It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare for more UFO sightings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Prepare for more UFO sightings

www.china.org.cn

Professor Stephen Hawking warns us not to attempt to contact aliens, but in the last few months throughout China, it might appear as though aliens are trying to contact us, as several unidentified flying objects (UFOs) have been spotted
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
So there you have it, 2011 and 2012 are UFO years. To optimize your chances, the professor recommends July and August as the best months and viewing after 10 p.m.

www.china.org.cn
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod edit: long sequence of "." deleted, it was affecting page layout.

[edit on 4/8/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

A hand-drawn picture of the UFO observed in Sichuan in July 1981. The UFO was spotted in 14 provinces.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I have to say that this isn't exactly ground-breaking news, but interesting none the less. One thing though, in the last half of the article they list three important sightings in China. But why do they use a sighting that took place in 1994, when the article tries to state that years ending with 1, 2 or 7 is UFO years?

I thought the sighting in 2007 was the most interesting, but can't seem to find any info of it. Anyone that knows where I could find some additional info on that?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by omega.13

A hand-drawn picture of the UFO observed in Sichuan in July 1981. The UFO was spotted in 14 provinces.

looks like a failed missile test

im sure people were testing missiles in 1981, most probably china themselves

just like the norway spiral

[edit on 2/8/10 by Smiler74]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by omega.13

Hmmm...curiously familiar.

Now...where have i seen something like that before...as if i need to ask!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Smiler74

Yeah, a failed missile test.

That probably explains the hundreds and thousands of neolithic spirals identical to these modern 'missile tests gone wrong images, carved around the world too.

Neolithic missile tests gone wrong...of course!How could it be anything else?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Hmmm...curiously familiar.

Now...where have i seen something like that before...as if i need to ask!

yeah i think that one is debunked just by looking at it !

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by rasalhague

I think they are saying those years have significantly more activity, rather than sightings only occurring in a given year.

Sightings happen every year, but some years seem to have much more activity than others.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Omega.....

I've posted about that extensively.

It was a classified failed missile test of a new Chinese missile.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by rasalhague

I think they are saying those years have significantly more activity, rather than sightings only occurring in a given year.

Sightings happen every year, but some years seem to have much more activity than others.

Yes, some UFO researcher also mention that, they have season. Weird but thats what the guy said, in my area its 12 years interval wave I think.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I've already spotted what i think were UFO's a few weeks back... one red, the other 2 were white.... very high up and no flashing lights which planes have on a clear nightsky!!

For some reason i was pulled to look out on the balcony those nights... strange but true and no i have no evidence as i don't have a telescope connected to a camcorder plus they were way too high in the sky for me to get a great shot anyway.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
this year i have seen alot of things in the sky that have been moving and they are not satellite

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smiler74
looks like a failed missile test

im sure people were testing missiles in 1981, most probably china themselves

just like the norway spiral

Its not a failed missile test and the Norway Spiral was not a missile test either.

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

You can post as much as you want, it doesnt make it true, it only makes it your opinion.

Single Spiral - Single spiral signifies the ethereal energy radiating out or inward, depending on how one perceives it. It symbolizes growth, birth and expansion of consciousness. The spiral even stands for letting go, surrender and release. Single spirals are also symbolic of natural progress.

Celtic Symbols and their meaning

Celtic Design: Spiral Pattern.

Newgrange

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

do you have any proof or evidence that they weren't the thing that makes the most sense or are you just making a pointless post?

Edit, ah nice edit

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Frakkerface]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frakkerface
reply to post by Copernicus

do you have any proof or evidence that they weren't the thing that makes the most sense or are you just making a pointless post?

Edit, ah nice edit

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Frakkerface]

Thanks.

I wouldnt say this is evidence that the Norway spiral was meant to be a symbol of exactly this. Im just offering the knowledge that the spiral has great symbolical significance for consciousness.

I also found a page saying it was a occult symbol but cant find it again...

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
another link
news.asiaone.com...

Wang made the forecast under recently-heated speculations about UFOs, as some unidentified flying objects have been spotted in several Chinese regions of Zhejiang, Hunan, Chongqing and Xinjiang since last month.

A UFO spotted in Zhejiang's provincial capital of Hangzhou even disrupted air traffic over east China for an hour in early July. Some media reports guessed the UFO might have been a private aircraft, because of the increasing number of privately owned aircraft.

Yet Wang hinted the possibility of aircraft from outer space, based on "the possible existence of 2.5 billion planets with possible civilization and advanced technology in the Milky Way Galaxy, among which the earth and its civilization are merely at a primary evolution stage," said the Guangzhou-based newspaper.

As for what British cosmological physicist Stephen Hawking claimed about aliens in April this year, saying "an alien encounter could have bad consequences for humans and Earth had better watch out," Wang called it too early to make a conclusion.

Wang also urged scientists to design and create more advanced and agile telescopes in order to observe the unidentified flying objects that usually turn up on occasion, often for only seconds at a time.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Omega.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

even if it were a Chinese missile test, why do you believe that explanation?

[edit on 8/4/2010 by JPhish]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
Single Spiral - Single spiral signifies the ethereal energy radiating out or inward, depending on how one perceives it. It symbolizes growth, birth and expansion of consciousness. The spiral even stands for letting go, surrender and release. Single spirals are also symbolic of natural progress.

Newgrange

The referenced pictured, however, is not of a single-spiral but of triple-spirals, specifically the Newgrange passage mound entrance stone.

Very little is known about ancient Celtic spiral symbolism, as they had little in the way in written records. The interpretation you cite is a wholly modern one, based on the "intuition" and "feelings" of the interpreter, rather than any historical knowledge. The website you lifted the interpretation from says as much.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish

Omega.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

even if it were a Chinese missile test, why do you believe that explanation?

[edit on 8/4/2010 by JPhish]

Did that even make sense in your head? So even if we KNOW it was a missile test we shouldn't believe it? Talk about taking paranoia to a whole new level.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe in extraterrestrials. But... there is plenty unidentified objects out there without having to involve mundane sightings such as missile tests.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join