It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clone farm's milk is on sale

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Meat of cloned cow offspring in UK food chain, FSA says

BBC

It's getting worse...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

But its showing what can be done, perhaps, and even so, perhaps keeping a certain strain going that would resistant to some diseases, I'm not sure the reason for a cloned cow. I would like to see specific cloning down that grows only the organs we need and produces protein, without producing a whole being, advancements for health and to make a cruelty free world.

Not sure why they selected to have cloned cows at this point. Perhaps to introduce cloning itself for acceptance, by those who don't understand scientific advancements.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Seventytwo

Did you watch the movie Food, Inc.?

The writer Michael Pollan appeared before Congress beseeching them to not allow cloned meat into the market without a label stating such. It was fought vociferously because the public would be unduly "alarmed" at the implications of such.

As for the safety of cloned meat...

Look up all the health problems associated with GMO seeds and foods.

And cloned meats are safe? Right.

Buy fresh, buy local.... doubt you will find a cloned animal from your local farmer or farmer's market.

World hunger and scarcity is being brought into fruition by the lovely GM seed corporations who are killing the poor world farmers with their GM seeds, making it so that the poor farmers of the world much purchase seeds and pesticides every single year, instead of purchasing open-pollinated seeds as they did for generation after generation before, whereas each year they could save some seed from the crops. Big Business brought in their progressive ways, and with it, they bankrupted the world's poorest farmers and polluted the fields with their toxic pesticides.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
you will all turn in to Cows?
not sheep?

it is only a clone.a copy.
if it was GM
then you should go mad!
MoooOOO!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Cloning is a fancy word for such a low-tech idea...

Cloning is not really cloning, it's simply taking DNA and injecting it in to sperm and using that sperm to impregnate a female.

When the baby is born he will have 100% the hosts DNA. He would look like the host (just like a twin) but since he is a new born baby by the time he grows up the original donor would look two worlds apart. So cloning is nothing really fascinating just a since experiment....

If they would "clone" a human, IE take the DNA from a baby before he is born and use that DNA to create a baby looking like the original both would grow up looking like twins, wow what an achievement.. lol

Just like twins always do after a certain age they would look different, one fat, one skinny, one tall, one short, and they could get diseases depending on the "cleanliness" of the DNS, maybe there is a cancer in the family DNA...

In general cloned milk or meat is just like normal no difference what so ever. In nature twins are as common as human twins so big deal... Cloning is a joke.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Freedomrus]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star
What i dont understand is why they have to clone the cows in the first place?

What's wrong with the old fashioned way of breeding the animals?

Am i missing something, does a cloned cow (or its offspring) produce more milk? If so then perhaps there could be a case made for the practise. I expect this isnt the case though and it is a matter of scientists tinkering with nature just because they can.

If you find the perfect animal it could die, breed unsuccessfully, or simply not breed. Cloning brings perfection.

People need to stop caring about natural anymore. The clothes you wear and the house you live in are not natural. The drinks you drink are rarely natural. I would much rather drink a simulation than this nasty soda that destroys the body.

Cloning is not bad, unnatural yes, but not bad. Please stop being ignorant :-/ I could go on a rant about humans lack of acceptance..

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Bear Man
If you find the perfect animal it could die, breed unsuccessfully, or simply not breed. Cloning brings perfection.

Boss, you sound like a Borg out of Star Trek - Ive got to respect that!

People need to stop caring about natural anymore. The clothes you wear and the house you live in are not natural. The drinks you drink are rarely natural. I would much rather drink a simulation than this nasty soda that destroys the body.

Sure, there are man-made fibres used in clothes and houses, but i am not about to go and ingest these. At least if i choose to drink nasty soda's i can look at the ingredients on the bottle and decide for myself if i want to drink it or not. The big thing about this whole milk issue is that the choice was never given in the first place - which from any standpoint is wrong.

Cloning is not bad, unnatural yes, but not bad. Please stop being ignorant :-/ I could go on a rant about humans lack of acceptance..

I agree 100%. It's not bad but it is unnatural - which is why i refuse to accept it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join