It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all female ATS members, who support the ways of the middle east.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonwize
reply to post by jvm222

I wonder what you said before you got the off topic. Whatever it was you got 8 stars before censorship!!
Have any of you seen the old movie that Sally Field played a mother who was victimized by her Muslim husband once she was in his country. Sorry..can't remember the name of the movie. It said a lot about the treatment of women as a wives. This was based on a true story.

i said

jesus christ
go away with your nonsense

I would of added more such as things like what the OP is describing usually only happen around the fundamentalist areas where this religion is practiced and it is used as a scapegoat against the specific religion to make all muslim men look bad and be viewed as women degrading pigs. What people don't realize is that it doesn't happen as often as you think. Muslim people in general ARE peaceful people and they do not treat their women like trash like a lot of films try to portray for specific reasons to try to make the average person believe this is how muslims act towards the women in their life. Oh but wait for that one news story of something shocking and just wait to see how many feminists it attracts like flies to poo.

When i read the original post i was so pissed off and i didn't feel like adding in the entirety of fact because of how ignorant this woman is on the subject. I felt regardless of what i said to show her the truth, she would believe what she wanted to believe because that is how many people are in regards to their personal beliefs.

I'm surprised 34 people starred this thread and i can't believe it's made it to 10 pages.

In before this is flagged for an off topic post.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

You are absolutely correct. It happens all over the world.

Some Islamic countries have institutionalized the subjugation of women. Afghanistan WAS that way. There are countries in Africa that have the problem too.

I believe that when a government condones such things, it is worse than when it is a cultural thing that exists, just because the leaders of the country say, 'it's okay, do it'.

Spain and many of the countries that they colonized in South and Central America still have an existing cultural problem of the subjugation and control of women. It is not right.

India has a problem with mother-in-laws burning their daughter-in-laws with flammable liquids or acid.

The cultural aspect is more difficult to change. It requires education.

PEACE.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

never mind

[edit on 033131p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OokieSpookie

Glass houses and stones.
No more and no less.
This country has committed its own share of atrocities in its own time, hell it was founded and created on them.
"Civilized countries" need to mind their own business and worry about fixing themselves and if they someone reach Utopia, then and only then should they try and shape others.
NO answer to the apartheid question then?

OOOKay!

Neville Chamberlain minded his own business with Adolf Hitler. Thankfully everyone didn't think like him!

[edit on 2-8-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

If women want freedom from oppression it must come from within their own community on their own terms. I'm not really calling on anyone to help ME women progress. The women themselves have to take that first step. Unless they truly want help from us it cannot be forced.

If they see being a suicide bomber is the best way to serve their children and society well I guess they'll do just that. I don't see how wars or forcing lifestyle change is the answer, or blowing yourself up for that matter. Shouldn't progress impact people positively? They will go about it in the way they see fit. Does that mean after the fact we have to lend support by supplying money and aid to the oppressed victims? Any interference on our part will be met with hostility from one side or the other. We've got to leave them to work it out.

I'm not at all for forcing our version of life on anyone. On going abuse of any kind is disgusting maybe their road to freedom will be quite different. Maybe it won't happen at all but we're only making a bigger mess of things. If they believe suicide bombing is the way what can we really do about it but come home and protect our borders?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Are you a Holocaust denier?

No I was being sarcastic.
That wasn't for you, I know you better than that, I hope!

That was for deccal. I hope I don't know him well enough to have to ask that of him!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I as a female do have issues with womens rigthts across the world, I don't even consider what religion they are.

In many society's women are treated as third class citizens, and suffer through lack of freedom, education, forced marriages, genital mutilation etc., for no other reason than that they are female.

The world put sanctions on South Africa because of apartheid, yet many women in many countries are in fact living under similar conditions
as the Black people did there.

We abhor racism..rightly so...as we are all equal, there are many groups around the world who are fightng racism, with very loud voices.

Yet the female equality problem largely goes unsung.

Of course many of these countries such as Saudi are rich and produce the oil we need, we turn a blind eye.

