It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500,000 year old cranium found at Atapuerca, Burgos

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Thank you for posting the video, the horse is amazing, not so sure about the bull fighting, like the music.

Yeah Bullfighting
but SweetLiberty is right there can be no doubt that Merlin loves what he does and loves his rider

next semester I start Spanish Classes the first step in my on going project to move to Spain

Puertorican you are lucky maybe soon we will meet in Spain!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Hi Aquarius,

Marbella is in very the South of Spain. It is called the Costa Del Sol. We are about 20kms as the crow flies across the med from Morrocco. We also have Gibraltar about 30 mins drive.

It really is a lovely place and we have a micro climate here which gives us the warmest average temp on mainland Europe.

en.wikipedia.org...

Michelle Obama is coming here on Wednesday for Holidays!!!

www.dailymail.co.uk...< br />
They have started doing direct flights from NYC to Malaga so maybe you could get a cheap flight and come over sooner that you once thought!!

Edit To add Muesum link:

www.spanish-town-guides.com...

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Irish Matador]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Amazing skull!

Here's some off topic info:

Avoid Marbella, Benidorm, Costa del Sol etc etc etc These aren't Spain, they're merely an England/Germany in the sun... the closest thing you will find there to culture is a poorly cooked paella. I remember ordering food in Spanish in one of these places and got looked at like I was a visitor from out of space.

Get yourselves to the villages slightly inland, the smaller mountanous places, Jerica or Caudiel for example. Don't miss the bigger Toledo and of course the best city in Spain is Valencia... but it's already being hit on by millions of tourists. If you're round here I'll let you in on a real hidden gem (don't tell anyone)... Montanejos. Seriously amazing place, frequented by Spaniards, just avoid summer weekends but you'll never see anyone except me and the Spaniards round there.

Check out Aranjuez too. A short drive from Madrid but very traditional and hardly any foreign tourists.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

Marbella is in very the South of Spain. It is called the Costa Del Sol. We are about 20kms as the crow flies across the med from Morrocco. We also have Gibraltar about 30 mins drive.

When my family was there in March they had planned a day trip to Morocco and canceled as it was strongly recommended they not go as there were some problems going on at time as I am sure you are aware of.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
So how did a 500,000 year old skull devolve into animal cruelty?
Sure the horse was beautiful and agile.
But I'm sure the bull saw the horse a bit differently.
Sorry for being the wet blanket but Archaeology interests me but I have no tolerance for cruelty.
Nice skull, now I want to know what we did for the other 99% of time humans have been here.
What kind of architecture did we build how were our trade routes run Etc.
What did we do as a civilisation?
How are we so backward thinking after so long?
Do we cull our own population every so often to keep history suppressed?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I know there is ancient cave art here in Spain but that is one very old Skull. Anyone else hear or know about the supposed site of a ruined city in Cadiz province, past Gibraltar? Heard it was people looking for Atlantis, yeah I know

Plenty of history here, just don't mention the moors to the locals.

I also live near Marbella, well worth a visit if you like the heat! If I aint mistaking the picture posted was of Ronda? Well worth a visit also.

Dunno if I agree with little crime - some feckers robbed my cars centre console!

[edit on 2-8-2010 by DomhainGràdh]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Thank you for your post, I am in total agreement with you, have you been following the Wild Mustang story here on ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/415a488c5668.jpg[/atsimg]
Reconstitution of an individual female Homo antecessor practicing cannibalism
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8266a914b58f.jpg[/atsimg]
Model of a male Homo antecessor of Atapuerca mountains (Ibeas Museum, Burgos, Spain)

s1.zetaboards.com...

What homo-antecessor may have looked like at that time.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DomhainGràdh

Another member from Spain, good to hear from you, sorry about your console being taken, I think crime is up worldwide sadly.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Archaeological Museum
La Alcazaba
C/ Alcazabilla s/n
The Archaeological Museum is located in the castle/ fortress La Alcazaba. It contains important archaeological findings from the Phoenician era to the Moorish epoch. Many of the findings were found under the restoration of La Alcazaba and include Roman sculptures and mosaics, Arab ceramics and other pre-historical findings.

Thanks for the link, have you visited the Archaeological Museum? That would be the first place I would go.

Edit to add link::

www.spanish-town-guides.com...

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Aquarius1]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Atapuerca: cráneo 5 found previously at the same site as the 500,000 year old Skull in the opening post.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d978d90f2081.jpg[/atsimg]
Atapuerca: cráneo 5

www.celtiberia.net...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
Atapuerca: cráneo 5 found previously at the same site as the 500,000 year old Skull in the opening post.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d978d90f2081.jpg[/atsimg]
Atapuerca: cráneo 5

www.celtiberia.net...

I'll bet ya they do this facial reconstuction thing with these

wow this thread is Exploding I can't keep up!!

I'll see ya later I'm supposed to be doing home work!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Information is hard to come by on this topic but slowly I am finding interesting things to post, google is still my friend no matter what anyone says.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

The village of Orce outside Granada is very famous for its finds. They have found prehistoric relics that date back more than 1.7 million years.

www.andalucia.com...

This second link is in Spanish but goes to show when they suspect the first "homo" arrived on the iberian pennisula.

mural.uv.es...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Thank you again for the great links my friend, I need to have my nine year old granddaughter here who can read, speak and understand Spanish, she got interested in Spanish at age three and could read. She is still talking about their trip to Spain this past March, she did a lot of translating for her parents. She learned from a private tutor.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
500,000 years old?
Where is the proof?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
500,000 years old?
Where is the proof?

You might want to contact the archaeologists and scientists who did the carbon dating on the skull, if you find any information please share.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by slugger

Exactly!!
They have no proof. They throw these numbers around to impress you.
All bones will normally deteriourate in about 5000 years much sooner if they are subject to moisture. The best that could happen would be for them to fossilize, otherwise all traces are gone.

Carbon dating is not an exact science. There are so many errors with it that I wonder why they even use it and then declare its results to the world as if it were correct.

The pit/cave of bones seems to say that there were also animal bones there. Maybe not the remains of their food, but the restult of an Earthly Cataclysm, i.e. the legendary Flood.

I have the book this article summarizes. It explains that there are many caves/pits filled with bones of animals that do not cohabit, and explains how they likely got there.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by OhZone]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

It is very variable and depends on the soil chemistry and physical properties of the burial environment. There are cases where human bones can last well over a million years - although in time they will fossilize so that it is no longer the bone, but a mineral cast of the bone, which survives. On the other hand there are cases where a body can entirely disappear after a century of burial (see, for instance, the case of Cardinal Newman

news.bbc.co.uk...

answers.yahoo.com...

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Aquarius1]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
poor guy needed some braces.

Think he may need more that, a body would be nice, maybe a new wore drobe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join