It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Woods - The Great Awakening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I don't expect to get a huge audience for this in here, but gosh darn it, the speech is so damn good I just have to post it anyways.

Economist Tom Woods delivers an epic speech on the reawakening of America to the criminality of the Federal Reserve system and the outrageous costs of the military industrial complex.

If you've never heard Tom speak before, you're in for a treat. He's part economist and part stand-up comedian. Tom is the only economist I know that can pack an auditorium on a Friday night. His speeches are that good.

During the lecture he makes reference to a bunch of different items so I've included some related information to his speech.

Peter Schiff: Why the Meltdown Should Have Surprised No One
www.youtube.com...

Ron Paul: My Battle Against the Fed
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
"Mitt Romney is a Plastic Man who has no brain!" -- Tom Woods

Something tells me that he lost about 80% of self-proclaimed conservatives with that line!

Great video. This site needs more threads concerning people like Tom Woods.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Excellent, excellent speech. I could have watched an hour longer. He was pretty much spot on with every sentence he spoke.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
His conclusion was strong. I like the whole 'third way' bit. It is also very interesting that the Italian translation of Ron Paul's book is titled "The Third America".

Paul is a smart man, I just wish he wasn't a politician.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I enjoy listening to Tom Woods.

Thanks for posting this mneneth1.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

yeah he's definitely one of my favs.

I've got a whole series of Tom Wood's lectures on my blog.

Most of these are fairly obscure videos that haven't been promoted so you might not have seen these.

fascistsoup.com...

[edit on 3-8-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
That was one of Tom's tamer speeches (in terms of political rhetoric.)

If you are looking for something a little more radical, try this on for size.

Full video:
fascistsoup.com...

Related reading:

The Constitution of No Authority
BY LYSANDER SPOONER. BOSTON, 1870

The Constitution of No Authority will probably piss most of you off. It pretty much trashes the constitution as a legal document. However, I think it’s important to read because of the thought provoking questions it forces you to consider.

Woods’s speech above revolves around Spooner’s work. I think you’ll get a better appreciation of the arguments Spooner makes after hearing Woods speak on the subject. As Woods says, the constitution is a useful tool to bash the government with even if it has no binding authority.

new topics

top topics

join