It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News of NASA's Kepler Mission discovery was a leak

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtruthGuy

Originally posted by DONNYxMC

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by DONNYxMC

so NO i cant link you to any hacked material. i cannot put people at risk to prove a point on a conspiracey forum that is really just a front for the CIA.

Why would you be putting anyone at risk, just show the evidence that you have......no names no pack drill....ok?......and a "front for the CIA"??....please tell me that you don't believe that!

Do you see that thing flying out of the window?...........that's your creditability mate......sorry, but you cannot make unsubstantial claims here, or anywhere, without backing them up with hard evidence........no offence but it's just the way of the world.

I would be putting people who hacked information at risk. sorry its not gonna happen.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_McKinnon

I could care less about my credibility on this website. this is a forum of ideas. I post here to encourage people to do more then just browse a website to find info. If you do not do your own research and hard work then nothing you see can be proven beyond a doubt in your own mind.
if you found the evidence by your own means then you would know that nothing any one says can prove you wrong. what good is arguing with some post on a thread when you havent done the work yourself? sure you can discredit me based only on the fact that i didnt show you proof. i didnt hand you a photo so it cant be true.

here is a link to get you started. i hope you spend more time researching and coming to your own conclusions then you would just attacking people who dont hand you proof.

www.google.com

Gary McKinnon also admitted to being "high on crack" and medications when hacking computers also. I just wanted to through them Gem out there.

He's not legit just some nutcase.
i agree with you. i was not making the point of his credibility but that someone as dumb as him is facing serious charges. so if someone not as dumb as him actually did come up with something they would probably disapear... may not be the case. may never get caught. but its not worth the risk for hackers to give up info on this kinda thing when stupid drugged out wanna be hackers get severe punishment.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GerhardSA
Ps...Of all these earthlike planets...how many are situated in the goldilocks zone?...because, that's actually what we are interested in

You mean where conditions are just right for life like on Earth to form? Hoping to find some humanoid beings?

Why look there at all? It's just as possible for alien life to evolve from other types of planets. It's even possible if there was an Earth like planet that was an almost exact match, if it had life it could be so different and alien, we might not recognize it.

I submit there is no good reason why we would expect life on earth like planets over any other planet.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
If NASA really sincere in their delivery, just let the camera feed from ISS 24/7 nonstop.

Heck, if this stupid website can do that why not NASA ?.

That fact alone show NASA true color and make their credibility sour.

Paid ya billions and not a single live feed ? [four letter word]

[edit on 2-8-2010 by RainCloud]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
We should get this place tidied up, we might have visitors soon!

OR they're already here.

UFO's are the real deal. I say this from personal experiences involving multiple witnesses and sightings that are even registered with MUFON.

Also, one thing Michio Kaku fails to discuss in his infinite multiverse idea (Refer to the ATS interview from last year or so) is that it is inevitable that in one many of those universes either human beings or alien beings would find ways to travel back in time and/or to other universes completely. In other words, it is possible "they" have been here forever even if we are the only intelligent world in the entire universe.

Perhaps this is why so many UFO's differ in size, shape and complexity and why abductees often report multiple types of creatures/beings.

I also believe that at certain locations on our planet the fabric between universes is destabilized by artificially high EMF's and/or geomagnetic flux over time. This corresponds to upcoming theories involving the paranormal which state that paranormal activity is higher around areas of high EMF and/or geomagnetic flux involving certain types of bedrock (particularly, high limestone and quartz deposits).

Thus, Michio Kaku's multiverse theory would go a long way explaining paranormal phenomenon and UFO's. Of coarse, you'd never hear this coming from Michio Kaku's mouth because he is adimantly against any idea of the paranormal being real. Apparently, his standpoint is that the paranormal isn't real because some people have to advocate the phenomenon in order to get the word out. But that's because none of the scientists are doing any of the work in the first place!

-ChriS

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Regardless whether or not NASA were trying to hide this information from the public pales in comparison to this discovery of hundreds of "Earth-like" planets. This should come as exciting news to everyone.

The likleyhood of life on another world has increased substantially with this new discovery and indicates that our world isn't so unique afterall. Our planet could be representative of the norm, not the exception. Anyone with even the most remote level of curiosity should be very interested in this.

I don't really care about NASA's motives because I never trusted them in the first place, it's their findings that intrigue me.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
well if you don't trust nasa now, just wait till the whole program is sent off to russia. that'll really help, doncha think? they tell us everything, i'm sure.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by StevesResearch
Regardless whether or not NASA were trying to hide this information from the public pales in comparison to this discovery of hundreds of "Earth-like" planets. This should come as exciting news to everyone.

The likleyhood of life on another world has increased substantially with this new discovery and indicates that our world isn't so unique afterall. Our planet could be representative of the norm, not the exception. Anyone with even the most remote level of curiosity should be very interested in this.

