It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi from London, England

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Hi guys, just wanted to introduce myself to all of you lovely ATS people, I hope I can make some kind of contribution to your forum (however small) I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to say in an introductory post, but maybe I should tell you a little about myself.

I'm a web / graphic designer, and also write a little (have only managed to sell one script so far) I also help to run a couple of night clubs in London.

I guess I would consider myself a little bit of a skeptic, but I have also had a few experiences in my life that I can't quite explain, I may talk about them later when I am allowed to start threads, I'm pretty open to most ideas.

Mostly I'm just really bored of hanging around on the standard skeptical web sites where most people seem to show a severe lack of imagination, or any empathy with other peoples experiences in life.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
You are most welcome!

May you find that you have finally found the place you have been looking for.

This is a BIG site with many opinions and views expressed along side more facts and truth than anyone can be expected to take in all at once. Shop around. Feel free to call on any staff member for assistance as the need arises.

Happy hunting!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Heya self described skeptic.

Welcome to ATS!!!

Many of us put a lot of time into the content you find here.
Hope you enjoy it here as much as I have been.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
hello and welcome to the forum

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Hey there davespanners, welcome to our humble abode ... I think you will enjoy yourself here we're a pretty mixed bunch who tend to cover the full spectrum.

Remember to enjoy the time that you spend here and beware ... however good your initial intentions ... ATS can be very addictive

Look forward to your future contributions ... see you on the boards.

Woody

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Thank you all for the warm welcome, am enjoying myself so far

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

It sounds like you are a very busy person.

You will enjoy any extra time you have, spent on ATS, as there are many different subjects to read, and always something new, every few minutes, it seems.

Welcome!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Welcome, I am new as well.. enjoy the site and share your experiences
some day some day I will go to England

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Glad to see a fellow Brit on here. Although there are a good number of us. It's not all yanks on here, which helps keep things balance.

Only one thing left to say.

'ABANDON HOPE ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE!"

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS from across the pond, although in ATSland we're all sort of geocentric, spanning the globe and denying ignorance as ATSizens never sleeping and always posting. I'll see you around davespanners.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hiyah Dave,
Greetings,
unfortunately from somewhere amerika. lol

Welcome here.
I have been for the last few years trying to get into/learn more
about web/graphic design. good stuff!
Im also kinda skeptical on many things,
but it's strange, I also am privy to some pretty "whacky" stuff.

Im open to most stuff also, well, at least I know not to discount anything simply because it sounds "too out there",
Truth really is stranger than fiction. lol
I dunno, but it will be cool to read your thoughts.
There is allot of empathy and great ppls. on these boards,
also some less than desirable 'stuff'...
but it's all good,
it balances out. lol
how is it living in london?
ive recently been having dreams about being there, for the past few months,
but Ive never really been there. lol
but when I wake up, I feel like id rather live there, than here. haha :p

Nice to be amongst you, see ya'around.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
hello
welcome fellow londoner I also recently joined after reading ATS for a while.
really friendly people and some challenging arguments.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Dave enjoy your stay mate, this place is full of kind folks, along with the meanies. This is why I love this forum. Aliens, UFO's and raging disagreements. All in a good day.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

It sounds like you are a very busy person.

You will enjoy any extra time you have, spent on ATS, as there are many different subjects to read, and always something new, every few minutes, it seems.

Welcome!

Not as busy as I would like, I just do lots of different things to avoid the whole 9-5 in an office routine but I can't make any one of them pay quite enough on their own so I try to spread my limited skills around as much as I can.

I'm usually by the computer for most of the day and into the early hours of the morning but it's worth it to not have a "boss"

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Prepare for new mind trips.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Welcome Dave

I am canadian and i have lived in England for the last 7yrs.

I have been on here a month....never lurked ...just jumped in head first and have learned a lot.

when you post you will get hammered from allsides.....but that is a good thing cause it shows the variety of opinions on here.

I have post some personal experiences and got some great responses...and thank everybody for them...the good and the bad.

dont be afraid to state your view...I think the more perspectives the livelier the discussions.

enjoy your stay here M8.....

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube
when you post you will get hammered from allsides.....but that is a good thing cause it shows the variety of opinions on here.

I have post some personal experiences and got some great responses...and thank everybody for them...the good and the bad.

I see we have already found some common ground on a thread about poo

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS... We hope you have a pleasant stay! haha...

its good to have a new skeptic join...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Hello Dave...

Welcome from a former London resident

Just wondering what clubs you help run in London. As a former creature of the night, maybe I know them?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Thanks again for all the welcoming posts

I'm going to keep quiet about which clubs, just in case I feel like bitching about them at some point

That Papa Lazarou: guy scares the hell out of me

top topics

<<   2 >>

join