It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Northwoods

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I have heard some information regarding 'Operation Northwoods' in which the Amercian government would attack its own people and frame it as the cubans to start a war with them.

And then Kennedy rejected the idea.

However, if this was proposed, do you think its possible 9/11 was used in the same manner to start a war with Iraq (war on terror)?

Rynaldo

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Yes it is something I have considered myself. It is interesting that Kennedy rejected Northwoods, a proposed CIA plan, and said he would "smash the CIA into a thousand pieces" and he was dead within 6 months.

I do believe that 9/11 was carried out by the government as a method of justifying subsequent wars around the world under the guise of 'defeating terrorism.'

Also the government may have used 9/11 as a method of uniting the population against an outside threat as anyone who has read Machiavelli will know that a country is only truly stable when united against an outside threat - people do seem to have become much more patriotic in the US in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
I have heard some information regarding 'Operation Northwoods' in which the Amercian government would attack its own people and frame it as the cubans to start a war with them.

And then Kennedy rejected the idea.

However, if this was proposed, do you think its possible 9/11 was used in the same manner to start a war with Iraq (war on terror)?

Rynaldo

Cheney and Rumsfeld pulled Northwoods off the shelf, dusted it off and put it into play on 9-11. They needed a pretext to invade Afghanistan. Despite what everyone says, the plans to do that country were in the works long before 9-11. It was about the Caspian pipeline deal. Anyone who wants to know more about that should go to www.copvcia.com They have an excellent archive relating to 9-11 and the causes.

Forget about what the media TELLS you. They're partners in propogating the official line, which is complete nonsense.

Remember the DC Sniper case? STRAIGHT OUTTA NORTHWOODS. What would the motive have been? To weaken or do away with the Posse Commitatus act.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply Eddie999

I think it is 'Icke' who uses the term "problem, reaction solution" model which fits into some of the major events/attacks that happen these days.

Does make you wonder though

Rynaldo

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
www.gwu.edu...

this is the official northwoods memo, obtained by the national security archives at gwu.

among other things, it details a plan to fake a commercial airliner crash, making it look like it was shot down by cubans but 'switching' planes at the last minute. i've read in some sources that this is a theory as to what happened with the plane that hit the pentagon. not sure if i believe that, but hey... they planned it in the 60s... who knows where it got to now?

read the document above. i guarantee it will make you think.

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Subject line -
"Justification for US Military Intervention in Cuba"
(But you can replace Cube with Afganistan, Iraq, Iran, Syria, N. Korea....)
Justification??
Page 2-
"World opinion, and theUnited Nations forum should be favorably affected by developing the international image of the Cuban government as rash and irresponsible, and as an alarming and unpredictable threat to the peace of the Western Hemisphere."
Gee, how would they do that? Through control of the media perhaps?
By lieing to us on a massive scale?
Page 7-
"A series of well coordinated incidents will be planned to take place in and around Guantanamo to give genuine appearance of being done by hostile Cuban forces."
Page 8-
"We could blow up a US ship in Guantanamo Bay and Blame Cuba."
"We could develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington."

Boy I could just go on and on, there is so much good stuff in here, but you simply must read page 10 for yourself.

So anybody that says "there is no way 911 was an inside job." or "our government wouldnt plan/attempt anything like 911" anybody that says that is either lieing to you, or they just havent done their homework.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
i think george bush purposly let 9/11 happen so that he could get control of iraq's oil and start a war with afghanistan and this would then leed on to the war in iraq! now he has all the oil under his control!!!!!!!!!!!!! The reason this is happening is because someone wants control over the oil and who ever has control of the worlds oil can control the world!

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This document is an enormous smoking gun. Funny, people that think we're kooks (some of us are) are usually silent when shown Northwoods or they just brush it off like is doesn't matter. I guess phony pretexts for what could end up as a nuclear war isn't really that important.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
What it still bothering me is that the terrorist pull the 9/11 so well, but after that nothing else happened, I mean for people to be able to come to this country and do what they did, it has to be more than that, it has to be a lot more to that attack, how come not more attacks has been done? The terrorist have not problem doing things in other countries, Right?

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
9/11 = is Operation Northwood all over, what gets me is no one is investigating who it was that invested in the �PUT� options on United and American airlines.
If that were done you would see who was really involved in the 9/11 debacle

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It was a good read. It got good about half way through. This is a great proposal that someone had to push a country into war. This sounds like a think tank or war inciting act.

They are speaking of creating the appearance of death, and mayhem.
In this memo, it states that they would switch the plane of "students', and no Americans would be killed. I did not read where "Actual Americans" would be killed, it was just implied. I am not condoning these acts, but I see no comparison to 9/11.

Where are the passengers of Flight 11, 93, 175, 77? Where are the firefighters and police and secrataries that died? Our gov't was trying to incite by not killing Americans then, why start now?

