decipher them and if I still don’t know what the heck your talking about, I’ll ask you to explain it a little more.

All I can say is I NEED to move forward in denying ignorance and lately it’s become harder and harder with so much hate being thrown around by all sides.

If denying ignorance is “I’m right and your wrong’ well then I don’t want to deny ignorance, I’d rather be ignorant and proud then to be a fool.

As for the title of this introduction, I think it almost speaks for itself…..ALMOST!
Yes, I am woman. Yes I am a proud Mom. Yup I’m one of those whatchamacallit Christians
although I think it’s ignorant to put us all in the same basket!
Independent: I prefer to do my own picking and choosing when voting.
As for submissive, that’s just another word to describe my personality. Being submissive doesn’t mean someone is weak, it means they tend not to lead as much (imo). Having owned three successful business in the past I can lead and lead pretty well too but it’s just not my preference.
As for [snip]well, yes, I’m a [snip] to one man and one man only and only after there is a lot of trust in the relationship which takes time.
I added that part because I feel it will tie in to some of the topics discussed here lately. Maybe I think it’s ok to treat my Man like a King, to allow him the final decision maker if he feels it necessary. Real submission is given not forced. I say this to say although one might think I might agree with some cultures towards women and their roles, I DO NOT AGREE WITH FORCED SUBMISSION.
There is more to me than those labels and there is more to everyone else then the labels given to them by the inferior minded people here on ATS. I’m not beyond growing or adjusting my mindset and I hope I never get stuck in that horrible rut!
So just because someone might not accept me for who I claim to be at this time in my life, I’ll try not to hold it against you. I strive to be honest and fair but certainly not perfect.
Best regards,
Liberty
This was written in the hopes that I move forward in a positive direction and continue to learn from the different yet incredible people here at ATS who truly do try to stay focused.

Mod Edit - Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

[edit on 3-8-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
You're not a [snip]
Although you can act [snip], but that's a different thing entirely.

This is my personal preference with my wife..although i wouldn't be very fond of it, if she was an actual [snip]
The fact that we have been married 22 years, and have enjoyed total fidelity in our relationship goes to show that one can act like a [snip]without being one.

Mod Edit - Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Actually thats what I mean, you said it better

Wow, 22 years, thats incredible! Good for you two! There is nothing more precious than two poeple committed to each other and sharing all life has to offer building memories.
Keep the fire burning, the secret, is not to take each other for granit for too long of a time.
I wish you another 22 plus years full of love and adventures!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Welcome,

What a great introduction. I'm glad you figured things out well enough to start joining the discussion. I look forward to seeing around.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Is your sexuality really that integral to your person that you require wearing it as an introductory badge?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

Hey Liberty.
It's about time you made a proper introduction to us!!!

So now here is a proper welcome!

Welcome...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I guess there is a topic to Introductions now and I went off it, so I will attempt a welcome again. I am very much looking forward to hearing more about this submissive[snip]and unique ways of communicating.
Welcome to ATS, where perhaps the biggest challenge you will find in denying ignorance is people coming out-of-the-blue, unwarranted, and unfounded personal attacks. However, ATS has a crack team of moderators who are always fair and balanced, which is part of what makes ATS such a great place to post.

mod edit - Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Would you ask that if I claimed Pro-Choice, Gay and proud of it, Reptilian, Atheist, I have nothing to hide nor do I anything to be ashamed of

Sometimes I'm sensual and sexy, other times I'm focused and drooling adn sexy
then other times I'm silly, playful and sexy, but all the time, during that time (day or night, regardless of location) Im genuine and respectful to the one I love and trust.

Im not ashamed, why should I be?

Best regards,
Liberty

[edit on 3-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Is your sexuality really that integral to your person that you require wearing it as an introductory badge?

I would say so. She took the time to put it in the title, and went on to explain it further. Do you have a problem with somebody identifying intimately with their sexuality?

Let me say WELCOME!! And thank you for the honesty and insight. That might be the best introduction I have ever read.