I don't really care about NASA's motives because I never trusted them in the first place, it's their findings that intrigue me.

Which discovery?......NASA claim that Kepler hasn't found any "Earth like" planets yet

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Mr Sasselov stupid presentation is to blame for this. Look at how utterly convinced people are theyve found earth-like planets. He's totally ruined this project. In 4 years when kepler hopefully confirms terrestrial sized planets in the HZ of G type stars people will say " so what? you told us this 4 years ago"

this is a complete disaster for science & astronomy.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

My point exactly

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You do have a point but what you're missing here is the reputation these scientists need to maintain too.

A good scientist with a major breakthrough will sit on his discovery and make sure all the calculations and all the details are correct before releasing it to the world.

This is what the Keplar team are/were doing, after all if they came out and said there is 200+ earth-like planets found in our galaxy, then months later after re-examining their findings and announce they were wrong, there will be A LOT of pissed off people, and not just the tin hatters, think of the investors and stakeholders who will second guess their next round of funding because the keplar guys are hacks.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR

Originally posted by Thepreye
We should get this place tidied up, we might have visitors soon!

OR they're already here.

-ChriS

I often find myself thinking that if other universal beings turned up it would all be a touch embarressing.

How many people here are actually proud of this planets history? Who at some huge party in some far of distant planet would be happy to declare I'm a human being from planet earth. You can just imagine the party music stopping and the place falling silent in horror.

Most people really want ET's to turn up to save us from ourselves. Think about that. They are almost like a Christ kind of saviour for a lot of people. Just imagine an ET turning up.

Hey look ET, we just got the new iphone and ipad. How cool are we. We pay the workers who make them peanuts and some of them kill themselves becuase of the despair but its all for the good rich people who buy them. We are so proud of ourselves.

We have trained our soldiers so well that they can fight fake wars and still think they are in a video game. How good are we?

There is a lot of people living in poverty, but to make up for that we have lots of super rich, so thats ok.

We are destroying oceans, forrests, lakes, rivers etc but we have some really cool tall phallic buildings, owned by those super rich folks.

So many on these planet seem to think we know so much. It is not until the day we all realise we all know nothing that as a race we might make some progress.

This is where you can call me nut but I believe it is perfectly possible that our closet neighbouring planets are infact heaving with life. We cannot see this because we are blind. Simple as that. We are a race of the blind leading the blind.

I actually think that the gov and Nasa are probably just more confused than anybody else with any info they are withholding. I'm guessing they are as clueless as the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

A good scientist with a major breakthrough will sit on his discovery and make sure all the calculations and all the details are correct before releasing it to the world.

No, a good scientist does as he is told by the person paying his salary, otherwise he is fired. And if he happens to disagree with his colleges about the interpretation of the findings, he is ridiculed. If he persists, he is fired and will never work in that field again professionally. Ever heard of scientific stigma or peer-reviewed articles?

You sound like you have a very positive reality view where everything is simple and clean, and people do the right thing all the time. Must be nice. Maybe thats why you dont see how information can be contained.

Obviously nothing gets released that doesnt get the nod of the boss.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Obviously not.

Hence the reason for this thread.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Obviously not.

Hence the reason for this thread.

Exception/mistake by NASA.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

what do you think is a mistake?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

NASA made a mistake releasing this information to the public.

I think you need to understand the bigger picture to believe that NASA would cover up the truths about our universe and our origins, otherwise any such claims will sound like the rantings of a madman.

So I suggest you do some research if you really want to know more!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

This information was released on the 14th June in this paper arxiv.org...

the TED presentation was 6 weeks later. So they made the same mistake twice?

No , the only mistake was letting Mr Sasselov do the presentation. Which has caused alot of confusion in the press & public due to his poor choice of terminology & speculation.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by yeti101]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Why not put NASA into the search field of this site?

Here is a starting thread for example: www.abovetopsecret.com...

But the problem with providing any sources is that you will get many people coming in and discrediting the authors and the person posting/linking to the information. Every single one of the people discussing the cover ups are massively discredited at all times, and specially on ATS.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

please read my post i edited it after you edited yours.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101

This information was released on the 14th June in this paper arxiv.org...

the TED presentation was 6 weeks later. So they made the same mistake twice?

No , the only mistake was letting Mr Sasselov do the presentation. Which has caused alot of confusion in the press & public due to his poor choice of terminology & speculation.

What is arxiv.org? Seems to be some Cornell University database of sorts?

Not really mainstream is it?

Found my answer:

arxiv.org - An Open Archives Initiative (OAI) compliant archive of electronic preprints in physics, mathematics, computer science, and non-linear sciences.

Preprints?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join