November last year a 23 year old Somali woman was stonned to death for adultery.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Sorry for the rant, this is a topic close to my heart, and shows me that most of the governments of the western world do not give a hoot.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

If it was for people thinking your way, South Africa would still have an Apartheid government.

Some political strong-arming is bad, some is GOOD.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

LOL I know I figured it out,

Thank you,

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

If women want freedom from oppression it must come from within their own community on their own terms.

there are many Islamic women activist, and I have said many times the women have to take a stand.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I will feed this troll thread for the last time:

OP, how dare you to claim that the women in the ME have no consciousness at all? What the hell does this thread title "All female members..etc.." mean?
Do you think the women in middle east have no choice at all? Are their culture, living styles all nonsense?
I think you are listening too much or too less Lady Gaga..This is the best thing that your American Culture produced in the last 50 years.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by deccal]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Apartheid is a terrible thing, but it did not affect me nor did it affect the country that I live in.
Civilizations should be allowed to rise or crumble on their own and take their natural course.
As far as the Hitler reference, you seriously have nothing better?
If Hitler had stayed in Germany then he would have been ignored for the most part. Terrible? Sure.
The situations are not even remotely similar though so lets see you reach into your little sack and see what other sensationalist tripe you can throw on the table.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
LAST WARNING TO TROLL FEEDERS:

Look at the OP's other threads, for example: "I promise to burn the Qur'an, every year on 9/11 as long as I live"
He claimed on that thread that he is indeed trolling. Go check it.

He joined here only 1 month ago. It is clear that his only wish is to gain flags and stars to reach his "godlike wisdom", or gold contributo or whaetever..
Please stop to contribute this nonsense thread. Or please close this troll thread.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OokieSpookie

As far as the Hitler reference, you seriously have nothing better?
If Hitler had stayed in Germany then he would have been ignored for the most part.
I think we got a pretty firm grip about how benevolent and compassionate you are from the rest of this post.....

But I gotta tell ya something.

Hitler didn't stay in Germany.

Hello?

I am relating your (IMO) silly idea of isolationism in todays increasingly GLOBAL society to something that happened over half a century ago, which makes it even more impressive to someone that can UNDERSTAND it.

PS: If you want me to translate the above for you... It says "Duh".

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Looking all other thread he opened in such a qıick time, he is really the master of troll. Utter nonsense, meaninglesness, abusing the anonymity, and many people taking him serious with debating over a non-argumantative bull#, while he is laughing his ass off with popcorn at the hand and lady gaga's "alejandro" in his ears.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Just watch this movie and see if it doesn't make your blood boil.
If men are under the impression they are gonna get 72 virgins when they die, I say let's kill them all now.

Idiots.

Anyone that would do this to another human being should be taken out of the gene pool.

www.imdb.com...

Anyone that believes in a religion that promotes violence is an idiot. Kill ..Kill ..Kill... In the name of god or allah or mohamed or whoever you dolts......

OOOPPPSSS!!! That would be EVERY religion...

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!....FAIL!!!!!!!!!!

peas

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by deccal

Regardless it is an issue that should be addressed.

You seem to eager to shut down the discussion. Why?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by deccal

Regardless it is an issue that should be addressed.

You seem to eager to shut down the discussion. Why?

Because I am a muslim terorrist, who is beating his wife on daily basis. Are you happy now?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I agree but what we're doing is not accomplishing anything but causing more death and misery. What do you suggest? I think the difference is the South African people themselves desired change. They had a common goal, a movement within the people.

I really don't see muslim women rioting in the streets shouting out for equal rights for their muslim sisters. Maybe a few blow themselves up but Idk if that's a good way to protest. So this tells me either the problems are no worse than the abuses that go on in this country every day or muslim women are denying it.

On the one side we have people crying over abuses/oppression and others proclaiming how progressive ME women are. Which is it? At this point I'm not sure what to think.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OokieSpookie

Civilizations should be allowed to rise or crumble on their own and take their natural course.

But we are very connected now, and what effects one strand of the web effects the whole web.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join