It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the focus on USA?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Hi folks,

I often wondered about a part of the ufo conspiracy that never really made sense to me.

It basically revolves around the USA being the center of the ufo conspiracy. I mean roswell, area 51, mj-12 and all that is focused on the USA.

That in itself doesn´t bother me at all, but what makes me think is that the aliens wouldn´t choose just that one country on earth to make contact with. What about places like China, India, Russia etc. Countries that are larger or have larger population?

Shouldn´t there be at least one government on this planet that would stop the secrecy and lay it all out in the open? Why is disclosure seemingly dependant on a government of a single country?

You could argue, that the nwo basically controls the governments of the industrial countries, and therefore the politics are the same for all of the above mentioned.

But what about the less developed countries? If half a dozen ufos have crashed in the states alone, what about crashes in Africa, or eastern Europe?

I hope you get what I mean. If the States are keeping it a secret, that is fine I can understand that. But what about 150+ other countries on the planet. Is it a worldwide conspiracy to keep this stuff secret?

Thanks for your thoughts on this and have a nice day.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Nightaudit]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I think the crashes in other parts of the world are called meteorites or spy satellites.

For example the Peru thing comes to mind:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But Im only guessing. There should be parts from the ships on the ground if its crashes, and as far as I know, it has not been found since Roswell.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Shouldn´t there be at least one government on this planet that would stop the secrecy and lay it all out in the open?

I think you said it but lets say one government that runs this planet and intends to keep all secret.
Well something on them lines[Personal Opinion Only]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Well, I think you have a point there, but do you really think the NWO runs every single country on the planet?

Either way, why aren´t there more stories then about the famous crash near moscow, or the supposedly secret base near Peking?

I just don´t understand the focus on the USA. Sometimes you hear vague mentions of bases all around the world, but never something specific.

I am a believer, but could it be that the USA is simply the biggest market fpr ufo related products and that it is more fun to read about something that happened on your doorstep and not halfway around the world?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightaudit

Nightaudit.....

I reckon it's Mexico centric now, all being controlled by the biggest rubberneck of all.....you know who.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Politicians from countries all over the world have either admitted the existence of UFO's or called for their existence to be made known to the world.. For decades..

They are just told to be quiet and discredited.

If there are Aliens visiting us, while Western culture may be developed enough to deal with it, the rest of the world as a whole would not be able to handle the panic of realizing that we are so outgunned technology wise that we could be destroyed at any moment..

Think of the global economic collapse that would occur if tomorrow morning, the US or EU or UN came out with a statement about visitations or discovery of advanced aliens.. If even just because everyone took a day off work to come to terms with it.

Im not saying we are being visited or anything but logically speaking, we as a race are not in a position to easily come to terms with a discovery of advanced aliens and anyone in a position of power with decent scope of the mob mentality would realize this pretty quickly.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
It's the Vulcan scenario!

ET swung by for a second look at us after all the US Nuclear explosions of the forties.

They then phoned home and said, "There's one particular powerful state that's intent on ruling the world and killing off the population." The reply came back "Now that's change we can believe in. Get thee to their leader."

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Regardless of what you say, the kids don't want techno.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I think you ask a very good question...one that's typically overlooked by most folk with an interest in UFOs.

In my opinion the answers are complicated and interconnected.

For example, the USAF (Office of Special Investigations) has certainly been instrumental in fanning the flames of ufology and creating a smokescreen of investigations, reports, news reports and blanket denials. They've been responsible for creating the myths of Roswell (through denial and changing stories), MJ-12 (seeding BS documents through Doty and Moore) and the Dulce underground bases (Doty, The Aviary and Bennewitz) with vats full of human body parts for the aliens. In this light, they've encouraged the widespread mythologies of ufology in a way unheard of in other countries.

Project Blue Book was commissioned by the USAF and studied over 12000 UFO reports. Despite over 20% of the reports remaining unidentified, it was brought to a close in 1969. The conclusions of Blue Book were that...

1. No UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security.
2. There has been no evidence submitted to or discovered by the Air Force that sightings categorized as "unidentified" represent technological developments or principles beyond the range of present day scientific knowledge.
3. There has been no evidence indicating the sightings categorized as "unidentified" are extraterrestrial vehicles.

