It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all female ATS members, who support the ways of the middle east.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

Exactly!

Christians would be foaming at the mouth if I showed them a picture of a guy with his head smashed in by the KKK and stated " This is what christianity does to you."

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I think a lot of people do just that, they lump all Christians into the same category, I have seen it proclaimed endlessly on this forum.

BUT OHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOO don't say anything bad about Islam, and your a hate monger.

[edit on 023131p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I think a lot of people do just that, they lump all Christians into the same category, I have seen it proclaimed endlessly on this forum.

And they are wrong, EVERY time they do it.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

And they are wrong, EVERY time they do it.

~Keeper

and very few ever have their back.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I think we should be able to point out and critique religion, no matter what religion.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander,

How will we ever evolve?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

reply to post by butcherguy

Leave your straw man at home my friend.

You're giving me an EXTREMIST example and trying to pass it off as a common occurance, it's simply false.

I get it, and that sort of stuff angers me too, but there's no way to logically stated that ALL muslims are like this and that ALL muslim women are oppressed and in danger such as this.

That's ridiculous.

You need to look at things from a wider perspective.

~Keeper
You need to look at some of my other posts.

I say that Africa is a place where our help is needed. It is a fact.

I am not making extremist statements. South Africa needed our help during apartheid, Africa still does. Read again, more slowly, you will see that I am not the one making across the board statements.

How about if I agree with you and say that who cares, screw it. It doesn't happen enough for us to care about it?

I won't because it is not how compassionate humans should behave.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by oniongrass
reply to post by hadriana

OK that's a reasonable point of view. But it's not the only reasonable point of view.

Men are visually oriented. If we see a woman in a bikini, it distracts us. We cannot ignore it. We aren't wired that way.

****I**** am the most visually oriented person I KNOW.

But it doesn't make me powerless. How silly of me, to forget that because men have eyes they have to be scared of women. We are so powerful because we are Oh so darn distracting.

Puh -leez. Go back to Dubai. Go swim in that ocean on the beaches of that man-made OH so visually appealing island where they let their crap run all in the water.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I think we should be able to point out and critique religion, no matter what religion.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander,

How will we ever evolve?

I think you are right. We should be able to critique any religion whether it is through humour or good debate. I try my best to be logical in my thinking when it comes to religion and call out insanity when it comes knocking at my cerebral door.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jvm222

I wonder what you said before you got the off topic. Whatever it was you got 8 stars before censorship!!
Have any of you seen the old movie that Sally Field played a mother who was victimized by her Muslim husband once she was in his country. Sorry..can't remember the name of the movie. It said a lot about the treatment of women as a wives. This was based on a true story.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

How about if I agree with you and say that who cares, screw it. It doesn't happen enough for us to care about it?

Exactly, it is like arguing that only three millions Jews were killed during the holocaust instead of six,

Oh wait, there wasn't a holocaust,

My bad.

[edit on 023131p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Minimum 20 million CIVILIAN Russians are killed during this war. What about this? why are you bringing the Jew Card on the table?

[edit on 2-8-2010 by deccal]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by deccal
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Minimum 20 million CIVILIAN Russians are killed during this war. What about this? why are you bringing the Jew Card on the table?

[edit on 2-8-2010 by deccal]
Most of which were 'Jews'. Same for Poland, Czechoslovakia, Ukraine and most of the rest of Eastern Europe.(ETA: Of the non-battle related casualties, you know, the ones they hauled away, worked to death and slaughtered.)

I'm not a Jew, just saying.

Stalin killed a whole crapload of them too.

Are you a Holocaust denier?

[edit on 2-8-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I apologize, I thought you had posted a pic of another muslim woman who was attacked.

I do agree 100% that Africa is in FAR more need of help than any of the ME countries.

That's a whole different issue though, the poverty in Africa is there for a reason.

There's no need to have 51% of the population living with under a dollar a day as there are PLENTY enough resources and money to go around already without having to borrow more.

