It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My First First Encounter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Hello all!

Before i begin, I would like to say that this is not one of those "cooky" aliens from another dimension/universe type of stories. This is an honest story of something that I cannot explain, but am curious about. Please understand, I am a writer, but if a story is fiction I will label it fiction. It would be a waste of my time to type out a lie this extensive. This post is meant for denying ignorance, not making up arguments. First some light background...

P.S. I do not advocate the use of hallucinogens or other drugs, but I personally have no problem with certain drugs because of the information I have gathered and presented on their benefits.

I have always been skeptical of UFO sightings. Many people are intoxicated and/or have very active imaginations which i thought may have contributed to some stories. I have also been under the impression that with every fable there lies a shred of truth. Either way, it's safe to say that my mind has been open. I just hadn't had any proof of my own until this past weekend. I do think and have thought for a long time that aliens do exist but that is another story altogether.

I was visiting my friend who lives in a very rural part of North Carolina. I will not share specifics but it was VERY rural. My friends and I came up with the great idea to go shrooming because we were bored! The friends I visited knew people who owned cow farms and we would go at night to pick em. So after a long time of walking down long roads and whatnot, we end up coming back to our truck EMPTY HANDED. There was an electric fence and some dogs and some of my friends just started to freak out. On our way back I convinced everyone that it wasn't about the shrooms, it was about the adventure. By this point my cell phone had died because I forgot to charge it at the persons house I spent the night at. All 5 of us were standing around the truck and the truck's owner just so happened to have a few PBRs in the trunk. She chose not to drink because she had to drive us back, but offered each of us one. ONE PABST BLUE RIBBON, which is virtually nothing!

As she was pulling them out, i looked up in the sky towards the moon and saw a light streak across the sky. I think it may have been a shooting star. It directed my attention to what appeared to be a light (or rather a bundle of lights close together) making circular motions really high up in the sky. it was about as bright as the moon, but a much smaller source. It definitely out shined every other star in the sky. I pointed this out and somebody said it was probably just a satellite. I told him to look at it. He saw the same motion i did. At first the truck owner couldn't see it but we pointed to where it was and she saw it. The "light" DID NOT have a trajectory of any sort. It just seemed to bob up and down and move side to side in a hovering state, directly above the cow farm we had just come from. It was really close to us. We all witnessed that it actually CHANGED positions multiple times. From the way i saw the lights and how they moved, I would say that the craft was ovular and had lights all around the "edge". It was probably spinning, which is why we saw it change position and why there was a bundle of lights. We stared at the thing for about 20 minutes comparing it to other stars in the sky, along with a set of airplane lights we saw flashing in the distance. We stayed until 3:33 AM because one of the group said that he'd heard that 3:33 was "abduction time". It seems silly now but at the time we were on another wavelength. Everyone else tried taking pictures/videos, but they all ended up cruddy. Everything on the screen is black except for the UFO which is the only thing shining on the screen (although you have to realize that we were on rural land. There were plenty of stars shining, but you can't see em in the pictures.

As soon as I'm able, I'll get the evidence from my friends and post it. Funny thing is, most of us weren't even afraid.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Can you explain what a PBR or PABST BLUE RIBBON is?You lost me on that and would like to know before i read further.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
You were out "shrooming" and came back empty handed, heads bobbing and you gathered around the truck to have a PBR beer? Ummmm.....

Just kidding, I believe that almost anywhere you go in the US you are too close to a military base to ever take any sighting as anything other than a man made object. Just my opinion and I look forward to reading more of your posts about your experience.

I have seen a few UFO's myself but I in no way, state that they are alien spacecraft. I am glad that you did not jump to that conclusion.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
It's just a brand of beer. PBR is just how most people refer to Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

Thanks, I intially thought it was an acid tab and they were looking for mushies but couldnt find any,or did they?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
reply to post by dethduck

Thanks, I intially thought it was an acid tab and they were looking for mushies but couldnt find any,or did they?

The OP says they came back empty handed but that doesn't mean they didn't find any does it?

OK, I'll try to lay off the obvious comments and stick with the subject of this post. Mushrooms!!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

Empty handed may mean full stomach and then anything is possible,right?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
HAHAHA

You guys are hilarious. But no, we didn't consume any shrooms.

We were all quite sober, especially the truck owner. But we ALL agreed on what we saw. It was REALLY freaky!

@ChicUFO

yeah, i know how people get caught up in the whole alien thing. but i think that us humans have some really advanced tech that average people don't know about. could be aliens but it's unidentifiable, so who knows right?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Pabst Blue Ribbon is a brand of beer.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Well this is one thread that got moved without reading the post, it must have been the title that got it moved to the gray area because the post is about a sighting.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I am sorry OP but any credibility in regards to your experience has now been compromised due to the fact that you mentioned 'shrooms' and PBR??? which I take is some form of alcohol?

In regards to lights bobbing around in the sky, this is becoming more and more frequent, I can only assume that either ET or man made technology is not bothering to hide themselves anymore, which IMHO is not a good sign.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

My credibility shouldn't be compromised.
I only mentioned shrooms. We never ate em. We each only had one PBR, which if you knew beers you would know isn't potent. We were all sober.

I agree that this probably isn't a good sign, but while we were staring up at it one of the people who lived near the area started talking about one of his old high school teachers. The teacher had told his class that if they ever bothered to just go outside and look at the stars for a full night, they would be convinced of alien activity.

I guess this thread was moved to Gray Area because I haven't provided any pictures or videos yet. I'll get on that.

top topics

join