It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Slobbering Love Affair With Martial Law....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
One of the more frequent questions I hear asked is: "If Obama gave the military orders to shoot American citizens in a martial law situation, do you think the military would open fire on their own?"

There are a lot of Americans who believe that Obama is putting together internment camps for American citizens, located in remote places of Montana and wherever.

Gee, I don't know if American troops would open fire on American citizens in a martial law situation. First we'd have to analyze what Obama's relationship with the military is like. You wonder if the National Guard or the Reserves or the Regular Army would follow any Obama order without question.

If you were military, and you got such an order, would you open fire on American citizens on Obama's orders during a martial law situation?

I suppose as large as the military establishment is, someone would follow an Obama order to fire on American citizens. We could go after this issue on a case by case basis of the American military.

I'll start with Lt. Col. Allen West. I'm not so sure Lt. Col. West would fall on his sword carrying out an extreme Obama command. Lt. Col. West is an African American. Politically I'd say West is on the opposite side of the fence as Colin Powell.

Lt Col. Allen West On Barack Obama: “I can’t stand the guy. I absolutely can’t stand him.”
thespeechatimeforchoosing.wordpress.com...’t-stand-the-guy-i-absolutely-can’t-stand-him/

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fred call

There are a lot of Americans who believe that Obama is putting together internment camps for American citizens

This claim was made under Bush as well. Some in the conspiracy theory community live their lives in constant paranoia and fear of some far off SHTF scenario that is likely to never come.

TPTB already run the world covertly, there are NO advantages to them switching into overt tyranny mode.

As for whether the armed forces would shoot on civilians. I think they would ONLY if they felt threatened by the civilians. So all their superiors need to do is convince them that the civilians they are wrangling up might be terrorists who could get violent and they create a situation where it is more likely for the soldier to shoot.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I don't mean to offend, but what is the point of this thread?

Do you have any sources to back up your claims that Obama supports martial law? Is there any logical reason for you to assume that martial law is forthcoming from this administration?

Why do you think Obama would give orders to fire on American citizens? Is the entire thing just a hypothetical?

Seriously, what are you getting at?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I'm kind of sick of Obama himself being pinpointed, and truly don't think he's to blame or any different than Bush.

I can remember when he was just elected comign out of some kind of meeting with those pulling the strings I'm sure, and he looked devasted and defeated and I knew, that he knew, he had no choice but whatever was planned.

Its up to us to free us, and him.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

So, I take it by your post you believe there never will be in this country an instance of martial law and the order to fire on American citizens.

You are welcome to that opinion.

From the people I've spoken with, I'd say your opinion is in the minority. But I would not attempt to dissuade you of your opinion.

If you are interested in such reports, I suggest you do a bit of research on the topic. It is a prevalent topic, I assure you.

But it's not for me to formulate your opinion. You decide for yourself.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I don't mean to offend, but what is the point of this thread?

Looks like the point is rather obvious. More blather from the neo-cons, and extreme fringe right wing....nuts to them!!!

HERE, this pretty much explains it:

[edit on 1 August 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Yes, the claim was also made during the Bush administration. I didn't start talking to people just when Obama was elected.

I get the distinct feeling the talk has racheted up a few notches over the past year and a half.

I suppose a conversation picks up momentum with time and a failing economy and wide open borders getting wider open, etc. etc.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

You talk as though being a conservative is a bad thing.

Anyway, if you were in the military and you were given the order to fire on Americans....what would your response be?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

It has happened before: History repeats itself. This is knowledge that you need to know.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

gunnyg.wordpress.com...

[edit on 1-8-2010 by infolurker]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Ya know, I have a personal theory that the vuvuzela was a mind control device used during the World Cup Games. The vuvuzela is manufactured in China. But that's another topic.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by fred call

So, I take it by your post you believe there never will be in this country an instance of martial law and the order to fire on American citizens.

Absolutely not. Martial law could very easily be implemented, especially during a time of disaster. We saw it implemented in New Orleans following Katrina.

I'm just wondering why you believe Obama supports martial law.

You made some pretty serious claims in your opening post. I'm just wondering why you drew those conclusions about Obama.

To give my honest point of view:

Obama is not my favorite president. Far from it.

However, he is not my least favorite president either. I think there is a lot of undue hatred towards Obama, especially coming from the far-right, that I fail to understand. There are most definitely legitimate criticisms against his administration, but unfounded rants like your opening post are completely unnecessary.