Since 1969, we don't what part of the USAF has kept records on UFO reports. The regular appearance of AFOSI personnel tends to suggest that they would know the answer to the questions. I strongly agree with UFO researchers who believe the USAF has bought and sold UFO myths as part of its remit against espionage and a means of cloaking their secret technology. They've been on a debunking mission ever since and encourage the ridicule that's so much a part of ufology.

At the same time, the USA is a major arms developer with missile tests, new aircraft and new technology being tested every day. From Australia, western Europe and back in the USA, they are constantly testing new stuff. Where are all the sightings of new-tech? Shouldn't there be at least one a day from somewhere? They're buried away in the MUFON database and places like that.

Genuine UFOs are out there, but are there as many as we think there are?

Combined with the undoubted influence of USAF, we also have a culture of UFO groups in the US that goes back to 1950. From that point on, people would discuss sighting, take clipping from newspapers and engage in a loose network of like-minded folk that crossed the USA. If people had a sighting, they could report to UFO groups like NICAP, APRO and any of hundreds of others. Likewise, newspapers ran the stories in the front pages until the 60s. Many, many books have been published from fringey BS to credible efforts. Hollywood jumped on the bandwagon and churned out hundreds of 'Mars Attacks' type movies. UFOs became cultural and particularly specific to the USA. Not limited to the States, but definitely more focused there.

The point I'm trying to make is that the USA is uniquely placed to have the perception that UFOs are focused there. They have the media, the UFO groups and intelligence/military agendas fuelling the flames. If we consider other large nations like China or India...they don't have the culture of UFOs or the infrastructure to report them. There might be just as many UFOs in their skies over a year, but would they consider them as 'UFOs' and how would they report them if they did? Perhaps the same applies to the continent of Africa? Since the death of Cynthia Hind of UFOAfrinews, to whom would anyone report a UFO if they thought they'd seen one? In Russia, we have plenty of reports of sightings, but I'm not aware of any particular organisation that they can report to and that will add to a database. Their Cold War secrecy has left little or no evidence of UFO activities. Given their position as a major weapons developer, it's inevitable they would have a large amount of people seeing UFOs in the population.

Looking at any world UFO sightings map, it isn't just America that has so many sightings. There's a distinct clustering effect across the English-speaking western countries...Australia, Britain, France, Germany etc. Coincidentally(?!), countries with USAF bases in the region seem to have more sightings than elsewhere. There's a current upsurge in South and Central American countries reporting sightings. Based on the UFO accounts of the 50s onwards, I think the increase in reports is a reflection on improved organisations to report to and a large media interest. Also, the militaries of Peru, Argentina, Brazil and Mexico (off top of my head) admit to their citizens when incidents occur. I think they've always had a major presence of UFOs, but the reports are just becoming organised and logged.

To bring this 'too long' post to a close...the USA is likely over-represented in the UFO reports league and other nations are under represented. There's a hundred reasons why...not least the activities and BS of the military-industrial complex and the USAF.

PS. I've flagged this thread and flagged your other one too. A couple of years ago, I had the exact same idea and looked everywhere to see what 'swamp gas' looked like. Couldn't find anything at all!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The USA has a strong interest in the world believing that they are in contact and trading technology with aliens. It's a bravado thing and think about how it looks to, say, Russia or China, if there are reports of alien tech being used in the military. Look at some of the rumours....they have secret tech that is hundreds of years ahead of everyone else....you think that's being banded around for no reason other than to fuel paranoid ATS members?

UFOs have more to do with politics than most people care to imagine. But that's just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Says who? You?

Can't you read?

The picture clearly says so.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
i've seen people who live in roswell, they want to believe a little too much.
it's those few americans that made ufos an american thing.
but if it makes them money i say go for it you crazies.
some documentaries really surprise me on how people react and live to this ufo culture. some are good to watch for the facination and interest based around science and ufo theories, others are funny because they are full of mad people.
wheres my foil hat?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
reply to post by Whine Flu

Says who? You?

Can't you read?

