It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing trend: City police cuts push for 'private military contractors' (fema)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It's in the works people. Large cities are laying off large percentages of their police force, and when crime picks up, it can be easily predicted that the National Guard OR Private Military Contractors (PMCs)will take over. FEMA is on the move.

St Louis just released information that the city is laying off 30% of their police force, and the website stltoday.com quoted:
"Rev. Joseph Tracy said he’s tired of going to funerals. And now, he suspects he’ll be going to more of them.
'It’s open field day now,' said Tracy, the pastor of Straightway Baptist Church here. 'The criminals are going to run wild.'
Gang activity. Drug dealing. Cold-blooded killing. Tracy worries that a decision to shrink the police force by almost 30 percent will bring more of everything.
The pastor voiced his concern on Friday at a raucous special City Council meeting at which East St. Louis Mayor Alvin Parks announced that the city will layoff 37 employees, including 19 of its 62 police officers, 11 firefighters, four public works employees, and three administrators. The layoffs take effect on Sunday."
www.stltoday.com...

How will St Louis react to this shortage?! Look at Detroit for that answer....

Detroit is falling apart, and the "waste lands" are patrolled by Private (corp) Military Contractors (PMC's).
www.thecomingdepression.net...

This is nothing new with how the federal government works. It is well documented that the government contracts work out so that they themselves are not reliable for violating civil rights (Blackwater/Xu). For example, it was published in the LA Times that private contractors OUTNUMBER US Troops in Iraq.. articles.latimes.com...

This is a trend that I predict will take place more and more often as the City Police face more and more cuts. It has been predicted for a long time now, and it's now taking place.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by monkeySEEmonkeyDO]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/1/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

Do I qualify as my own PMC? I mean, I really don't need the police and have my own crime prevention program where criminals get lead in exchange for giving up a life of crime.

The City Coroner's still 100%, right?

Maybe people need to realize that police are, sometimes, effective crime deterrents (when they're near) but a reactive force that is only responsive to or after a crime has occurred.

So what's the big deal here? Police in private hats or public hats. Whatever.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This is scary as hell!

The police don't even know how to follow the constitution. I could easily see a scenario of private pigs running crazy. This will go badly, quote me on that.

Not that they are the brightest bunch of individuals, but when a company starts paying peanuts by the hour to make a profit, I can see things getting out of control. Just look at the "private prisons" that are run here now. They are jailing anyone and everyone for the most petty crimes to make a profit.
Then look at how recklessly the "private" military operates. If you care to open the can of worms...(Blackwater).

We need less cops and more focused cops with an actual purpose. And for goodness sake, please buy a gun, learn how to use it, and protect yourself. Don't put your life in the hands of someone who doesn't really care if you die and won't be around until after a crime has been committed.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
rinnnnng .....

rinnnnnng ......

Thank you for calling 911
we're sorry but all contractors
are busy with other calls. If this
is an emergency please hang up
and go to our website to report
a crime. A contractor may or
may not respond within 24 hrs.

If you need an ambulance
please press 1 now. Approximate
wait time is about 30 minutes.

If you need a fire truck
please press 2 now. Approximate
wait time is about 3 hours.

And thank you for calling 911.

(click)

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The police that are left for use by the city will be guarding prisoners, delivering summons and other administrative type jobs. Patrol isn't as valuable as income generation.

When bean counters take over the decisions of any business it will fail. They see red and black and miss the gray areas that can be managed to bring unforeseen profit.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
rinnnnng .....

rinnnnnng ......

Thank you for calling 911
we're sorry but all contractors
are busy with other calls. If this
is an emergency please hang up
and go to our website to report
a crime. A contractor may or
may not respond within 24 hrs.

If you need an ambulance
please press 1 now. Approximate
wait time is about 30 minutes.

If you need a fire truck
please press 2 now. Approximate
wait time is about 3 hours.

And thank you for calling 911.

(click)

911 is already a joke, and it's only going to get worse. Next round of budget cuts, guess what goes?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Privatized police. Yep. It's coming. Wait for it. You think we have corruption now? Just wait. Think about that next time you don't support your local police, who despite obvious political and criminal corruption are at least still somewhat bound by some laws, honor, and rules of conduct. Better the evil you know...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Okay everyone, when was the last time a police officer prevented a crime against you?

As another said, Smith and Wesson are the only two cops I need.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Wait...wait!

Define crime for the good people, endis!!!

Aside from this, the thing is? You don't KNOW how many crimes they prevent or whether or not they prevent one that might have happened to you...because the crime never happen when they do their work right.

Are you suggesting we let people who perpetrate crimes just run free?

Say a criminal caught you asleep and raped you and then ran. You wouldn't appreciate the help in tracking that person down and stopping them from doing it again to you or someone else?

Would you hunt him down? Or would you just let it go because, hey, the next time they come along you might be awake and you'll shoot him?

[edit on 8/2/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Crime as defined by the endisnighe.

Crime requires one thing and one thing only, a victim. If there is no victim there is no crime.

Also, to do harm to another or infringe on their inalienable rights of Life, Liberty and Property.

As far as cops protecting me?

I will tell the story again. In California running a construction site on 55 3 bedroom homes, we were robbed about 15 times. Had a meeting with the head of robberies there and he said no extra patrols could be done.

BUT, we could hire an off duty officer to patrol the grounds.

hmmm, sound familiar? Almost sounds like a protection racket the mafia uses.

As for help tracking someone down, that I could go for. They could just point me in the right direction and forget I ever talked with them.

I believe enforcement of ACTUAL crime that I defined up there, would take care of say 50% of the police force. That way the police can actually go after real crime and corruption, especially in government.

Nope, gotta keep the police busy collecting taxes in the forms of tickets and seizure of property. Gotta keep this monstrous government running right?

I learned early that majority of law enforcement has nothing to do with protecting the citizenry.

Did you know, BY court PRECEDENT, the government has no obligation, nor responsibility to protect the citizenry?

If more people realized this, they may actually begin to wake up to the complete lie they continue to believe, that the government has no interest in helping the individual, only the collective and the ones profiting off of it.

new topics

top topics

join