It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all female ATS members, who support the ways of the middle east.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

So what, up until only to 100 years ago it was like that over here, woman in the west got the vote only in the early 20th centrury.

Only 60 to 80 or so years ago black people were lynched and were second class citizens.

It will take time for those countries to come into postmoderism.

They just dont want all the crime, immorality, and curroption that exists in the west.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
ok stop posting that time magazine picture thinking its cool to gross us out ok?
2 i would love to marry a women that lived there,couse she would atleast appretiate my goodness and blablabla,not like these kesha emo crapsters here,that i have to wair tatoos to make them like me
3 any woman that supports how they treat theyr wifes is downward retarded,they have theyr wifes like slaves,they HAVE NO RIGHTS.
sometimes i wish the position gets reversed,all muslim women come to democracy,and all our women go and become muslim women,that would be awesome

Yeah, if she had kept her nose out of other peoples business, that wouldnt have happened. I know alot of women who need their noses looking like that. If everyone didnt know any better, I would suggest to many women that they should take a vaction in those areas......the end! They would just talk......use you imagination as to what would happen after that. LOL

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Phenomium]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I am suggesting nothing save for the fact that this thread is somewhat confused as per the opening post. I think women's rights in the Middle East should be discussed, but perhaps in another thread that details the violence and oppression women face. It is just that this thread has become a little schizophrenic in its thought pattern and would enjoy discussing it in a better context.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by lpowell0627

Sure - you rape them, then they have no other legitimate way out. They can only atone by becoming martyrs for Allah. Great system.

It's about choice.

I would rather be banished from society and not able to be married since I am not of virgin status than go blow myself up for anyone or anything. Further, I would rather die by the hands of my father than willingly kill myself.

But that would be my choice.

You are using our ideals and cultures and applying them to another group of people.

Choice is choice no matter where you live.

There is a difference between gagging a woman and forcibly strapping TNT to her body and then blowing her up, versus a woman willingly wearing a TNT vest and blowing herself up because she wants to be a martyr. She chooses martyrdom over being shunned from society and/or facing the possibility of being killed by her father or brothers.

There is still a choice to be made.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

One of my dear friends married a Palestinian here in the US. She moved to the middle east about 20 years ago and has returned several times. She has had a wonderful life so far and had 5 children. None of the things you think happen to women over there have happened to her. Your fantasy won't come true.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

You assume that this a natural progression.

It is a natural progression for a cultural governance sub context that protects individuals from the group.

Most do the opposite - they protect the group from the freedoms of the individual. Natural progression of this doesn't not end up in more freedoms and less brutality.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal

So what, up until only to 100 years ago it was like that over here, woman in the west got the vote only in the early 20th centrury.

Only 60 to 80 or so years ago black people were lynched and were second class citizens.

It will take time for those countries to come into postmoderism.

They just dont want all the crime, immorality, and curroption that exists in the west.

and what brought about that reformation?

OH so there is no crime in other countries?

There are "legal" crimes against "humanity."

How does the subjugation of women eliminate crime?

[edit on 123131p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Oh - death by father in shame, or death in honour. The choices are so awesome.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
You are trying to make a moot point OP
Women in muslim countries have grown up knowing and embracing their religion and culture. Sure to us western women it may look like hell on earth, also many muslim women with american or european citizenship prefer to follow their own beliefs.

You should stop pointing fingers and accept what they stand for. People eventually solve their problems on their own.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

You should stop pointing fingers and accept what they stand for. People eventually solve their problems on their own.

If that were true we would all be living the utopian dream.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

I was wondering the same thing. Did I miss something?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
The title of this thread suggests that the OP has run across examples of ATS females supporting the Middle East actions of violence against women.

Yet here we are on page six, and the OP has failed to show us one single example of females on ats who support the ways of the Middle East.

Once supplied, we can better debate the issue.

I would also like OP to define the vague word "ways" as it applies to the topic. What "ways" of the Middle East are specifically being supported by ATS females?

As best I can tell this is the argument.

In the subset of countries in the middle east where Sharia law is strictly enforced women are treated horribly...

thus...It is acceptable to deride the Muslim religion as a whole and all of it's followers and any country that is predominately Muslim.

Anybody that takes offense to the wave of hatred and intolerance being cast upon the Muslim religion as a whole by certain extreme idealogical factions...well they should go to the most intolerant regions in the middle east to live.

Close your eyes and imagine a dinner party in Kabul where some extremist begins rambling on to his fellow guests about how all Americans hate Muslims and would like to wipe them off the earth.

A woman in attendance refutes this and explains that America is not that kind of country, they are a tolerant, accepting nation. In response the angry extremist goes on to recite the angry God of war and genocide from the old testament and explains how 80% of Americans are christians and follow the bible...he then says, if you think they are so tolerant maybe you should move your family to the rural south in the USA and see how welcoming they are? Make sure to where your Hajib when in public. Maybe try and start a Mosque to pray and see how tolerant they are?
Maybe think about how they are invading only Muslim Countries and killing only Muslims?

