It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch become 1st NATO member to quit Afghanistan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I don't give a s**t of what you guys think or say about the Dutch troops. They did their job as they were told to do. Helping to rebuild the area where they were stationed.

In your eyes they were useless and did everything wrong. So what.
At least our country didn't invade Afghanistan without approval of the NATO.

Besides all these comments you guys make about the Dutch, it is not our country who is always late or nonwilling to pay their share in dollars to the NATO.

So if you all have so many comments on us, it would also be a good idea to sort out your own issues first.

A proud Dutch.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

You just got a star!

Why, because it seems more and more often that the US government will ask for assistance then bitch about the assistance offered.

Some of us just happen to come from countries that DON'T have runaway, war mongerer's for government officials (yet).

I am actually ashamed that my government even put combat troops into Afghanistan.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

Dont worry about them. Here in the US, they neglect to mention on television anything about those who are helping us. They make it sound like the US does everything all on its own, and no one helps us.

I am glad the Dutch pulled out. Our government was bullying yours into supporting a war the Dutch people did not want, and it is the job of politicians to listen to the people in a democracy.

You should be proud, both of your troops and of your people. At least you managed to get your politicians to do the right thing, which is more than we can say here in the US.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
From the way it looks, the party who wanted the Netherlands to stay in Afghanistan is going to be in the government again. And one of the ministers has already proposed a new mission in Afghanistan. I hope the party(s) they have to govern with reject that plan.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy
I don't give a s**t of what you guys think or say about the Dutch troops. They did their job as they were told to do. Helping to rebuild the area where they were stationed.

Sorry, I'm just telling you what I saw. I have no problems with the Wooden Shoe Brigade. Not too impressed with your government, tho. But that goes without saying for a lot of countries, including my own.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
According to the original plans the troops were deployed never to have a fighting agenda. Besides that, the people were told that Uruzghan was a controlled and save area for the rebuilding plans. Once there it was soon that it was far from save. Like you all heard allready, the Taliban isn't weakened at all but regain strength in the years that passed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join