Compare this to the Cole bombing maybe or insurgant attacks, but no 9/11 comparos with this.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The war was about oil. DUH!
Does that make it right? Yes.
Oil drives our economy. We need it. We need to have an ample supply of the slick stuff to keep our engine running. Without it, we are a third world nation.
Until we develop a new fuel source or tap our ground - if we ever quit bowing down to the tree huggers - we are dependent on oil from the Middle East.
Who controls all this oil? A bunch of fanatics that don't like us. So we do what we have to do to ensure OUR survival and way of life. If this pisses off the rest of the world, so be it. Is it right? Maybe not. But what choice do we have?
Is it possible that Bush allowed 911? Sure it is, but i don't beeleeve it. They were attacking us YEARS before he became Prez and will continue to do so until they have defeated or until we wipe em out.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Let's not forget that to a government his peoples are nothing more than numbers and we as humans are expendable the same thing that a president can send his own people in the way of troops to fight a war knowing very well that some will die, that is how the government will see this people that die in 9/11 like casualties of war. To a president they are numbers and names that he will never get to know..

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Is it possible that Bush allowed 911? Sure it is, but i don't beeleeve it. They were attacking us YEARS before he became Prez and will continue to do so until they have defeated or until we wipe em out.

THEY were? Who is they? Terrorists? Not hardly. Look at the Oalhoma city bombing - Did that ryder truck do all that damage? Did everyone forget about the two bombs that DID NOT blow up that were INSIDE the buiding? How'd they get there. What about the former attack on the twin towers - did THEY do it? Look into that a little further that CNN. Look into many of the past disasters a little deeper than Fox News.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Rookie mistake. Never use the word "they" on a message board frequented by a bunch of conspiracy nuts. It was pretty obvious what i was talking about. There's a ball, it's bouncng, please try and follow it.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by f10869
Rookie mistake. Never use the word "they" on a message board frequented by a bunch of conspiracy nuts. It was pretty obvious what i was talking about. There's a ball, it's bouncng, please try and follow it.

Its not 'pretty obvious' what you were talking about.

Am I to gather that you believe 'they' are an elusive, shadowy terror network that is somehow able to circumvent the best intelligence agency in the world, repeatedly, and yet is always so clumsy as to leave a trail of evidence linking them to the crime after it has been commited?

Thats a fantastic tale, and quite frankly I for one dont buy it.

This thread is about operation northwoods, it was a plan drawn up by the US Government.
In this plan "THEY" say that "they" want to...and I quote....
"Start Riots near the main base"
"Lob mortar shells from outside of bae into base"
"We could develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington."
"We could sink a boatload of Cubans enroute to Florida"
(And before you start with the Cuban comments you should know that my wife is Cuban)

So tell me, which 'they' were you talking about?
Because I too believe they will keep bombing us.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
so the Cubans bombed our barracks "over there"?
so timmy v bombed our embassies "over there"?
who attacked the trade center, twice? "they" did.
who blew up a plane over Scotland? "they" did.
i bet bush had something to do with somalia. nope. "they" did.
Spain. "they" did it.
Beheadings? "they" do it.
Pentagon. " they" again.
These are just the ones off the top of my head. Seems like "they" do a lot of things to us and ours.
So, yes it was pretty obvious what i was talking about. Just because you are blinded by conspiracy theories, you refuse to see. Is how we got in this mess.
As far as your wife being Cuban. Who cares. It's a dirty, poor county ruled by an oppressive dictator. They don't even have the stones to stand up for a better life, for freedom.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

=I dont know what you are talking about here, and neither do you.=

okcbombing.org...

=twice? Maybe you havent seen the newspaper articles where the FBI admitted providing the material for the first WTC bombing.=

Spain. "they" did it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
rense.com...

Pentagon. " they" again.
These are just the ones off the top of my head. Seems like "they" do a lot of things to us and ours.
So, yes it was pretty obvious what i was talking about. Just because you are blinded by conspiracy theories, you refuse to see. Is how we got in this mess.

Seems pretty obvious that you believe everything you see on the TV news.
Are you that blinded by the mainstream media? Do you refuse to see that they have lied to you in the past?

As far as your wife being Cuban. Who cares. It's a dirty, poor county ruled by an oppressive dictator. They don't even have the stones to stand up for a better life, for freedom.

Odd, because I have heard people say the same thing about America, its a dirty, bankrupt country ruled by oppressive corperations.

[edit on 20-7-2004 by Antimyth]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
It was a good read. It got good about half way through. This is a great proposal that someone had to push a country into war. This sounds like a think tank or war inciting act.

They are speaking of creating the appearance of death, and mayhem.
In this memo, it states that they would switch the plane of "students', and no Americans would be killed. I did not read where "Actual Americans" would be killed, it was just implied. I am not condoning these acts, but I see no comparison to 9/11.

Where are the passengers of Flight 11, 93, 175, 77? Where are the firefighters and police and secrataries that died? Our gov't was trying to incite by not killing Americans then, why start now?

Compare this to the Cole bombing maybe or insurgant attacks, but no 9/11 comparos with this.

What? This makes no sense at all. No comparison? Are you kidding? Asking MORE questions doesn't negate the ones asked before those and you're new questions are trivial at best.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Spain. "they" did it.
Pentagon. " they" again.

Funny, you could be talking to us or the liars in DC with this post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join