Why do you believe Obama has a "slobbering love affair with martial law", exactly?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
I'm kind of sick of Obama himself being pinpointed, and truly don't think he's to blame or any different than Bush.

I can remember when he was just elected comign out of some kind of meeting with those pulling the strings I'm sure, and he looked devasted and defeated and I knew, that he knew, he had no choice but whatever was planned.

Its up to us to free us, and him.

That's an excellent point, one I've thought as well...he needs our HELP.

Yes, I saw that look. Probably the same session that Henry Ford emerged from, or Oliver Stone. A more intense level for 'POTUS', to be sure. The part where he has to break all his promises, immediately, must have hurt his pride.

But he's PRESIDENT, see? There's enough fame power in that to occupy a novice for decades. If he sees this before he's old, then he's probably rec'd. all the help that he will ever receive.

As for the poster who stated that tptb already control covertly....you have to consider that one of the trappings of wealth and power is the ability to grind salted boot heels in to faces, and forever. This will never change, and nothing makes them ooze more with juices and lust than OVERT power. This is something we should reflect upon: There is more to wealth and disparity than simple dollars, and this is precisely what the nwo is founded upon. I won't even touch on e weapons in use.

In short, there are degrees of control, and in their eyes, they are just getting started.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

We could never have martial law here.

www.taroscopes.com...

As of 2000, USA Today reports on its front page that 6.6 million adults (three percent of the adult population) are in prison or “correction.” No other society as ever done so deadly a thing to its people and on such a scale - Gore Vidal (Imperial America)

We have two million people in jail. Our country doesn't build hospitals, doesn't build schools and doesn't build day-care centers. It builds prisons. This is not the hallmark of a free society, but of a police state - Steven Hager (High Times Editor-in-Chief)

[edit on 1-8-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

May 1970 Kent State University.
Four students were killed and nine others were injured when Ohio National Guardsmen fired on a crowd of students protesting the Vietnam War.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Shouldn't this thread be titled ATS members' love affair with martial law?

Seriously. The only people who have the love affair are the real paro's here on ATS. Swine Flu martial law, GOM martial law, economic collapse martial law, WW3 martial law, martial law martial law.

Give it a break! When SHTF there ain't gunna be no martial law! It will just be chaos and that is that!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

You wrote: However, he is not my least favorite president either. I think there is a lot of undue hatred towards Obama, especially coming from the far-right,

On that point, I'm hearing a lot of liberals say they hate Obama. He has not lived up to the primises he made to liberals. So they say. They do say they really hate Obama.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Not to point out the obvious, but isn't martial law one of those Presidential power things found in the Constitution? Although not explicitly stated, Article 1, Section 8 (suspend habeas corpus) and 9 (Congress proscribes military training) create the essence of martial law. The President is the Commander-in-Chief of the military and in charge of Federal Law enforcement.

In short, the part of the President's job is to stomp on people. Don't like it, amend the Constitution instead of complaining.

So where are you going with this?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Unless the National Guard is federalized, the Commander-in-Chief of the Guard is the governor of the respective state.

Governor Rhodes was the one who sent the Guardsmen to Kent at the behest of the Mayor.

The follow-on events had nothing to do with martial law, but the measure of response the Guard did in a crowd dispersal operation.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
obama might as well be the queen of f****** england, and i'll tell you why. because just like the queen of england he doesn't run s***. he is simply a figurehead, a smooth talking smiling face just like all of the rest of them. who really runs the country, you ask? well that's what we are trying to figure out here, isn't it? i would put my bet on the old rich guys who run those big corporations and hold nearly all the wealth in the country. remember the golden rule, he who has the gold makes the rules.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by 2weird2live2rare2die]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Unless the National Guard is federalized, the Commander-in-Chief of the Guard is the governor of the respective state.

Governor Rhodes was the one who sent the Guardsmen to Kent at the behest of the Mayor.

The follow-on events had nothing to do with martial law, but the measure of response the Guard did in a crowd dispersal operation.

My post in response to Fred Call, was in relation to the issue of "firing on US citizens" .

Unless the National Guard is federalized , the Commander-in-Chief of the Guard is the governor of the respective state .

Again, i was addressing the possibility of U.S soldiers firing on U.S citizens .

I didn`t make any reference as to who initiated this action.

The follow-on events had nothing to do with martial law

I don`t recall saying that it did.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join