It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Debate Forum Experience

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian
No way i have the cajones or abilities to successfully debate, formally, but I would image it'd be far more advantageous to enter a debate on the opposite side of your personal stance. Obviously, you learn the other side, in addition to what you thought you already knew, but if you did it earnestly, you also solidify your point of view ... and hopefully influence others the reexamine theirs. That would be the worth, in my view.

Thanks for the post. Never even looked into them, but now, I'll go check it out.

Actually you are a very impressive poster friend, with a great command of the vernacular and an ability to frame your arguments lucidly which is a big part of what the debate process is.

I imagine you would do great at it.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I think ATS would like, and I know I would too, to see some other fresh debate candidates take part in this fine ATS tradition.

Hoping there will be many more debates my friend and that would include you Proto, the outcome of your debate with skyfloating on the INTERNET should be posted soon, good luck.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join