As for those (not just Aeons) that are keying on one 4 letter word, let me remind you that sexuality is the driving force behind the propogation of our species. It is our #1 instinct and primal urge, and most species will sacrifice their very life to fulfill the mating instinct. Plus, our OP also mentioned that she had owned 3 businesses, was a mother, and a very loyal and dedicated mate. There was a whole lot more to her introduction than just 2 letters and 2 stars.

I don't think she struggles to communicate either. Maybe she's a little too self-critical, because that introduction was well worded and communicated her points very well!
The goal of any communcation is to get a message across, and I think her message was delivered very well.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

What's that I smell???

Could it be jealousy?

Is her sexuality that much of a problem with you that you have to attempt to question it?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

My thread will always be open to you Luc.

Wiggles and giggles.
Make love not war

edit to practice what I preach.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

getreadyalready, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for what you posted. If there is one thing I wish to be it is to be an open and honest person more importantly to myself.

ATS seems to allow transparency, even encourage it, thats why I felt it was ok to speak freely.

Again, thank you.

Best regards,
Liberty

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
A very big welcome to ATS. Woman you got some 'balls" to state your feelings as well as you did.

I agree with you 100 per cent. A real woman has many roles to play in her lifetime. You have to work hard to play each role to perfection or the whole family goes off tilt.

Oh, those expensive words you speak of, well there is a program you can install on your computer that will make your words sound as good as a Harvard Lawyer. You don't need it. Your message comes through loud and clear.

Please do me the honor of allowing me to be your friend. I've got your back....keep the good threads coming. You are an inspiration to me.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by dizziedame]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Welcome sweetliberty!

I too have been on the site for a few months and have yet to make an introduction. I find your's a breath of fresh air! (now I have to wait awhile to make my introduction, 'cause, gawh, how can I compete!)

A Woman Mother Christian Independent Submissive & sexy to boot! That is a wild and crazy combo my friend! It's good to see someone proclaim it and not be ashamed. And there is really nothing to be ashamed of, although I believe some would have you think that.

By the way~ Love the avatar!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I'm sorry. I still didn't give you a proper welcome, because I forgot to tell you who I was. Well, please allow me to introduce myself...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Ah, Hello OutKast Searcher thank you for posting. I tend to sway to the side of a lack of understanding more than jealousy or just plan ol spite

This morning I came back to this thread attempting to edit it but I couldn't. I was upset with myself all night at work for being so open on the introduction (thinking too much of what someone else might say
)

I'm glad it wouldn't allow me to edit it. Im not a coward and I shouldn't have allowed myself to worry about what others might think.

Thank you for your support, I needed it.

Best Regards,
Liberty

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
Welcome sweetliberty!

I too have been on the site for a few months and have yet to make an introduction. I find your's a breath of fresh air! (now I have to wait awhile to make my introduction, 'cause, gawh, how can I compete!)

A Woman Mother Christian Independent Submissive & sexy to boot! That is a wild and crazy combo my friend! It's good to see someone proclaim it and not be ashamed. And there is really nothing to be ashamed of, although I believe some would have you think that.

By the way~ Love the avatar!

I send you a BIG HUG and a BIG WELCOME to ATS OneisOne.

You may encounter some real hard core "meanies" on here and their bite is so freakin bad it might hurt but my suggestion is for you lick your wounds and keep coming back.

Now it would be remiss of me not to mention, there are bazillions more kind hearted and helpful people on here then the ladder.

If you make a mistake, own up to it, learn from it and (lick your ego wounds) and forge ahead! Thats an order

Im here if you have any questions but I will forewarn you, we would be the blind leading the blind, lol.

When your ready to introduce yourself, please let me know, I would be happy to help you in anyway I can but I have a feeling you don't need any help on that.
Did you know you could ask to be adopted? Mr. Lizard adopted me, which reminds me, I have some ATS homework to do.

Good luck OneisOne

Kind Regards,
Liberty

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Aww, thanks sweetliberty. I await your facts or your apology or your proof via U2U is fine.

[edit on 8/3/2010 by ~Lucidity]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join