It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all female ATS members, who support the ways of the middle east.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74
reply to post by oozyism

Did not answer me. What is your main daily source of information. Honestly want to know.

I go here, then on the search button I type the country, or the information I am looking for, then articles, and reports from all agencies are shown, not just FOX news.

This shows the latest news, and one report is shown from different agencies which makes it easier to compare, and check the credibility of the news.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
I go here, then on the search button I type the country, or the information I am looking for, then articles, and reports from all agencies are shown, not just FOX news.

This shows the latest news, and one report is shown from different agencies which makes it easier to compare, and check the credibility of the news.

That's right, everyone who disagrees with you is addicted to Fox News. You're obviously dedicated to the pursuit of truth. Enemies of freedom should be shunned, regardless of where they live or what God they worship.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Guidance.Is.Internal

That's right, everyone who disagrees with you is addicted to Fox News. You're obviously dedicated to the pursuit of truth. Enemies of freedom should be shunned, regardless of where they live or what God they worship.

Nope, those who blabber rhetorics mostly used by FOX news, I call brainwashed FOX news.

Those who just swallow what ever they hear in the news (most parts of the empire), I call brainwashed, and FOX news fanatics.

I counter rhetorics with rhetorics.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I cannot believe this drivel....!!

The OP starts a racist, bigoted thread about an issue he/she has clearly no idea about.....

Rightfully it receives ridicule and scorn (Afterall, Amerika has to be one of the most oppressive lifestyles, courtesy of the Patriot Act...) which the OP resents, which result in the OP then abusing everybody who takes "the bait..."

America is one of the Worlds Heavyweight Capital Punishers.....

American has killed countless hundreds of thousands of civilian women and children in the last 50 years...

America supports the continued oppression of Palestinian men and WOMEN AND CHILDREN thru its proxy Israel.....

....and you have the audacity to point fingers at others???

You need to tidy your own US back garden up mate before you start worrying how long everyone elses lawns are......

Your ignorance speaks volumes.....sorry, but the way you have responded to soooo many people who have come to your thread with more of a World-view than you clearly have, speaks of such ignorance that, like others before, I thought it was a joke.

I bet you couldnt even point to the "Middle East" on a map of the World, let alone point fingers in judgement.....

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morningglory

Originally posted by butcherguy
I could say the same thing about women in the USA that are beaten repeatedly by their husbands and never do a thing about it because they are AFRAID. Should I watch it happen and do nothing?

I think not, in this country it would be breaking a law.

Certainly if you see abuse you should report it. Aside from that what else can you do when a woman refuses to leave or press charges? Cops see it all the time. Should they lock the woman up for her own protection? I've known women in abusive relationships some get out but others keep returning to those same kinds of men. I don't think fear alone is what drives them.

I keep hearing about all the progressive modern muslim women well why aren't they actively helping and lending their support? Do they just watch it happen and choose to do nothing? The majority of the world hates us the ME just wants us out and Americans are tired of war. I'll ask it again what do you suggest?
Maybe because they have to do it at the risk of their lives.

And that isn't just in third world countries that it is the case.

I hesitate somewhat to ask if you have ever seen the videos of women being hung in Iran?
They use a crane, pulling the girl up slowly, and she strangles slowly.
The one that I saw was a 15 year old girl. Her crime?

She kissed a boy.

This is what some on this thread are supporting.

I am against it.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

reply to post by Guidance.Is.Internal

Nope, those who blabber rhetorics mostly used by FOX news, I call brainwashed FOX news.

Those who just swallow what ever they hear in the news (most parts of the empire), I call brainwashed, and FOX news fanatics.

I counter rhetorics with rhetorics.
And you are apparently omniscient, a godlike person who gets all of their news first-hand, on the scene, eh?

You don't need to rely on any MSM for your info?

A little hint..... They all lie(the MSM), even to you!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Did you open a new thread? Because I really do not want to discuss on this thread, which opened with a low level argument, which has already bad intentions (flag-star gathering) in itself.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

And you are apparently omniscient, a godlike person who gets all of their news first-hand, on the scene, eh?

You don't need to rely on any MSM for your info?

A little hint..... They all lie(the MSM), even to you!

Two things/

1. you can extract truth from falsehood, meaning you can extract the bullsh1t rhetorics, from actual news reporting.

2. Westerners are too busy, and too naive, you can even argue too stupid to extract the truth from falsehood. I mean common, they voted for Bush twice lol

Then Obama came, and they voted for him, as if they haven't been voting for these two in one party for the past century ^^

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I expected as much.

You are intelligent enough to know when the wool is being pulled over your eyes, most everyone else is not.

Think on this...

The MSM has been doing their job as long as they have been printing newspapers.

