It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"mafia wars" on facebook: are you kidding me?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

I know I got tired of that game fast. It was repetitive BS if you ask me. I have more fun playing AD&D Online now. but any type of gansta game you will have a huge following. We are all thugs inside.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I hear rumors now that Blizzard wants to increase the monthly due to 19.99. Now that is a conspiracy in itself if it is true. I am really surprised especially with the recession we are in.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

I don't know where you heard those rumours, all recent rumours about Blizzards pricing policy have been about them going free to play. They will not be raising the price.

Now seriously why has this thread been allowed to stay in the General Conspiracies forum. A mod even replied as the second post, really ? Are game micro-transacations really conspiracy worthy, this should be a BTS thread. Is this site really that starved for content ?

[edit on 2-8-2010 by maskfan]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by maskfan

www.cnbc.com...
/Activision_Blizzard_CEO_Kicks_off_E3_with_Predictions

There is your source. He didn't say the price of wow or any other games, but the thought is there. You can see the PC games of Blizzard have increase to $60, but still keep the console games around $50.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I quit playing it after all my scripting cheats were blocked. Got tired of writing the scripts and them keep blocking them. I think the last one still works though. You can just run the game without having to do anything. When a game is so boring that you write scripts to play it, it just defeats the purpose of the game. One friend got me to start the game, within 2 weeks I was 100 levels above him, he said WTF?!

Hey, what I find HILARIOUS, zynga was getting pissed about people like me cheating in their game.

IT IS A GAME ABOUT MAFIA WARS. Dur, I guess the mafia does not cheat.

Oh the IRONY of it all.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

What's the conspiracy here exactly?

I steer clear of facebook games and it does get kind of frustrating to get a hundred requests for some stupid Farmville thing my friends are trying to rope me into.

Some video games are simpler than others and yes some use real money to buy fake money and items, which I think is rather silly but makes good business sense for the makers of the game if the game is free to play.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I dunno,
lots of "WOW" "players" are pretty...
as you say it..
SAD!.

it is all very sad.
facebook/facebook games/WoW....
and it is crazy..
soo many people are so GONE from this crap it is disturbing.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
stupidity isn't illegal.

ergo, no conspiracy.

crap like these mindless games is meant to appeal to the lowest common denominator. how fine it must be to be the mayor of sh*tsville, the #1 turd.

it's just something to keep folks busy, or distracted rather, while unwittingly running surveillance operations on their closest couple of hundred friends. if you want a farcebook conspiracy look no further than the log in/register button.

man, the new face of totalitarianism is well packaged!

i better go update my status.

[edit on 2/8/2010 by gravykraken]

[edit on 2/8/2010 by gravykraken]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
well i guess it could go to bts...
as for blizzard theyr the biggest arogant bastards if they want to increase the monthy tax,since they released starcraft 2,they should LOWER the tax.
and lets not forget how battle.net makes you accept that they see your every message on starcraft 2 battle.net chat,that was end of the line...

i know what you are saying mate,atleast pet society was good for flirting with the "girl next door" atleast when you finnaly manage to hack it and become rich.
then you send all expensive gifts to her,and shes still not happy,she wants to know how to hack the game herself so she dosnt need you anymore.isnt that nice?
i think its time to go outside and plant a tree or something

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
This WOW and video games in general are a waste of time. With the length of play time and "effort" that people seem to be "investing" in these games, they should be paid - which isn't the case of course.

I have to admit that I play a round or two of video games with my family and friends just for kicks, but spending long periods of time for a video game? - It all seems pretty ludicrous to me.

Video games as one of the pastimes yes. But having video games consume one's life? Outright laughable.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join