That's a conspiracy in itself, I worked in Africa (Kenya) for a few years in my youth building agro-forestry, I know the pain those people have suffered at the hands of industrialized nations.

Again, my bad for not reading your post in context with your others.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

No problem.

Salaam Aleikum.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The op in this thread is completely asinine.
It is not America so we have no right to tell them how to live, not you not me.
The complete idiocy that it must take to get on the high horse and think that the real reason that we are there are to free people is pathetic.
The world would be pretty damned pathetic if every country was the same and everything was so WHITE washed.
I have a better suggestion, if you do not like it do NOT live there.
How hard is that?
There are worse atrocities going on all over the world but you do not see america running in to save the day.
America as a country right now is a **it hole for anyone that actually has to work for a living and to survive.
Our education system sucks, we outsource more and more jobs every day, our legal system sucks and our police system sucks.
Let the world be the world, if the world were WHITE washed hundreds and thousands of years ago how many huge advances would never have happened and how much knowledge would be lost.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OokieSpookie
The op in this thread is completely asinine.
It is not America so we have no right to tell them how to live, not you not me.
I will ask you also.

Did the world have any right placing an almost complete embargo on South Africa in an attempt to end apartheid?

If you have never heard of apartheid, you should look it up. Ah, I did it for you...

Then tell us that civilized countries have no business changing STUPID and DANGEROUS things in other countries.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'm just curious to know what steps you are taking to help the battered women of the world? Because to me it sounds like you are doing a lot of finger pointing. A lot of bark...with no bite. Act like a grown woman and try discussing what you think will help or what women need to do to help instead of ranting about how nobody cares. If you want people to take you seriously you need to change your approach.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

reply to post by Maya00a

Thank you for the words of wisdom, instead of the ridiculousness I see in this thread.

You are absolutely correct. Most muslims are Moderate Muslims, just like the average Christian is a moderate as well.

It's ridiculous to think that these extremist cases that we are protrayed every day in the news are the norm in these countries, it's simply untrue.

It's only portrayed that way in order to make the average person (again a moderate) become upset at Islam and it's teachings, and therefore at Muslims in general.

The propaganda campaign is working folks, heed my words.

~Keeper
Ask this model how real the mutilation is:

Tell her she is propaganda. Tell her the surgery that she had to have to repair her body was 'propaganda'.

I am sorry, but bad things happen. They happen because of institutions that are outside of the USA sometimes, too.

I never said it's ALL propaganda.

The OP suggested I go and live in the Middle East before giving an opinion. As I have lived and worked there I offered my opinion based on the experience that I lived and not what the TV and newspapers tell me.

I don't live with the illusion that bad things don't happen - to men, women and children.

Bad things happen all over the world in every single country, in every single religion and every single culture.

Are women, men and children not raped, murdered, mutilated and more, in every single country? I think you'll find they are but it just isn't all over the media.

My ex-husband was Amercian. He thought it was ok to be violent at home - does that mean I should judge all American men the same? I don't judge them to be the same because I've also lived in that country and met many good men and women.

I've seen the same when I lived in my own country - Britain.

I see the same in Spain, where I live at the moment.

I'm all for standing up for women all over the world. Why single out Middle Eastern women?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Glass houses and stones.
No more and no less.
This country has committed its own share of atrocities in its own time, hell it was founded and created on them.
"Civilized countries" need to mind their own business and worry about fixing themselves and if they someone reach Utopia, then and only then should they try and shape others.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonwize
reply to post by jvm222

I wonder what you said before you got the off topic. Whatever it was you got 8 stars before censorship!!
Have any of you seen the old movie that Sally Field played a mother who was victimized by her Muslim husband once she was in his country. Sorry..can't remember the name of the movie. It said a lot about the treatment of women as a wives. This was based on a true story.

Exactly what happened to me with my American husband! I had to get a court order to stop him being able to snatch my daughter from Britain. These things do not just happen in the Middle East.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join