Their job?

To pull the wool over your eyes. They learn it in the universities, then they hone their skills under editors and producers that also learned from the best in the business.

If you don't know something first-hand, you are a fool to believe it.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
you are right, that was uneccessary and i would regard the surrounding nations as civilizations. different, yet civilzations

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

If you don't know something first-hand, you are a fool to believe it.

There is one thing believing a report, and there is another thing, believing a distorted report with distorted facts being used to create an image.

You are right that we are becoming more and more reliant oon the media and yet we claim that somehow removing FOX news or the MSM out of the equation, we can see more clearly.

We can reduce the FOG, but the uncertainly will always be there.

The whole problem is the way we are governed, unless we can figure out a new way of governance, we will never get past this issue.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by deccal

Did you open a new thread? Because I really do not want to discuss on this thread, which opened with a low level argument, which has already bad intentions (flag-star gathering) in itself.

No, I haven't as yet. If I did, then we would need to ensure the thread is framed and discussed properly. Another member made an interesting post in regards to the plight of women in Afghanistan being used as propaganda to keep the war machine going. It introduced me to some pretty disgusting things being perpetrated by the Taliban towards women.

Thread

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

If you do not have first-hand knowledge, how can you discern the truth?

Like I alluded to before, you must have supernatural powers!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
I believe the OP is suggesting we women stop long enough to walk into the shoes of the oppressed.
I don't believe he is talking about women who "choose" to live their, but how they are treated and I feel the same mentality and culture exists with them when they are on our soil.

I do not think all are of that mindset but many are.

I believe if we walked a mile in the shoes of the oppressed, we would take more into consideration before taking a stand.

Star for you - for being one of the members here actually understanding the point of the OP and not blindly and dogmatically jumping in to defend islam, or the very anachronistic cultures of of the middle east.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

Hence Credibility.

If you are gonna use the philisophical term "if a tree falls in the middle of the desert, and no one sees it, 'does the tree fall?'", then be it.

In that case, no one should believe anything, including science which they haven't experimented and proved emperically themselves.

Key word "believe".

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Hey there, it's really a long story about how I got where I am, basically been working and living with the locals, I've been in Afghanistan going on a year. Working with my Afghan brothers in rebuilding the country.

I made a reference to I feel safer over here then many streets in the states, such as in Harlem, Detroit, Chicago, etc.....Just like in the states, you have to know where to go and where not to go. What the news reports is all the negatives, there is fighting down south, I'm in Kabul where it is relatively safe. The people here are amazed at me, being an American, they respect that very much. I'm treated very well, they are very respectful of me. I just look at how ignorance people are to the facts, I admit, I used to be, but I've broaden my knowledge base. We are victims of the news stations, we see what they choose to report, cannot allow that to be taken as ground truth, most times it is not. I just wish that the U.S. had the types of values they had 60 years ago, well, that's evolution for you I suppose. Thanks and take care

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

In that case, no one should believe anything, including science which they haven't experimented and proved emperically themselves.

Key word "believe".

Ridiculous.

You'd have everyone re-run all the experiments ever done just so they'd know what to believe about the universe around themselves?

"Let's see. Not sure about a thing called gravity holding everything down. Maybe it just sucks to be wherever you are? Better run some experiments ..."

Oh, and it's "empirically" - the "i" isn't even close to the "e" on the keyboard.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by map3820

It sound like you are having an interesting and illuminating time. You are right, the media spins so much or gets so distorted that discerning fact from fiction is often difficult. I am adding you as my first ATS friend in Afghanistan! Stay safe too.

P.S. I know what you mean about a different set of morals and values. There are a lot us Westerners who could learn a thing or two.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

Hence Credibility.

If you are gonna use the philisophical term "if a tree falls in the middle of the desert, and no one sees it, 'does the tree fall?'", then be it.

Key word "believe".
Thank you for seeing the truth.

Now I do not have to send my intergalactic robot warriors to spank you.

That was a lie.

Nowadays, if you see a photo on ATS, of let's say a UFO, it could be real.Most of the time, it will be shot down as a photoshop.

What you see on tv, with the MSM, is clever editing of footage.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I hate to say this, but how many of the poster in the last couple pages are women?

Is it possible that men make excuses for the treatment of women in the middle east, because of resentment?

Would you knowingly or subconsciously like to take us back a few centuries?

I read this opinion piece today and it pretty much summed up what I see on the forum, and why some refuse to admit Islam has a problem.

Are you using mob tactics? It is obvious this is a propaganda war against the west,

submit, it's beautiful,

for the men.

www.americanthinker.com...

[edit on 093131p://bTuesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

[edit on 093131p://bTuesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join