It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks-Obama-NeoCons/MilitaryComplex and the war for the American psyche

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Most of the people here have been familiar with Wikileaks for a while, at least since the release of the helicopter video which didn't get much media exposure after all. But now Wikileaks is on the forefront of all the media and it doesn't seem like it is going to stop since the man claims he has a lot of information that he is still keeping for perhaps further releases.

Now, if it really was a top priority for Obama to stop Wikileaks, I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult.

On Fox news the headline has Secretary of Defense Gates saying that Wikileaks is morally 'guilty' for releasing Afghan documents.

It's an interesting 'attempt' to spin-off the moral 'guilt' around, since the 90,000+ new documents released by Wikileaks as the "Afghan War Diary, 2004-2010" is more than a simple leak like the helicopter video. This monster leak tells everything that was been going on in the Afghan war, which was mostly already public knowledge anyways, but had not reached media attention.

The moral guilt is definitely on the American military with all its ill-methods and lies.

2001 was a long time ago and people have come to realize that the motivation for the war was not as pristine as politicians were trying to make us believe.

These documents show that the US war machine is morally guilty of hiding facts from the people, and replace it with false information. (Like where is Bin Laden, who runs the drug traffic, etc...)

Now they are trying to turn the public opinion against the whistleblower, while the public opinion has been suspecting the government from lying all along.

It's definitely a lost battle for Mr Gates...
Now Wikileaks will get more exposure than ever.

But, what if Wikileaks really works for the US government against the rogue military complex??

How is it possible that the friendly Australian government let such an organization jeopardize the safety of our government military operation ???

This is all a PR war between the Obama and the Neo-cons. We have to stop the war to reduce military spendings but it is not possible to win the war if we stop the war, because the Taliban will just have to cross the border back to regain control over Afghanistan and open some new jihadist training camps.

The White House said that there was no sensitive information in the documents released by Wikileaks, because all that stuff was already out anyways.

But this is not as much a logical conflict as it is an emotional conflict. Different political factions are trying to rally people to their ideas. What will be your response?

Your politicians lied to you, went to war and told you everything was fine when it wasn't. You were suspecting it all along but they kept on telling you that it wasn't true. Now you know you were right, you know they lied to you, and you know this stuff is like a new Vietnam war.

So here is my questions to you:

Do you want the Afghan war to stop?

What is the main reason for which you support your answer to the first question?

What do you think it the main component (logical or emotional) leading you to answer the second question?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The only reason there is war is for production, for profit. Only fools see things of the world as large hulking blocks, building a tower, absolutes, heavy concrete notions. The world is different it is made of air, and he who controls the air, controls the world.

Your mind is the battleground, free your mind.

edit, terrorism is relative.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by depth om]

You say "this is between obama and neo cons". I disagree and see this ridiculous idea that the helm of Nat'l control is free for the taking is absurd. If you only work hard enough and resonate with "the people". A fallacy. People raise their voice, and stamp their feet over vapid notions of "this and that" and "liberal and conservative", what horseS.

Utter bs. On the news, the same groups of words are used every night, just rearranged into pretty patterns.

Left wing right wing, same bird. Cook the bird.

Free your mind from the name games of this murder world. anything on the world news is enemy weaponry. Designed to coerce your will to that of anothers.

I spoke to soon, and harshly, so I apologize. I just think this is a very bad joke with a punchline dipped in blood. Every day.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
My take on this (not a secret...lol) is along these same lines. Two warring factions. PNAC/neocons/Zionist vs. CFR. One wants the information out to stop the wars...these particular ones, anyway. The other doesn't because they want to keep these wars and more going and they have things to hide. Obama is backed by the CFR faction.

You can tell who aligns how (media, people, and so on) by what they say and how they say it. This is a pretty interesting thing to watch unfold.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

I agree that both of these factions militate for the supremacy of America on the global scene. The difference is with the means, and who gets the money to achieve these goals.

The war in Afghanistan is not a necessity for global leadership, and with the current economic turmoil those budgets could be spent elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by townio

There's just far too many sets, in terms of infos, how to find the gold without picking apart the whole mountain is a massive problem. One can arrive at thousands of results depending on which info is digested.

It's exhausting and many times extremely depressive.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

Just one piece of advice.............

Read Jim Marrs latest book "The Trillion Dollar Conspiracy".

It TELLS ALL

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by downunderET

I always check out a recommendation, thank you.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Nobody replied to any of my questions.
I'm still curious about your opinion on the war, and if you think the war should be stopped.

top topics

join