This OP is simply the other side of that coin...an intolerant extremist of a different flavor..but same pile of BS.

Religious tolerance or calling for the same does not = hatred of women.

You can both follow a faith and denounce the way it is practiced by some.

Just because christianity has been plagued with Scandal, Pedophelia and Extremists that shoot doctors and bomb clinics...does not mean that anyone that follows christianity endorses the same.

It happens every day in the Muslim community and the Christian Community.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Wait a minute? Are you telling me there is NO LIBERALISM in Saudi Arabia?

Ya know, I never thought I'd hear anything that sounded like a relatively good idea coming out of that part of the world.

528-pound mom dies five months after birth
A 25-year-old Romanian woman weighing 528 pounds who gave birth to a baby girl more than five months ago, has died.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It's almost laughable how out of touch some of you are...Honestly I thought this was a big joke thread.

I lived in Dubai for a year and a half with my father for a work contract. It is a fantastic, beautiful place to live that is easily one of the most glamourous places I have ever seen. Nothing comes close to the lavish lifestyle of that place.

And all the stories you read about over on this side of the pond are not everyday occurences over there like you'd might think. You go over there and it's very similar to America, except most people are apparently millionaires.

I mean imagine if all the negative stories about the Western world were the ONLY things communicated anywhere else. Imagine the perception the rest of the world would have of us...We'd be worse than a 3rd world country!

A huge chunk of Dubai is even Christian. As are many parts of the middle east...But nobody seems to know about that.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
To think that the suppression of women is a Middle Eastern problem is simply delusional.

To think that the suppression of women has been wiped out in the Western world is equally delusional.

To think that the suppression of women is carried out solely by men is....stupid.

To separate the world into Middle Eastern/Western does us all a great disservice.

To talk about the suppression of women as if it doesn’t happen to men is nuts.

In 1995 my own grandmother thought it pertinent to tell me a women’s place in a relationship, just in case I didn’t know. For the record she was raised in Canada. Most would think of her views as backwards and weird.

In Canada.
In 1995.

What happened next was up to me and me alone. I smiled and nodded, but thought to myself “Over my dead body grandma. Just because you lived your life as a slave does not mean I will. I pity you, but in a way I despise you as well”. My mother was instrumental in letting me be my own person. Not a woman, not a Canadian, not a “insert group here”, but a Person.

I am fortunate enough to have found a mate that does not see me as property. I have let him know the second he treats me as property I will be gone. "Same goes for you”, he said. “Touche”, said I. (Yes, there are still men in the Canada that treat women as their property. Men who may have never stepped foot outside of Canada. And there are still women who will consent to being treated as property. There are also women who see men as property, etc... It really should not be surprising.)

What can we do about it?

The most simple thing is to let people know that they are their own person, no one has control over you. I am not talking about the government, but in personal matters. Not your parents, not your siblings, not your spouse, not your friends.

Or, we can simply ignore it and it will go away. "Tra la la, ears/eyes closed”. Which do you think is easier?

The latter is obviously easier, as some people do not like to hear that they and they alone are responsible for their action or inaction.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by worlds_away]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by fred call

You lost me.

What?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DazedDave

I mean imagine if all the negative stories about the Western world were the ONLY things communicated anywhere else.

WEEEEELL! We are the great Satan after all,

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Look, a lot of the middle east countries, and BTW other Asian non Muslim countries also, just don’t want the sexual and moral freedom of the west. They believe it has gone too far.

Crime, violence, sex, drugs on TV, internet and other media outlets they see as excessive.

Just like in this country you have traditionalist Christians like the Quakers, Amish, and even traditionalist Jews who treat their woman similiar to the way they do in Muslim lands.

So for you to singe out ONLY Midesterners as religious traditionalist is just wrong.

Go to India and see how the traditionalists Hindus treat their women.

As for crime, looks at the many thousands of male serial killers that murder woman in America?

Almost a third of woman in America has been sexually assaulted.

Look at our culture of sex sex sex

THEY DON’T WANT THAT

[edit on 2-8-2010 by inforeal]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Oh calm down, lol

I believe the west has gone to far myself, but if I started preaching fundamentalist Christianity on this forum I would get flamed.

Yet, stonings and amputations are not my cup of tea.

I am not singling out anyone this happens to be the topic and I did post about Americans and Africans if you had read my post.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I lost you? I didn't know you were following me.

Lead, follow or get out of the way.

Exactly at what point in time did you get lost? Maybe I can help you find your way again.

You don't understand liberalism? Is that what you are telling us? Les'see, how do I describe liberalism? Naw, I don't bother.

But, wait, here's a bit of breaking news that will be breaking the beaks of liberals.

Va. health care reform lawsuit clears 1st hurdle‎ - 5 minutes ago

By MICHAEL FELBERBAUM Virginia's lawsuit challenging the Obama administration's health care reform law cleared its first legal hurdle Monday as a federal ...
BusinessWeek

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join