It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Slobbering Love Affair With Martial Law....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Some would fire and some might not. Most military wouldn't consider it taking orders from "Obama" as much as their local commander. Your world view shrinks in a fire fight to your immediate chain of command. Group think and peer pressure will also play a role in all directions. So the circumstances would be a consideration. The first "conflict" would likely include personnel that could be "relied on".

I notice the different opinions here and usually like to hear opposing views. Those that completely dismiss the possibility and some who believe it's inevitable. Maybe there's room in the middle for both because each has a point.

The last revolutionary war, only a fraction fought for the freedom Americans now enjoy, I doubt the next revolution will be much different if and when it comes because all our current "leaders" are nothing of the sort. They've been bought and paid for some time ago.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Gee, if Mr. Obama is so gung-ho about martial law I wish he's give it a little trial run on the Mexican border, where it might actually be useful. No chance of that happening I guess.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
reply to post by fred call

It has happened before: History repeats itself. This is knowledge that you need to know.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

gunnyg.wordpress.com...

[edit on 1-8-2010 by infolurker]

Thanks, I have never even heard of this.
Good stuff.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Here is an example of someone who has a good perspective on what is going on in the fight for freedom! If there is a person who I think could lead the cause, this man is it. Not only does he prove that it is not a racist issue, but he is someone who is knowledgeable in commanding a force to succeed in a organized, civilized manor. Wether it was at the voting booth or if it came down to all out war you could trust he would know when it was time to fire the first shot. This is a leader who would attract people, patriots, and soldiers, to follow him into battle.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
does the military keep secrets?
yes.

does the military act on the information they have without informing the general public about their actions, behaviors, and information?
yes, yes, yes, yes, & yes.

has this been going on since before obama was born?
yes.

seems to me we have been under some sort of military "martial law" since before my arrival 38 years ago.

just some of my thoughts, but i admit i could be wrong.

pleasentries,
et

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeh2324

Originally posted by infolurker
reply to post by fred call

It has happened before: History repeats itself. This is knowledge that you need to know.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

gunnyg.wordpress.com...

[edit on 1-8-2010 by infolurker]

Thanks, I have never even heard of this.
Good stuff.

I love how the video says there is an underground tunnel for congress to sneak out...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

No sir, you did not say all that.

However, you failed to note that the Guardsmen also stated they felt in fear of their lives, citing riot was about to break out. One report even stated that a sniper had fired on them, which hasn't been completely refuted.

So is this soldiers firing on civilians, or citizens pulled from their normal lives to conduct a police action, becoming worried they will be maimed or killed for doing their duty at the call of their community leaders?

If it were you, and you felt that a crowd was coming to get you, would you do something to defend yourself?

There is a difference between crushing civilians under the boot and the human need for self-defense.

So while the narrative you provided is one-sided, there is a whole other side to it.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Antietam/Sharpsburg: America's Bloodiest Single Day..

Antietam Battle Map

americancivilwar.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by fred call
One of the more frequent questions I hear asked is: "If Obama gave the military orders to shoot American citizens in a martial law situation, do you think the military would open fire on their own?"

There are a lot of Americans who believe that Obama is putting together internment camps for American citizens, located in remote places of Montana and wherever.

Gee, I don't know if American troops would open fire on American citizens in a martial law situation. First we'd have to analyze what Obama's relationship with the military is like. You wonder if the National Guard or the Reserves or the Regular Army would follow any Obama order without question.

If you were military, and you got such an order, would you open fire on American citizens on Obama's orders during a martial law situation?

I suppose as large as the military establishment is, someone would follow an Obama order to fire on American citizens. We could go after this issue on a case by case basis of the American military.

I'll start with Lt. Col. Allen West. I'm not so sure Lt. Col. West would fall on his sword carrying out an extreme Obama command. Lt. Col. West is an African American. Politically I'd say West is on the opposite side of the fence as Colin Powell.

Lt Col. Allen West On Barack Obama: “I can’t stand the guy. I absolutely can’t stand him.”
thespeechatimeforchoosing.wordpress.com...’t-stand-the-guy-i-absolutely-can’t-stand-him/

My opinion, is that they absolutly would! The actual number of soldiers that would, I think it may suprise you. They may regret it years later, but it's way to late. They weed out the ones that wouldn't shoot at citizens. No, they won't send in soldiers that will not follow orders. (The same applies to cops)
They always bring weapons to peaceful marches and protest. They intend to use them if instructed.
But you are only free as you are willing to die, nothing more or less.

Let's not forget Katrina either. The so called "martial law" that wasn't really martial law...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jeh2324

I think the answer is simple. Psychologically profile conservatives into one unit. If they are ordered to shoot at liberal protestors and such, there probably won't be any compunctions.

At the same, psychologically profile liberals to be assigned to gay bars.

As for Katrina, I'm surprised more people didn't drown. I mean, Democrats in a city that is ten feet below sea level, a category five hurricane is coming, they haven't the common sense to evacuate, they sure don't have the ability to tread water all that long.

While liberals crowded into the Dome to be crushed by each other, conservatives gathere in the higher grounds of the French Quarter. The bars cranked up their generators. Conservatives had a good time with Hurricane Parties throughout Katrina.

There is a distinct difference in ways of thinking, you know.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by fred call]

[edit on 2-8-2010 by fred call]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join