The picture clearly says so.

Well the picture is WRONG!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Now if you were traveling to a strange new world and wanted to make contact, or at least observe the planet, wouldn't you pick the strongest and most advanced country to "represent" that planet?

Since we became "THE" major player on the international scene, we have led the way in almost EVERY category from food production to technology and beyond. We as a nation have dropped the ball lately but we still rule the roost so to speak, no?

There is the answer you have been searching for as to why the aliens have such interest in the United States.

Or maybe they have been sizing up the country they feel will put up the most resistance when the invading forces arrive.

Dorian Soran

"A quote taken with a grain of salt makes the truth go down a little bit easier"

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
A big THANKS to Kandinsky for the very informative post. There is a lot of good stufff in there, that made a couple of things clearer.

It helps to understand why the ufo phnomenon is more popular in the states than in other countries. A wide spread interest in the population plus the help of organizations like mufon and a variety of active authors and researchers definately play a big role here.

But what about the government (and above) level. I am thinking about the possibility of a ufo crash that happened out of the reach of nwo/cia/nsa etc.

I was mainly thinking about the fact, that everybody is wating for the USA to disclose the fact that aliens / ufos exist. But it would be sufficient if for example Simbabwe came along and confirmed that they found a ship somewehre in the desert in 1974 that clearly was not of earhtly origin.

Maybe a bad example but I guess you catch my drift.

Edited to say that kids definately do not want techno

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Nightaudit]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

If there are Aliens visiting us, while Western culture may be developed enough to deal with it, the rest of the world as a whole would not be able to handle the panic of realizing that we are so outgunned technology wise that we could be destroyed at any moment..

To be honest i think the opposite would be the case. western culture is least likely to be able to handle it, and even then for the most part we would still be able to handle it. It's only the markets that would take a hit (hooray for that). Share price does not affect the solvency of a company only it's vulnerability to take over. Life would go on and hopefully only the bankers would be jumping out of sky scraper windows.

Most of the 3rd world would have little problem with it because their individual lives and livelihoods are not so dependent on the Financial industry and the economic activity of their governments whether in a free or dictatorial society. Not only that, but those parts of the world already know they are outgunned by the West let alone by aliens. I think most of the 3rd world populations would see the arrival of aliens as a blessing and the beginning of the end of the unfair way the anglo-american empire rules the world.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

But what about the government (and above) level. I am thinking about the possibility of a ufo crash that happened out of the reach of nwo/cia/nsa etc.

Well we know about Project Moondust and can read the FOIA documents over in the Black Vault website. It was one of several projects that focused on either retrieving 'space debris' or getting reports and photos of the debris. Moondust involved contact with many other countries and a team on stand-by to recover anything that was considered interesting or American in origin.

There are many claims of crashed saucers across the USA. As a landmass, it's not even the largest so the odds of so many 'crashing' seems improbable. One that allegedly occurred in South Africa was shown to be BS by Cynthia Hind. Others too, have been revealed as hoaxes. I'm not a great fan of crashed UFO stories because they're so inconclusive.

A lot of conspiracy hogs have an idea that a US special team can know immediately if a UFO crashes and can waltz into any country on Earth to take it away. That's obvious BS in my opinion. I'd say it's 'finders keepers' if a UFO crashed

ETA: Kids do want techno and they want two letters of the alphabet while they're at it...

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Kandinsky]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
What 'focus' on the USA? o_0

Didn't the Poms just release decades of once top secret, UFO-related military transcripts? I thought Russia had even more damning accounts of UFO phenomenon that the US... Tunguska?

And if there is a seeming agmination of States UFO incidences, it's likely more attributable to the fact the country was the media hub of the world until a decade or two ago. Not to mention the Yanks preoccupation with militarization.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
Well the picture is WRONG!

Yea..

This kind of retardedness is the reason I rarely come to this site anymore.. Almost forgot.

Cheers for the reminder.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I often wonder if it isn't because we Americans have the loudest voices. What I mean by that is we are very vocal in our demands to know what is going on in the world. If we are told "Nothing!", then we become even more vocal in our demands to know the truth and lasso everyone who will listen into our quest

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join